The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

28 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What, keep Maguire?

no team wants to take him even for free, the guy is a disaster, bad personality (remember the incident in Greece and his big ego, do you know who I am  555)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

no team wants to take him even for free, the guy is a disaster, bad personality (remember the incident in Greece and his big ego, do you know who I am  555)

Yep. Convicted criminal who at the time said he was going to appeal. But that's all gone quiet, so he remains a convicted criminal

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I agree, getting rid of him at this point is unrealistic.

But I'm not sure the reason teams don't want him is anything to do with what he said to a police officer one night on holiday in Greece.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I agree, getting rid of him at this point is unrealistic.

But I'm not sure the reason teams don't want him is anything to do with what he said to a police officer one night on holiday in Greece.

personal and professional goes together.... there is always that thought from a manager "we could, maybe, try him but his personality .... 555 )

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

personal and professional goes together.... there is always that thought from a manager "we could, maybe, try him but his personality .... 555 )

I think the biggest defect to his personality could be that he's a miserable <deleted> lol

I think having a night out and doing something stupid on holiday just makes him a normal bloke? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Hi guys, due to some friction with Wilai I'd like to announce I'll be off this forum until tomorrow morning.

Just need some time to clear my head.

Please respect my privacy at this time.

Wasn't sure whether to laugh or be confused. I've been asleep all night so I doubt it was me you were arguing with. Still. whatever floats your boat????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Dunno why they are apologising?

BBC News (UK)

@BBCNews
· 11h
BBC apologises after "Manchester United are rubbish" appears on screen during news broadcast

You can't call the biggest team in the galaxy "rubbish". Apparently, Aliens from an unidentified planet lodged complaints to the BBC watchdog

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, wilai said:

Wasn't sure whether to laugh or be confused. I've been asleep all night so I doubt it was me you were arguing with. Still. whatever floats your boat????

Just a bit of light hearted drama to break up the <deleted> kissing that now constitutes a title race.

Two large glasses of white followed by a glass of red and a glass of rose don't mix too well it seems. ????

On 5/24/2022 at 3:47 PM, RickG16 said:

Who else do you reckon realistically? 

Henderson - 40 m

Bailey - 15 m

Telles - 15 m

Jones - 5 m

AWB - 25 m

Rashford - 60 m

Martial - 30 m

Shaw - 30 m

Lindelof - 25 m

Fred - 25 m

Peira - 10 m

Williams - 15 m

Tuanzebi - 15 m

Mengi - 15 m

Dalot - 15 m

Maguire - Bag of cheese & onion crisps & a Mars Bar ( Or include him in a deal with Leicester for Tellimans)

That's 15 players right there i would offload - That's over 300 m generated.

Gotta bring back Garner from Forest & include him in our 1st team squad - Give DVB a chance next season too - promote 4 or 5 of our youth team into the 1st team squad & buy 7 or 8 young hungry players.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Henderson - 40 m

Bailey - 15 m

Telles - 15 m

Jones - 5 m

AWB - 25 m

Rashford - 60 m

Martial - 30 m

Shaw - 30 m

Lindelof - 25 m

Fred - 25 m

Peira - 10 m

Williams - 15 m

Tuanzebi - 15 m

Mengi - 15 m

Dalot - 15 m

Maguire - Bag of cheese & onion crisps & a Mars Bar ( Or include him in a deal with Leicester for Tellimans)

That's 15 players right there i would offload - That's over 300 m generated.

Gotta bring back Garner from Forest & include him in our 1st team squad - Give DVB a chance next season too - promote 4 or 5 of our youth team into the 1st team squad & buy 7 or 8 young hungry players.

Agree with most of those but not sure about getting rid of every full-back in the squad!

Would definatley like to see a completely fresh midfield. With Garner and VDB coming back + the new signings. Maybe Fred is the only one who survives the cull.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Agree with most of those but not sure about getting rid of every full-back in the squad!

Our 4 1st team full backs are <deleted> - They offer nothing going forward - The game has evolved & we are still stuck with the old mould of full backs - Look at Robertson, TAA, Walker & Cancelo Alonso, James - Proper attacking full backs - IMO, this is a big reason for their success - AWB is a fantastic defender, but cant cross a ball to save his life - Dalot cant defend, Telles & Shaw are not good enough either & are too slow & lazy.

Personally, our full back problem is just as bad as our midfield. We have a fantastic Spanish left back in our youth team & a decent right back too - Promote both to the 1st team squad, buy the Feyenord left back & bring in a young attacking right back - That would reduce our wage bill & give us more quality in the full back position.

I have no doubt that ETH, will do some serious business in this department.

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Our 4 1st team full backs are <deleted> - They offer nothing going forward - The game has evolved & we are still stuck with the old mould of full backs - Look at Robertson, TAA, Walker & Cancelo Alonso, James - Proper attacking full backs - IMO, this is a big reason for their success - AWB is a fantastic defender, but cant cross a ball to save his life - Dalot cant defend, Telles & Shaw are not good enough either & are too slow & lazy.

Personally, our full back problem is just as bad as our midfield. We have a fantastic Spanish left back in our youth team & a decent right back too - Promote both to the 1st team squad, buy the Feyenord left back & bring in a young attacking right back - That would reduce our wage bill & give us more quality in the full back position.

