The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not really familiar with anywhere in North Manchester but judging by a girl I used to see from Collyhurst, it's dodgy as ****. I've lived in Longsight and went to school in Hulme but for some I think of anywhere south of the city centre as nicer than north ????

Them are not Dodgy areas?

Just now, ChipButty said:

Yes Dodgy areas

Yeah I agree... was just saying I don't think of them like that, because I've spent time there. But anywhere north always felt a bit more shifty.

Anyway mate, I like your enthusiasm over the last couple of weeks! Think I will need convincing to stay up / wake up for tonight's game though. Has the potential to mess up my sleep pattern for the rest of the week. 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah I agree... was just saying I don't think of them like that, because I've spent time there. But anywhere north always felt a bit more shifty.

Anyway mate, I like your enthusiasm over the last couple of weeks! Think I will need convincing to stay up / wake up for tonight's game though. Has the potential to mess up my sleep pattern for the rest of the week. 

I usually wake up

10 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Ole's been with club as a player and coach for 15 years.He is intelligent enough to adapt to different situations having played and seen tactics used by other managers and playing against the worlds best. Management is a complex task but man management is a major part of being succesful. Having SAF there now for advice hasn't hurt either

However the season pans out I would be very happy to see then stay with Ole.

I also hope he is successful and that he stays. At the moment the plus for Pochettino is that he may be able to attract bigger names in the transfer market than Ole - but then again the prestige of the club should be able to do that on its own.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Not really familiar with anywhere in North Manchester but judging by a girl I used to see from Collyhurst, it's dodgy as ****. I've lived in Longsight and went to school in Hulme but for some I think of anywhere south of the city centre as nicer than north ????

Are you a multi with Chip butty you answered for him lol.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Wasn't really an answer.. Just keeping the discussion rolling... Funny how quiet the City thread has got these days ^__^

Strange how the Liverpool thread is quieter.

You seem to have had an influx of new ManU fans on here. Chipbutty and others will no doubt calm down in time as the post-Mourinho relief passes. 

You and Nev just about kept this thread from sinking in recent times - i thought it was going to go the same way of the once busy Arsenal thread.

There's no doubt which is always the busiest thread eh ????

Unfortunatly I'm struggling to find the posts where others in particular carmine 'questioned' why i thought murrinho had left m utd in a better position........ eh carms..??   TERRIBLE  ref tonight.. how many  borderline assaults allowed  and the studs on pogba.. <deleted>!!!  this team now looks like it'll challenge.. a bit to late ..?who knows ... there certainly under no pressure.. always a plus comin out of an intence period  .

• Like 1

Manchester United player ratings: Marcus Rashford and Romelu Lukaku good vs Newcastle

Man Utd beat Newcastle in their fourth Premier League fixture under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford scored.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-player-ratings-newcastle-15622095

Great away support from the Red Army once again tonight - the best away following bar none - put the 50,000 bar codes to shame

Ole’s at the wheel

Tell me how good does it feel

We’ve got Sanchez, Paul Pogba and Fred

Marcus Rashford’s a Manc born and bred

Du du du du dudu du du

Du du du du dudu du du

Greatest of English football

We’ve won it all all

• Like 1

On a separate note the referee is was horrendous, Newcastle should have been down to 9 men, Shelvy was a sure 100% red and lascelles should have been red / 2 yellows, got away with too many. Newcastle were playing dirty and mariner let most of the fouls go unpunished.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Strange how the Liverpool thread is quieter.

You seem to have had an influx of new ManU fans on here. Chipbutty and others will no doubt calm down in time as the post-Mourinho relief passes. 

You and Nev just about kept this thread from sinking in recent times - i thought it was going to go the same way of the once busy Arsenal thread.

There's no doubt which is always the busiest thread eh ????

Dont worry we will be No1 soon back where we belong

best_thread_ever1208121367.jpg

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Great away support from the Red Army once again tonight - the best away following bar none - put the 50,000 bar codes to shame

Ole’s at the wheel

Tell me how good does it feel

We’ve got Sanchez, Paul Pogba and Fred

Marcus Rashford’s a Manc born and bred

Du du du du dudu du du

Du du du du dudu du du

Greatest of English football

We’ve won it all all

Bloody brilliant our away support, drowned out the home support for most of the match not a mean feat at St James park.

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Unfortunatly I'm struggling to find the posts where others in particular carmine 'questioned' why i thought murrinho had left m utd in a better position........ eh carms..??   TERRIBLE  ref tonight.. how many  borderline assaults allowed  and the studs on pogba.. <deleted>!!!  this team now looks like it'll challenge.. a bit to late ..?who knows ... there certainly under no pressure.. always a plus comin out of an intence period  .

I don't understand what you retrying to say?  Are you saying that these first four wins confirms you were right that Mourinho had done ok? 

'I don't want to leave... it's such a great bunch of players and fantastic atmosphere': Solskjaer admits he wants to be permanent Manchester United boss after fourth straight win against Newcastle

Maybe they should train him up to be that manager they want..........?

Then bring in a DOF 

The eye-watering costs of being a football mascot: West Ham charge fans an incredible £700 while Leicester's £600 price tag dwarfs the rest of the Premier League

Both Manchester clubs do it for Free 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6547041/Championship-Swansea-charging-18-Premier-League-clubs-mascot-deals.html 

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I don't understand what you retrying to say?  Are you saying that these first four wins confirms you were right that Mourinho had done ok? 

What i ACTUALLY  said is your answer  

Edited by 3 minus 2