The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Ole says Lingard and Martial could be in contention. With Mata having had a decent game it's interesting to see who plays. Pretty much rules Alexis out I would have thought. 

Didn't realise Mata was still with you. Bet they kept him only so they can get decent discount at his restaurant.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:55 PM, RickG16 said:

Not expecting any agreement but IMO the two British / Irish players who you could build a team capable of winning a major tournament in the last 25 years were Roy Keane and Paul Scholes.

One was disrespected because he spoke out too much, one was disrespected because he spoke out too little. 

They were good players, in a great team. 

This tie of the English football calendar is one that has been steeped in tradition, mired in mayhem and decorated with some defining moments. It is more than the ‘North-west Derby’; more than a grudge match. It is an assault on the singular heritage of being called the most successful club in English league football.

Surprisingly both clubs have their own City rivals and derby clashes but they share an unrivaled fire to disquiet and rile up each other. Both have storied past, fanatic and militant support and 35 miles of geography separating them.

Even before the knocking off perches, Rafa’s factsheet and Suarez’s vampire impressions, this fixture has always been the theatre of English football’s greatest plots.

7a3bd-15508580236039-800.jpg

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/manchester-united-vs-liverpool-fight-for-pride-points-prize-and-permanence

Edited by ChipButty

From open office doors to new club suits and team meals out, Solskjaer has made sweeping changes behind the scenes... now Manchester United are feeling the Ole Effect

As one United insider told Sportsmail: ‘It feels like someone has drawn back the curtains and let the sunshine in.’ 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6734531/How-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-revolutionised-Manchester-United.html

10149936-6734531-Ole_Gunnar_Solskjaer_centre_has_had_a_huge_impact_since_taking_o-m-1_1550860686701.jpg

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

They all want to beat Liverpool this week

Liverpool wearing grey kit tomorrow, I think Vidic remembers when he played Liverpool in grey at OT, I wonder if he passed on that knowledge to the lads. 

Edited by BangrakBob

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Liverpool wearing grey kit tomorrow, I think Vidic remembers when he played Liverpool in grey at OT, I wonder if he passed on that knowledge to the lads. 

In his first half a season, Vidic looked worryingly off the pace, and actually too bulky / overweight. I remember him getting skinned by Craig Bellamy vs Liverpool.

But over the summer has was transformed into a machine, noticeably slimmer and quicker, but with just as much bite. He must have spent the whole summer running and running. Truly amazing defenders. One of the best players to pull on the United shirt. I wore my 'Vidic 5' Serbia national team top with more pride than I ever would an England jersey!

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

In his first half a season, Vidic looked worryingly off the pace, and actually too bulky / overweight. I remember him getting skinned by Craig Bellamy vs Liverpool.

But over the summer has was transformed into a machine, noticeably slimmer and quicker, but with just as much bite. He must have spent the whole summer running and running. Truly amazing defenders. One of the best players to pull on the United shirt. I wore my 'Vidic 5' Serbia national team top with more pride than I ever would an England jersey!

I was referring to the 1-4 demolition at OT where Fernando Torres turned Vidic inside out. 

44 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I was referring to the 1-4 demolition at OT where Fernando Torres turned Vidic inside out. 

Everyone has an off day. Doesn't change his medal collection or what a great player he was. Him, Rio, VDS, and Evra....I believe it was that defence that broke the all time European Cup record for consecutive clean sheets away from home.

Unbelievable defence. 

Sky have Gerrard,Dalglish,Redknapp,Thompson,Ken Dodd,Danny Murphy,Rob Jones,Cilla Black and Trevor Jordache representing Liverpool.

Andrew Impey is the neutral analyst 

saw this on another forum thought it was quiet funny.

• Like 1

Least we took 2 points off lpool with a badly injured squad so well played to the lads. Lets hope injuries aint to bad n we get rashford martial lingard bk firing again soon. Matic n herrera make pogba play better n more freedom so need them bk soon as well. Def need 2, 3 class players next season as we look dodgy when get few injuries