I have no doubt that ETH, will do some serious business in this department.

I can't disagree with much of what you say, however AWB was bought because of his attacking prowess and I remember seeing him pushing forward on many occasions when he played for CP, hence being bought for that reason.

Whenever I have seen him play for United, he is reluctant to push forward and certainly has very little idea of defensive marking, or in how to "jockey" a player, so what potential he initially had seems to have disappeared.

The same has happened with Rashford in respect of his game falling off, and I believe he is worth persevering with, because on his day he is brilliant, and that was the same with Martial, so we seem to have players whose game has dropped off markedly, and I wonder if that's anything to do with the coaching??

Definitely the coaching has something to do with it, hopefully now things will improve - i Like AWB, but when he pushes forward, hes completely lost, clueless as what to do next - He cant beat a man & get a cross in, he's always looking to play the ball back - IMO, he's gotta go.

Martial is one of my favourite players - On his day, he's unplayable, but unbelievably inconsistent & lazy, never looks happy - Gotta get rid, he's been here long enough.

Regarding Rashford - he's United through & through, but would we actually miss him ??? I can't remember the last time i saw him actually pass the ball to another United player - He came on in the Manchester derby & was walking around the pitch, along with Lingard - 2 Manchester lads, shocking.

I think that Rashford could actually be the surprise player to leave United - I hear that Bayern Munich are interested. I would be happy to see him leave for around 60 m - Maybe he could then resurrect his Ingerland career, especially with the world cup coming up this year.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:06 PM, RickG16 said:

Huh? Are you in the wrong thread?

What are you wittering on about?

You know - it was a dig at Liverpool - even an idiot like you must know that. I'll let you know that Liverpool used to call Utd a cup team.  Maybe you've got your head up your mate's Liverpool <deleted> you don't recognise it.

Don't you want to upset people so you have someone to talk to.

That's why people don't comment on here - just get a forum for the 3 of you.

13 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

You know - it was a dig at Liverpool - even an idiot like you must know that. I'll let you know that Liverpool used to call Utd a cup team.  Maybe you've got your head up your mate's Liverpool <deleted> you don't recognise it.

Don't you want to upset people so you have someone to talk to.

That's why people don't comment on here - just get a forum for the 3 of you.

It's the United thread. You're all over the shop. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How is this all over the place - EVERYONE knows it's a dig at Liverpool except the Utd super supporter sat at home...

If you need me to spell it out more just let me know after your nap...

They lost the premiership the day before and only in cups - god - do you need pictures.

Seriously enjoy your love-in

"

I reckon that Liverpool side could make up into a good cup team - given the luck of the draw - remind me of the old Spurs ????

"

Edited by Pmbkk

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'd hate to think all Utd fans had your brain capacity..

I expect your mates to shout up soon - hopefully they read your nonsense first !

15 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

I'd hate to think all Utd fans had your brain capacity..

I expect your mates to shout up soon - hopefully they read your nonsense first !

Yes, I do understand now, and yes, you did have to spell it out for me.

The fact you got zero reaction from anyone the first time round suggests it wasn't only my head it went over.

59 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Ralf bails. Wasn't hard to see that coming.

And good for Utd IMO as he wasn't strong enough for the job..........couldn't keep the players in line/order and like OGS couldn't command respect. 

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

And good for Utd IMO as he wasn't strong enough for the job..........couldn't keep the players in line/order and like OGS couldn't command respect. 

The idea that he could coach Austria and consult at United was silly from the beginning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

100%

Don't think we've had a manager who could hand out a rollicking since Mourinho. But he made the mistake of singling out players in public. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 11:02 PM, RickG16 said:

100%

Don't think we've had a manager who could hand out a rollicking since Mourinho. But he made the mistake of singling out players in public. 

I like the guy's honesty and straight forward speaking, not too much  the publicly criticism of players but overall the guy had balls... remember at Real Madrid he had the balls to single out Casillas but at MU he brought in a yo-yo from Juventus,  you should know the name 555

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

?

Manchester United appoint Andy O'Boyle as deputy football director

Andy O'Boyle, who returns to Man Utd 16 years after he served as an academy coach, will leave his current job as head of elite performance at the Premier League this summer; O'Boyle will provide support to football director John Murtough in driving the club's football strategy

Manchester United appoint Andy O'Boyle as deputy football director | Football News | Sky Sports

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Manchester United appoint Andy O'Boyle as deputy football director

Andy O'Boyle, who returns to Man Utd 16 years after he served as an academy coach, will leave his current job as head of elite performance at the Premier League this summer; O'Boyle will provide support to football director John Murtough in driving the club's football strategy

Manchester United appoint Andy O'Boyle as deputy football director | Football News | Sky Sports

To be honest I've had it with stories of backroom staff ....

How do we know who is good and who is bad without being on the training pitch? Yes, we can see the team's overall results but how do we know which coaches are more influential etc?

Without working in football, how do we know whether any of these people are bad or good?

Personally I'm not interested in any stories about recruitment of coaches or technical directors 

• Like 1