The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 1/9/2019 at 6:03 PM, Kadilo said:

I fully expect United to have a very strong second half to the season. I don’t think it’s necessarity the OGS effect, more the not having Mourinho effect. Players are playing at a different level now he and his divisive ways are gone. 

I still think with someone like Poch at the helm and another 3/4 quality players you could be pushing the current top two within 3 years. 

There is also a lot of dross there that needs shifting to make way. 

Always good to look back at comments people make a few months on and people reactions. 

Not hard to see why some have gone AWOL. 

Looking back to to the end of last year / beginning this there were some quite bold predictions by the United boys which are now looking quite good. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up PSG 2 nil down but 20 years ago I was there that night in Turin when we were 2 nil down inside 20 minutes sheeeet I will admit this team is not up to that team but the spirit is there, look at that Juventus team then would you have gave United a chance? Maybe not

Warriors that night we trashed them and Turin afterwards 

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Next up PSG 2 nil down but 20 years ago I was there that night in Turin when we were 2 nil down inside 20 minutes sheeeet I will admit this team is not up to that team but the spirit is there, look at that Juventus team then would you have gave United a chance? Maybe not

Warriors that night we trashed them and Turin afterwards 

I watched the full game again not so long ago... made you remember just what a great player Keano was. Not just for popping up with the first goal but his technical ability, the way he controlled the game, made things happen, and of course how he kept focused after getting the yellow which he knew would mean he'd miss the final...

.... now if only another midfielder hadn't imploded under the same circumstances, in the same stadium around 9 years earlier. 

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I watched the full game again not so long ago... made you remember just what a great player Keano was. Not just for popping up with the first goal but his technical ability, the way he controlled the game, made things happen, and of course how he kept focused after getting the yellow which he knew would mean he'd miss the final...

.... now if only another midfielder hadn't imploded under the same circumstances, in the same stadium around 9 years earlier. 

Scholes also just got on with the job

How Manchester United could line up vs Paris Saint-Germain with nine first team players out

Man Utd are in the midst of an injury crisis with up to 10 players expected to miss the game against PSG in the Champions League.

1_PSG-unitedJPG.jpg

Memphis Depay 'wants Premier League return after unfinished business at Manchester United'

Ex-Man Utd winger Memhpis Depay wants to return to the Premier League, according to former France international Robert Pires.

He said: "I think Depay wants to come back to the Premier League and he feels he has unfinished business in England. He’s unhappy at Lyon and has already stated his ambitions to leave this summer for a big club in Europe."

Next season will be interesting. Man City could be obliged to develop some local, home grown talent.

Man Utd should probably give the managers job to Ole. They will need someone smart to draw up a list of suitable targets. Keep Fergie well away from that job.

Klopp and his team obviously have an eye for talent.

Chelsea owner must be getting bored now. Assembles a wealth of talent but they are obviously not happy. 

Spurs wont spend money so Pochettino will go to Europe.

Happy teams play better football. Man Utd and Liverpool to do the business next season. Man City might challenge if Peps stays and bring on some youngsters.

All the London clubs will fade away. Spurs and Arsenal won’t spend or develop youth. Chelsea will continue to struggle without a quality manager.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

How Manchester United could line up vs Paris Saint-Germain with nine first team players out

Man Utd are in the midst of an injury crisis with up to 10 players expected to miss the game against PSG in the Champions League.

1_PSG-unitedJPG.jpg

So PSG have 9 out and ManU have 10 out, should  be fascinating.

Memphis Depay 'wants Premier League return after unfinished business at Manchester United'

Ex-Man Utd winger Memhpis Depay wants to return to the Premier League, according to former France international Robert Pires.

He said: "I think Depay wants to come back to the Premier League and he feels he has unfinished business in England. He’s unhappy at Lyon and has already stated his ambitions to leave this summer for a big club in Europe."

We played Lyon twice this season and he didn't  stand out.

Next season will be interesting. Man City could be obliged to develop some local, home grown talent.

