The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

United v Southampton 

Southampton are pretty poor, especially defensively and we should be rolling them over here, however we cannot be complacent. I think we need to field a strong team with the aim to get the game won within the first 60 mins and then sub off the starters for mid-week and kill the game.

Pogba to play the full 90 as he's banned for PSG.

Would be a good chance to rotate Dalot in for Young - he's played a lot of football recently and this looks an ideal chance for a rest.

And we dont need Luke Shaw getting another yellow 

Untitled.jpg

The key games that could decide the race for the top four for Manchester United

The Premier League has reached the business end of the season with 10 games to go and these are the key fixtures in the race for the top four for Man Utd.

Tottenham vs Arsenal - Saturday, March 2

This weekend's north London derby is key to determining just how many teams are involved in the fight for a top four spot. For most of the season Tottenham have been the outsiders in the title race, just stealthily going about their business. But successive defeats to Burnley and Chelsea suddenly have them looking vulnerable in third to the chasing pack.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/key-games-could-decide-race-15900226

Why aren't Spurs properly considered. On paper they possibly have the most difficult run in of the four clubs chasing Liverpool and City.

Given Spurs recent dubious form and that they are now only 5 points clear of United surely the fact that they have to visit both Anfield and the Etihad as well as the highlighted North London derby in coming weeks means they are just as much at risk of missing out on top four as the other three clubs likely involved. Were they to lose all three they could find themselves down in 6th if other results went against them.

I could easily see a Spurs who have a reputation for blowing up under pressure slipping up over the final weeks of the season.

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Why aren't Spurs properly considered. On paper they possibly have the most difficult run in of the four clubs chasing Liverpool and City.

Given Spurs recent dubious form and that they are now only 5 points clear of United surely the fact that they have to visit both Anfield and the Etihad as well as the highlighted North London derby in coming weeks means they are just as much at risk of missing out on top four as the other three clubs likely involved. Were they to lose all three they could find themselves down in 6th if other results went against them.

I could easily see a Spurs who have a reputation for blowing up under pressure slipping up over the final weeks of the season.

With a W3, D7, L13 record against Top 6 clubs you could well be right. Fair to say they are the ultimate  Flat-Track Bully team.

Manchester United 'to move for Alex Sandro' if Zinedine Zidane goes to Juventus - and more transfer rumours

The latest Man United transfer rumours concerns the future of long-time reported target Alex Sandro.

United have long been linked with Sandro, and the latest rumour connecting the Brazilian with an unlikely move to Old Trafford suggests Zidane may play a part in a deal.

Tuttosport say Juve boss Max Allegri is set to leave the club at the end of this season, with Zidane a possible contender to replace him.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-sandro-15909835

• Like 1

I can see why they would put Pogba as the Captain, he's proving right now that he is their man of the future, as the best player in the squad players will listen to him(not saying they wouldn't listen to Herrera), he has a great relationship with his teammates and wearing the armband will make him realize he has to lead this team so instead of being the one throwing a tantrum, he has to be the one to calm the team down, all in all I think we'll see a completely mature Pogba when he starts wearing that armband and I think that's what management wants, but I see a lot of you say Herrera should get it but personally I think De Gea should definitely get it before him, just how many years as he been great for us, how many times has he single handedly won games for us, I think it makes a lot of sense for Pogba to get it but I wouldn't be mad if De Gea got it.

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United 'to move for Alex Sandro' if Zinedine Zidane goes to Juventus - and more transfer rumours

The latest Man United transfer rumours concerns the future of long-time reported target Alex Sandro.

United have long been linked with Sandro, and the latest rumour connecting the Brazilian with an unlikely move to Old Trafford suggests Zidane may play a part in a deal.

Tuttosport say Juve boss Max Allegri is set to leave the club at the end of this season, with Zidane a possible contender to replace him.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-sandro-15909835

João Felix. Of Benfica.

Reminds me of a young Ronaldo.

This is the guy we should be all over, we have been sniffing around him for awhile, I think he has a 100 mil release clause.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I can see why they would put Pogba as the Captain, he's proving right now that he is their man of the future, as the best player in the squad players will listen to him(not saying they wouldn't listen to Herrera), he has a great relationship with his teammates and wearing the armband will make him realize he has to lead this team so instead of being the one throwing a tantrum, he has to be the one to calm the team down, all in all I think we'll see a completely mature Pogba when he starts wearing that armband and I think that's what management wants, but I see a lot of you say Herrera should get it but personally I think De Gea should definitely get it before him, just how many years as he been great for us, how many times has he single handedly won games for us, I think it makes a lot of sense for Pogba to get it but I wouldn't be mad if De Gea got it.

