The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Both Carragher and Paul Ince put Maguire in their current combined XI for us and Liverpool.

I wonder whether Kadilo will acknowledge that he rode out that bad patch and showed admirable resolve when it seemed like the whole country was on his back (some still are).

He does look better with Bailly alongside, I just hope he can stay fit

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Klopp's press conference live soon... Might be worth a watch

He seems to love speaking about Covid SOPs in great detail. More than any other manager. Odd. Either trying to avoid talking about the football or he fancies himself as a viral disease expert.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Both Carragher and Paul Ince put Maguire in their current combined XI for us and Liverpool.

I wonder whether Kadilo will acknowledge that he rode out that bad patch and showed admirable resolve when it seemed like the whole country was on his back (some still are).

Maguire is probably the best of your 3 CBs and Liverpool don't have any experienced CBs fit, so not exactly a big acknowledgement by CarraInce.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

When's OGS comedy club interview on keyboard?

Out of interest who has the better english out of OGS and JK?

I reckon OGS's english is on par with your vocabulary.

Is that really Jack HNA? As in the famous tipster Jack HNA? 

Keyboards gonna be crying come Sunday. 

Here's a tip rick.

You got both barrels coming Sunday. I'm talking a <deleted> white wash. So bad united players will be wondering if they are really supposed to be in the men's premier league.

Yh that's right ricky. 

Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney announces retirement as he is appointed Derby County boss

Wayne Rooney has retired from his playing career and has taken the role as Derby County manager.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-retired-19633148

38 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney announces retirement as he is appointed Derby County boss

Wayne Rooney has retired from his playing career and has taken the role as Derby County manager.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-retired-19633148

Good luck Wazza. Played under some of the best managers ever, I expect he's picked up a few things.

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

@Kadilo

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah I like ESPN FC... it's a good laugh. But yeah they are blatantly anti United.

That question came up the other day on something I was watching, could be true, When United beat Chelsea 4-0 in the cup final he got subbed at half time thats why he's got the hump

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

That's because until recently, everything has been happening above you 

It's a serious point, and comes down to the difference in mentality between clubs. When have you ever seen me rejoicing about another club losing? Even during our bad times I was more concerned with us than what anyone else is doing. But United baiting is a forum tradition whenever we even drop points. 

For as long as we are top, I care even less about anyone else. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah I like ESPN FC... it's a good laugh. But yeah they are blatantly anti United.

I don't think ESPN or any other media are anti-United, the reverse more like it. They need viewers / readers so pander to ManU and Liverpool fans. Why else would they broadcast every ManU FA Cup game on tv since year dot. Broadcasting or publishing negative stories on City (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) panders to the Reds fans. Their approach is understandable as they need to generate revenue and / or viewers/readers.

Individuals on ESPN etc, with non-ManU allegiance, may of course be a bit biased, but there are are plenty of Liverpool and ManU pundits out there these days so I doubt ManU get unfair coverage.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I don't think ESPN or any other media are anti-United, the reverse more like it. They need viewers / readers so pander to ManU and Liverpool fans. Why else would they broadcast every ManU FA Cup game on tv since year dot. Broadcasting or publishing negative stories on City (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) panders to the Reds fans. Their approach is understandable as they need to generate revenue and / or viewers/readers.

Individuals on ESPN etc, with non-ManU allegiance, may of course be a bit biased, but there are are plenty of Liverpool and ManU pundits out there these days so I doubt ManU get unfair coverage.

a) do you watch / listen to ESPN FC

If yes

b) how many ex United players are there on ESPN FC

And

c) do you actually know the comments made that are causing people to call out anti United bias

If you don't actually know the programme, pundits and comments we are referring to, you are wasting our time and yours. 

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If yes

And

c) do you actually know the comments made that are causing people to call out anti United bias

If you don't actually know the programme, pundits and comments we are referring to, you are wasting our time and yours. 

Wasting our time 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

If yes

And

Yes I watch ESPN. Craig whatshisface (Scottish), Shaka Heslop, Steve Mcnicol ...(excuse the spellings)

See you missed my main point though on media loving ManU and Liverpool for the reasons I gave.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yes I watch ESPN. Craig whatshisface (Scottish), Shaka Heslop, Steve Mcnicol ...(excuse the spellings)

See you missed my main point though on media loving ManU and Liverpool for the reasons I gave.

We arent talking about the media at large, we are talking about one issue with these pundits... Or one in particular.