Man Utd should probably give the managers job to Ole. They will need someone smart to draw up a list of suitable targets. Keep Fergie well away from that job.

Chelsea owner must be getting bored now. Assembles a wealth of talent but they are obviously not happy. 

Happy teams play better football. Man Utd and Liverpool to do the business next season. Man City might challenge if Peps stays and bring on some youngsters.

All the London clubs will fade away. Spurs and Arsenal won’t spend or develop youth. Chelsea will continue to struggle without a quality manager.

Your comments on City makes no sense. 

Pep has extended to stay until the end of the 2020-21 campaign. 

We've already pretty much replaced Kompany/Otamendi with Stones/Laporte. Bernardo/Gundogan/Foden phasing out David Silva. Sandler and Garcia look likely to come through next season Eric Garcia. Etc. Etc.

What have you seen this season to suggest we might not challenge next season?

Just now, ChipButty said:

Didnt United have a buy back clause?

Wouldn't be surprised, but I don't see how it could work second time around. For me he was a bit of a one trick pony anyway... cut inside and leather it with his right foot. (But I admit it is a very good right foot!)

Spurs won't develop youth?

Errm I think you might want to rephrase that.

Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba in 'dramatic bust-up' over missed penalty against Saouthampton with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer having to step in to calm pair down

Paul Pogba missed a late penalty for Manchester United against Southampton 

Team-mate Romelu Lukaku was on a hat-trick having scored twice in the 3-2 win

He reacted angrily after Pogba insisted on taking it and pair had to be calmed 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6771225/Romelu-Lukaku-confronts-Manchester-United-team-mate-Paul-Pogba-penalty-miss-Southampton-win.html

16 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba in 'dramatic bust-up' over missed penalty against Saouthampton with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer having to step in to calm pair down

Paul Pogba missed a late penalty for Manchester United against Southampton 

Team-mate Romelu Lukaku was on a hat-trick having scored twice in the 3-2 win

He reacted angrily after Pogba insisted on taking it and pair had to be calmed 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6771225/Romelu-Lukaku-confronts-Manchester-United-team-mate-Paul-Pogba-penalty-miss-Southampton-win.html

get back inside and wash those bastad curtains, you nosey bitch!

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

get back inside and wash those bastad curtains, you nosey bitch!

It originally comes from a Sun report by Neil Custis, who I actually quite like. It quotes 'a United source'.

Looks like it isn't going to be Duncan Castles breaking all the exclusives in the Ole era! 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It originally comes from a Sun report by Neil Custis, who I actually quite like. It quotes 'a United source'.

Looks like it isn't going to be Duncan Castles breaking all the exclusives in the Ole era! 

I didn't read it, I just read Chippy's old woman gossip headlines.  

So that bald headed dildo has finally pulled his head out Jose's arse, only to stuff it up old lady face ole's backside has he?

Exclusives indeed. 

Manchester United want £155m pair Ruben Dias and Joao Felix but what are they both like? Which of duo has been compared to Johan Cruyff? And where would they fit in at Old Trafford?

Manchester United are thought to be interested in Ruben Dias and Joao Felix 

They would have to pay around £155million to snap up the Portuguese pair 

Sportsmail has taken a look at the pair and what they could bring to Old Trafford 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6768635/Why-Man-Utd-want-155m-pair-Ruben-Dias-Joao-Felix.html

48 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I didn't read it, I just read Chippy's old woman gossip headlines.  

So that bald headed dildo has finally pulled his head out Jose's arse, only to stuff it up old lady face ole's backside has he?

Exclusives indeed. 

Like a roaming pack of aunties.

With so many players injured (9) and Pogba on a one match ban it would take minor miracle to win away from home v PSG but again another opportunity for the players that haven't had much game time to shine.

Speaking of which at the Southampton game I trust an alarm went off in Ed Woodward's head when he saw the performance of Peirara (MOM for many) Mc Tominay (been at United since he was 5) and Dalot who at only 19 has a physical prescence that belies his age playing with such confidence.

