The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It was dire. United played the same as they did against us. Think they are scared of the big teams, so just try to snatch and grab a win nowadays

So scared we had about 4 chances to win the game in the 2nd half.

Big games like that with so much at stake can always be tight. A lot at stake. Considering we are 3 points ahead, going hell for leather would have been crazy. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Comon @wilai what were your thoughts on the game?

You don't need to be coy because your old mate isn't around. You are always welcome in our thread. 

Reminded me of the WBA game. We really are struggling to break down defensive teams at the moment. Missing Jota big time!

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Reminded me of the WBA game. We really are struggling to break down defensive teams at the moment. Missing Jota big time!

We are back to the same issue... labelling counter attacking teams defensive as some kind of slight. We play different ways against different teams. 

Not at all concerned by any labels as long as we stay in our current position. 

United are 7/1 for the title. Obviously we are still an outside shout, but that looks like value to me. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

So scared we had about 4 chances to win the game in the 2nd half.

Big games like that with so much at stake can always be tight. A lot at stake. Considering we are 3 points ahead, going hell for leather would have been crazy. 

Those 4 chances are all you had.

Have you forgotten what club you are? You aren't WBA, you are the self confessed biggest club in the world who now sit back and defend. I'm not saying you should have gone hell for leather but do you really think it's acceptable for the mighty United to allow the opposition to have 65.7% of possession? 

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Those 4 chances are all you had.

Have you forgotten what club you are? You aren't WBA, you are the self confessed biggest club in the world who now sit back and defend. I'm not saying you should have gone hell for leather but do you really think it's acceptable for the mighty United to allow the opposition to have 65.7% of possession? 

We went to play the Champions who are 67 games unbeaten at home and came away with a point and had plenty of chances to win the game. That will do me.

Calling us scared is just primary school level understanding of football. 

Edited by RickG16

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Yeah right.

If you are happy with the tactics that Olly Allardyce plays, that's up to you. 

Again - anything which isn't all guns blazing now equals Sam Allardyce. That's really basic.

They are 3 points behind us, playing at home, and with their famous front 3 all fit. But yet the onus is on us to throw caution to the wind?

Pay a visit to Planet Earth every now and then. Or more appropriately for you 'take your head out of the sand'.

56 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

They are 3 points behind us, playing at home, and with their famous front 3 all fit. But yet the onus is on us to throw caution to the wind?

You played the same against us at your gaff and I think we were 9th at the time. You really haven't done well against any of the so called top 6 clubs

Spurs hammered you at yours

Chelsea drew at yours

Arsenal beat you at yours

Leicester drew at theirs

City drew at yours

Liverpool draw at theirs

I think I'll just rest my case at that.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You played the same against us at your gaff and I think we were 9th at the time. You really haven't done well against any of the so called top 6 clubs

Chelsea drew at yours

Leicester drew at theirs

City drew at yours

Liverpool draw at theirs

And we are still Top, just like that

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Chelsea drew at yours

Leicester drew at theirs

City drew at yours

Liverpool draw at theirs

Whereas last season I recall us doing well against the big teams and falling short against sides we should be trouncing.

You are arguing that we should have played a different style vs Liverpool away. But as I said, we took a point and could have easily won the game. So I don't know where you are coming from. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

You are arguing that we should have played a different style vs Liverpool away. But as I said, we took a point and could have easily won the game. So I don't know where you are coming from. 

I'm not arguing about anything. I wasn't only talking about Liverpool, it's a pattern forming with this style against other teams. However, if you are happy seeing the mighty United playing like that, then bat on

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I'm not arguing about anything. I wasn't only talking about Liverpool, it's a pattern forming with this style against other teams. However, if you are happy seeing the mighty United playing like that, then bat on

So if we had played in another way we would be even further ahead in the table? Is that what you are suggesting?

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So if we had played in another way we would be even further ahead in the table? 

Who knows. Maybe or maybe not. But you would have had your heads held up high for playing the way football should be played, for a club of your stature. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I was happy to swap thoughts until you posted that garbage. I'm not going to fall into whatever narrative you have in mind

Sorry let's go back to your narrative... that we should be beating ourselves up over our style of play while we are three points clear at the top of the table. 

Let's be honest, whoever lifts that trophy isn't going to be kicking themselves saying "I wish we had been more attacking in X game".

Stop trying to troll the untrollable and just enjoy what is turning out to be a exciting title race. 

Absolutely delighted, with LFC form and injuries and boreunited in full on form they sat back and preyed for a slice of luck that never came. 

United are in a false state of we are back. Fully expect united to get battered 3-4 times before this season ends. 6es and 7s battered.

8 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Absolutely delighted, with LFC form and injuries and boreunited in full on form they sat back and preyed for a slice of luck that never came. 

United are in a false state of we are back. Fully expect united to get battered 3-4 times before this season ends. 6es and 7s battered.

Think the 'batterings' for the likes of man utd and spurs whose strengths,arguably,  are pace on the break,  happen when they're drawn up the park and their defending is hap hazard.. NOT gonna happen with utds defence that I've been watchin recently . Early season... Yeah .. but now... No.