The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

56 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You are more of a one man team than Citeh. If Salah gets injured you are finished.

Nope we've got goals throughout this team, look at last year and this year thus far the front 3 have all have double figures, midfield has goals. That's why we are top of the league. 

Now look at the defensive record last season without VVD. If we lose VVD you have a discussion 

Edited by BangrakBob

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Nope we've got goals throughout this team, look at last year and this year thus far the front 3 have all have double figures, midfield has goals. That's why we are top of the league. 

Now look at the defensive record last season without VVD. If we lose VVD you have a discussion 

Keep telling yourself that.... it's not just his goals. Its his assists, off the ball movement which gives the others more space, etc etc

Without him you lose your cutting edge.

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Keep telling yourself that.... it's not just his goals. Its his assists, off the ball movement which gives the others more space, etc etc

I'm not denying he is an integral part of the team, but you're saying without him we are <deleted>, which is horsepiss. We have the best defensive record, we have a fluid attack that does not RELY on one player. 

Again your Match of the Day highlights assumption is letting you down, you don't even watch us so how would you know..

Edited by BangrakBob

Just now, BangrakBob said:

I'm not denying he is an integral part of the team, but you're saying without him we are <deleted>, which is horsepiss. We have the best defensive record, we have a fluid attack that does not RELY on one player. 

I'm not saying you become a bad team overnight. I'm saying without him I don't think you can make it over the line.

Of course even if he doesn't get injured, he might implode. Just look at the Iranian hotheads tonight vs Japan. Salah is usually so calm and composed, but I'm sure there's an Egyptian in there somewhere. 

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Nah not this year Ricky Martin no chance. We got firepower all over and if Virgil fancies banging a few in he can do it too. Shaqiri off the bench is a big help and Keita is not even settled yet so that's gotta kick in and firmino by his own standards will want to bag another 10 before the end. Mane has 10 more in him too. How many you think Sanchez has left in him, for the rest of his career? With Salah we are a better team but it's not a 1 man team by any means.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You are more of a one man team than Citeh. If Salah gets injured you are finished.

What are you talking about!!  Neither City or Liverpool are one man teams.  They are the best teams in the league and could both win the CL, but one man teams they are not.

Funnily enough, under Mourinho (that's you thought was doing a good job) United looked a one man team without Fellaini!!????

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, carmine said:

What are you talking about!!  Neither City or Liverpool are one man teams.  They are the best teams in the league and could both win the CL, but one man teams they are not.

Funnily enough, under Mourinho (that's you thought was doing a good job) United looked a one man team without Fellaini!!????

I said "more of" a one man team. Selective hearing?

It was Jose's  birthday on Saturday. So show some respect. Take a moment to think about him. Think that in one lifetime, he's achieved more than you could in 100. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I said "more of" a one man team. Selective hearing?

It was Jose's  birthday on Saturday. So show some respect. Take a moment to think about him. Think that in one lifetime, he's achieved more than you could in 100. 

????  Thats so hilariously childish!!!

Do you still think Martial can't cut it?????

"Micah Richards is close to retiring at just 30 years of age due to long-term knee miniscus problems. Micah, who made his City debut in 2005 and was with the club until 2015, has not played a senior game for his current club Aston Villa since being forced off injured against Wolves on October 15, 2016..."

Saw Micah for the first time on the City Tour of Thailand in 2005. He was a strapping 16 year old, very fast, great in the air, very brave. Never a defenders defender, he lacked a bit of awareness to play at centreback, and sometimes (like Walker) he relied a bit too much on his pace to get him out of trouble. Not a lot seems to have gone right for him since leaving City. 

Sad if he has to retire early. 

"Schalke are in pole position to land City's teenager Rabbi Matondo - who has not made a first-team appearance - for more than £10million.

City will have recouped around £160m from sales of players coming through their system in two years should Matondo depart for the Bundesliga."

This is for Champers after his comment that City would be complaining about too many fixtures ????:-

Pep Guardiola tells Man City players to forget about a day off as fixture congestion mounts

Pep Guardiola has told his Manchester City players to enjoy the 'privilege' of fighting on four fronts as the games continue to stack up for the Blues.

The Blues have had just one free midweek since the end of November and there's no sign of a rest yet, with the trip to Everton that was initially scheduled for the weekend of the Carabao Cup final brought forward to next midweek.