McTominay has the physicality at 6 ft 4" to eventually take over the Matic role,Peirera, mindful previously of Mourinho's lack of confidence in him may never have scored that goal, he may have just laid it off to someone else and Dalot appears very happy storming down the right flank and his crosses have been a feature

Rather than buy players like Fred (50K +)and Sanchez 400 quid a week and now finished for the season let OGS develop the younger players they already have.I dont have a problem with buying some new young players but bringing in players at the tail end of their careers is not condusive to building a team that can compete in the next 5 years.Zlatan wasbriliant but a short term fix.

Mourinho had at his disposal defensive players like Shaw ,Rojo ,Smalling ,Jones,Lindelof,Bailly Darmien,Valencia & Young but is rumoured still wanted to buy another CB  and Harry McGuires name was bandied about.HM performances after a couple of good games for England has been spot on average,hardly world class.

Part of a Manager/Coaches job is to develop what you have not just go and buy ready mades. Mourinho doesnt appear to have that ability

any more. OGS/Phelan do and I hope the appointment now is confirmed sooner than later.

11 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

With so many players injured (9) and Pogba on a one match ban it would take minor miracle to win away from home v PSG but again another opportunity for the players that haven't had much game time to shine.

Speaking of which at the Southampton game I trust an alarm went off in Ed Woodward's head when he saw the performance of Peirara (MOM for many) Mc Tominay (been at United since he was 5) and Dalot who at only 19 has a physical prescence that belies his age playing with such confidence.

McTominay has the physicality at 6 ft 4" to eventually take over the Matic role,Peirera, mindful previously of Mourinho's lack of confidence in him may never have scored that goal, he may have just laid it off to someone else and Dalot appears very happy storming down the right flank and his crosses have been a feature

Rather than buy players like Fred (50K +)and Sanchez 400 quid a week and now finished for the season let OGS develop the younger players they already have.I dont have a problem with buying some new young players but bringing in players at the tail end of their careers is not condusive to building a team that can compete in the next 5 years.Zlatan wasbriliant but a short term fix.

Mourinho had at his disposal defensive players like Shaw ,Rojo ,Smalling ,Jones,Lindelof,Bailly Darmien,Valencia & Young but is rumoured still wanted to buy another CB  and Harry McGuires name was bandied about.HM performances after a couple of good games for England has been spot on average,hardly world class.

Part of a Manager/Coaches job is to develop what you have not just go and buy ready mades. Mourinho doesnt appear to have that ability

any more. OGS/Phelan do and I hope the appointment now is confirmed sooner than later.

Can't argue with any of that mate, It's a very tall order to go to Psg and get a win not just a win but to go through we will have to score three goals, funnier things have happened in football but the odds are huge for it to happen.

14 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Like all good salesmen can sell what they haven't got

Off topic I know great win by Ajax, But that win is exactly what we have to do to go through, Play with no fear and the young legs of the lads from the academy could cause an upset, I know it's a long shot but just go for it and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Off topic I know great win by Ajax, But that win is exactly what we have to do to go through, Play with no fear and the young legs of the lads from the academy could cause an upset, I know it's a long shot but just go for it and hope for the best.

Amazing result from Ajax, if only could do the same but I doubt it

All the best to the young Fellers

I didnt watch the game Im just reading now and it seems Blind had a good game

Lindelof this year has been excellent. He is like a bigger version of Blind. Him and Blind would have made a good partnership (and Blind and Smalling had a good partnership, with Lindelof and Smalling making a good one). Three CBs who while not great are quite good and reliable. 

But instead we kept Rojo and Jones. Cause Mourinho is a <deleted> idiot.

Ole on Brandon Williams: "Brandon is a quick full-back who can play both sides. It's the first time he's travelled with us and he didn't expect to come. But that's why you're in the Academy — we believe in you and suddenly you can step up

Archived