The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

----------------------DDG--------------------------
Young------Smalling----Lindelöf----------Shaw
--------------------Matic-----------------------
----------Herrera----------Pogba---------------
-------------------Mata------------------------
----Sanchez----------------Rashford------------

SUBS - Lukaku (Sanchez), McTominay (Herrera), Pereira (Mata)

Man United 1 - 1 Liverpool
Rashford for us, Mane for them.

Close end-to-end game with them slightly shading it in terms of chances and claiming they were robbed, led by Klopp banging his usual drum.

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jan Molby. Thought he was very talented for a fat lad but the best foreigner for liverpool ever. Shurely shome mishtake?

Craig Johnston. Retired too early but for all the right reasons. Great guy. Great footballer. Made a fortune from inventing the Predator boot.

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Close end-to-end game with them slightly shading it in terms of chances and claiming they were robbed, led by Klopp banging his usual drum.

What is this? A prediction? Subbuteo match?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Craig Johnston. Retired too early but for all the right reasons. Great guy. Great footballer. Made a fortune from inventing the Predator boot.

Lovely guy, but great footballer he wasn’t.  I thought you knew a bit 

• Haha 1

BBC article on Ruud van Nistelrooy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/5647750b-8701-4fe6-99d7-96dc8307b9ab

The finishing for him was always natural. When you look at our current striker Rashford, finishing is something he has to work extremely hard on. Ruud had it locked down from birth and in the youth-ranks like Rooney also had.

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not sure about your line up Chip Butty. I would be tempted to go with that 11, apart from Lukaku instead of Alexis. Lukaku's performances have been just about solid, rather than spectacular. But Alexis has looked bereft of any confidence. We were 2 on 2 or similar against Chelsea and instead of attacking the space he looked to get rid of the ball as soon as possible.

If he does start, let's hope Ole's tomato ketchup bottle analogy rings true!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Ronny Rosenthal will be suggested next!

I think a few of the guys we have now are making great strides, but still a ways to go. For me Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness are 2 of the greatest non-English players to pull the shirt on. 

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think a few of the guys we have now are making great strides, but still a ways to go. For me Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness are 2 of the greatest non-English players to pull the shirt on. 

If you think about all the great Scottish players of the past its ridiculous they haven't gone further at major tournaments.

Looks like they won't be any time soon. 

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I was thinking the same my myself. 

Not expecting any agreement but IMO the two British / Irish players who you could build a team capable of winning a major tournament in the last 25 years were Roy Keane and Paul Scholes.

One was disrespected because he spoke out too much, one was disrespected because he spoke out too little. 

Edited by RickG16

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Not expecting any agreement but IMO the two British / Irish players who you could build a team capable of winning a major tournament in the last 25 years were Roy Keane and Paul Scholes.

One was disrespected because he spoke out too much, one was disrespected because he spoke out too little. 

They did their talking on the pitch even Zidane reckoned PS to be the best midfielder he had ever played against 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

...dirty evil barstard more like!!!

Rio Ferdinand joins Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Manchester United training… and both of them know what its like to score winners against Sunday's rivals Liverpool

Perhaps they were reminiscing over whose last-minute winner against Liverpool was better.

Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand joined interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as he took training ahead of Sunday's crunch clash with their bitterest rivals.

Solskjaer famously scored a stoppage time winner as United beat Liverpool 2-1 in the FA Cup fourth round en route to their historic Treble success in 1999.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6730021/Rio-Ferdinand-joins-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-Manchester-United-training.html 

• Like 1

Diogo Dalot surprises boyhood club by buying them a new team bus with first Manchester United pay packet,

United had a couple sitting around doing nothing after Jose got sacked,

Joking apart Lad nice thing to do

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6729815/Diogo-Dalot-surprises-boyhood-club-buying-new-team-bus.html

• Like 2