I don't think there's any outstanding candidates. And if you think not so long ago we had G Neville, Vidic or Rio to choose from.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:09 AM, ChipButty said:

United v Southampton 

Southampton are pretty poor, especially defensively and we should be rolling them over here, however we cannot be complacent. I think we need to field a strong team with the aim to get the game won within the first 60 mins and then sub off the starters for mid-week and kill the game.

Pogba to play the full 90 as he's banned for PSG.

Would be a good chance to rotate Dalot in for Young - he's played a lot of football recently and this looks an ideal chance for a rest.

And we dont need Luke Shaw getting another yellow 

Untitled.jpg

3-2 well done MU,

who are they playing next?

Saw in a Norwegian msm yesterday that OGS was referred to as The Babyfaced Assassin.

Haven't heard that one before.

Is that a nickname he got while playing for United?

9 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

3-2 well done MU,

Saw in a Norwegian msm yesterday that OGS was referred to as The Babyfaced Assassin.

That's right AlvinPurples - the baby faced assassin, who now looks like an aging lady face, needs a beard transplant.

so where is the resident spurs supporter manu basher that used to post some really nasty bull on this forum

gone into hiding in shame I think, it brings me great satisfaction to predict that Spurs are now heading for a shift down to 5th or possibly 6th

LMAO

oh and what a great match tonight, some absolutely stunning goals from SH they do not deserve to be 4th from the bottom 

• Like 1

I was hoping for a draw in the end, as a Spurs fan I am not too happy right now. Top 4 will be difficult enough. 

Edited by balo

6 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

3-2 well done MU,

Yes he got that from when playing I think it came after a game where he came on as a sub and scored 4 goals

Manchester United player ratings: Romelu Lukaku and Diogo Dalot brilliant vs Southampton

Man Utd vs Southampton ended in victory for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer thanks to Romelu Lukaku scoring twice and Andreas Pereira equalising. 

Good result in the end. Games like these we need Matic and Herrera. We've done excellently considering our injury list. I still think we are nervous a bit at home. We need to make old Trafford a fortress again. Teams are still coming thinking they can get a result. The Jose saga is still lingering but in time it will pass.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-player-ratings-lukaku-15911719

13 wins and 2 draws domestically (cup and league) since Ole took over. I fancied us to drop points on Weds or today with the injuries we have, but he's changed the mindset and got players playing as they should do. Even the reserves are in tune and have stepped up to the plate.

It's not rocket science, but it's amazing what happens to confidence when you don't spend your press conferences telling the world what useless <deleted> your players are 'cos you didn't get another 90 mil in the summer.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

so where is the resident spurs supporter manu basher that used to post some really nasty bull on this forum

gone into hiding in shame I think, it brings me great satisfaction to predict that Spurs are now heading for a shift down to 5th or possibly 6th

LMAO

oh and what a great match tonight, some absolutely stunning goals from SH they do not deserve to be 4th from the bottom 

In all my time on TV Footy I've never seen the 'phut maak' spurs trio so quiet. Loving it! ????

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

In all my time on TV Footy I've never seen the 'phut maak' spurs trio so quiet. Loving it! ????

I’m sure a place in the Semi of the CL will soon have them back. 

• Haha 1

Sanchez was always a big fish in a small pond at Arsenal, I said it when we first signed him. I'd be tempted to start Lukaku on the right again, Rashford in the middle and Martial, if fit, on the left.

The way we've been playing since Ollie took over is fantastic. The match on Wednesday isn't a foregone conclusion by any means, we're quite capable of scoring three goals over there I think.

Aaron Ramsey will help Juventus reach their Champions League goal and Manchester United can contend for the Premier League next season: 10 Things We Learned

Aaron Ramsey's north London derby performance was good news for Juventus 

Manchester United can challenge for the title next season if they continue form 

After drawing to rivals Everton, Liverpool surrendered top spot to Man City

Eden Hazard became the third Chelsea star to score and assist 50 league goals 

Aaron Ramsey ready to help Juventus reach Champions League goal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6766949/Ramsey-help-Juve-reach-Champions-League-goal-United-contend-title-season.html

Manchester United can contend for Premier League next season

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given Manchester United what they needed all along - a title prospect.

For too long the biggest team in the country have been content to just get into the top four. That has been the consistent aim since Sir Alex Ferguson retired. But under Solskjaer, they have won 32 points, five more than any other side in the top flight in that time