That has turned the week into a significant test for City in their bid to retain their Premier League title, with a trip to Goodison sandwiched between Etihad fixtures against Arsenal and Chelsea.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-everton-rearranged-date-15738734

• Like 1

Blown it! You can't see Liverpool losing 3 so now it's walk over the finish line. We are about 70% as good as we were last season and it shows in our performances.

After a great first minute we were surprisingly flat. Stuck in 2nd gear and ended in 1st. Nobody played well, some poor - Laporte had his first bad game of the season. Watching with the wife you felt what was going to happen in this game, and it did.

Newcastle deserved that.

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Blown it! You can't see Liverpool losing 3 so now it's walk over the finish line. We are about 70% as good as we were last season and it shows in our performances.

After a great first minute we were surprisingly flat. Stuck in 2nd gear and ended in 1st. Nobody played well, some poor - Laporte had his first bad game of the season. Watching with the wife you felt what was going to happen in this game, and it did.

Newcastle deserved that.

We don't have to lose three for you to catch us, but ever match is a cup final now. still a lot of games to go. 

Don't blame your wife!

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

We don't have to lose three for you to catch us, but ever match is a cup final now. still a lot of games to go. 

Don't blame your wife!

Bob its ok, you can believe.

The wife chose to be a City and suffer; im sure not many thai wifes would get up at stupid o'clock everytime. Well done Mrs BB!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

This is for Champers after his comment that City would be complaining about too many fixtures ????:-

Pep Guardiola tells Man City players to forget about a day off as fixture congestion mounts

Pep Guardiola has told his Manchester City players to enjoy the 'privilege' of fighting on four fronts as the games continue to stack up for the Blues.

The Blues have had just one free midweek since the end of November and there's no sign of a rest yet, with the trip to Everton that was initially scheduled for the weekend of the Carabao Cup final brought forward to next midweek.

That has turned the week into a significant test for City in their bid to retain their Premier League title, with a trip to Goodison sandwiched between Etihad fixtures against Arsenal and Chelsea.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-everton-rearranged-date-15738734

I read something yesterday regards injuries and how it can effect a clubs season. We've suffered 28, City 18 yet Wolves only 4!!!

i seem to remember when Leicester won the league and Chelsea the last time neither had hardly any injuries.

Its so much more significant now with the amount of fixtures over a season, to the point you need to be lucky and not suffer bad ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well that was amusing.

Panic buy time??

They might buy Idrissa Gueye from Everton but he is already 29yo. Mind you, he's an excellent defensive midfield and they do need a replacement, or at the very least cover.

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

I read something yesterday regards injuries and how it can effect a clubs season. We've suffered 28, City 18 yet Wolves only 4!!!

i seem to remember when Leicester won the league and Chelsea the last time neither had hardly any injuries.

Its so much more significant now with the amount of fixtures over a season, to the point you need to be lucky and not suffer bad ones.

carms, it's 37 actually ????

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The ref once again tried his best for city, yet another match day where city have by far the most added time when they are losing

Over 2 minutes just for edersons injury treatment  at the penalty.

Assuming  you watched the game (which you didnt as you were watching Burnley  so how can you make such a comment ), what do you think was the correct number of minutes?

I've got a meeting in 2 hours with a long suffering Newcastle fan. Not sure how it's going to go but I'm knackered, so I hope he doesn't gob off too much or it won't go well.

That aside. Well done Newcastle, they went 1-0 down early and kept in it. We looked like we thought we had won it after scoring and it would be a walk in the park. Pep saw it and tried to gee them up but there was too much complacency.

If Liverpool win tonight (who knows what can happen in the prem) it'll be almost impossible to catch them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

The ref once again tried his best for city, yet another match day where city have by far the most added time when they are losing

Seems Dyche thought something similar last night at your match too. 

"It was an excellent performance; we know they are in fine form," Dyche said.

"We were resilient, we are getting harder and harder to beat, and we can score goals as well.

"Our performances lately have picked up, their will, desire and mentality is growing all the time.

"I don't know where the five minutes of stoppage-time came from. That's a bugbear because it gave the crowd a lift. I also think Lindelof is offside when Alexis Sanchez heads it, but like I say the margins are tight."