The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Who is Chong?

Tatih Chong is a winger who is one of our youngsters... you can spot him easily by the Fellaini type mess on his head. Ethnically he comes from the Dutch islands in the Caribbean, so the same production line as Seedorf, Davids, Kluivert etc.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Tatih Chong is a winger who is one of our youngsters... you can spot him easily by the Fellaini type mess on his head. Ethnically he comes from the Dutch islands in the Caribbean, so the same production line as Seedorf, Davids, Kluivert etc.....

Curacao his nationality as well as Dutch United got him from 

Feyenoord on a free 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has drafted in youngsters Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes and James Garner to Man United squad amid injury crisis... but who are the three academy graduates?

Man United have been hit with an injury crisis with 10 players currently out

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will likely include three young players for Palace trip

Big-haired Tahith Chong made first-team debut in the FA Cup against Reading

Academy starlet Angel Gomes has already made a handful of appearances

The 17-year-old James Garner is yet to make his first-team debut

isis... but who are the three academy graduates?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6746585/Profile-Man-United-youngsters-Tahith-Chong-Angel-Gomes-James-Garner.html

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has drafted in youngsters Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes and James Garner to Man United squad amid injury crisis... but who are the three academy graduates?

Man United have been hit with an injury crisis with 10 players currently out

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will likely include three young players for Palace trip

Big-haired Tahith Chong made first-team debut in the FA Cup against Reading

Academy starlet Angel Gomes has already made a handful of appearances

The 17-year-old James Garner is yet to make his first-team debut

isis... but who are the three academy graduates?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6746585/Profile-Man-United-youngsters-Tahith-Chong-Angel-Gomes-James-Garner.html

It's a shame Greenwood is injured to be honest. He has impressed me the most and physically looks ready to make a step up. 

• Like 1

Going to be a tough test tonight with as many as 8 players unavailable.

Made even tougher seeing Zaha on their team sheet when he should never have been sold and a front line of Martial Rashford and Zaha would have taken us through a few seasons.United paid 16m for Zaha and sold him for 3m now he would be 30-40m to buy.

For those that haven't seen Chong go to you tube or the clubs web site for videos.

Chong is very talented but physically has a very light frame,could possibly be bullied but he will not be overawed,if he plays, seems a very confident young man 

Greenwood is IMO  at a far better stage in his career loads of talent, physically stronger and a goal machine before the inevitable injury all young players seem to suffer coming through.

If they can show the same courage as they did against Liverpool in with a chance CP are on a hot streak.

I'm still choking on Klopp's assessment last Sunday that "the injuries upset Liverpool's rythym, what about United's " OT always a hard place to come,isn't every away game a hard place to go even Wigan on a wet ,windy night ?

Never seen in 50 years 3 players replaced in the first 45 all with the same injury. Every United player lifted and MOM Shaw threw a blanket over a certain goal machine so much so he had to be subbed.

Lindelof was excellent, as was Smalling, who if he had thrown his body at that last minute cross putting it into the net would have been elevated to legend level.

Players are giving their all for OGS  to get him appointed lets hope Sanchez and Lukaku have that in mind when they lead the line tonight

Glad to see Fred get a run tonight.Theres things about him I like mainly his pace and enthusiam that may prove in the long run he can adapt to the English game and justify his price tag. Surely Dalot will play RB and Young as a wing back not the way the team list came out.Rashford on the bench, obviously not fully fit

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Glad to see Fred get a run tonight.Theres things about him I like mainly his pace and enthusiam that may prove in the long run he can adapt to the English game and justify his price tag. Surely Dalot will play RB and Young as a wing back not the way the team list came out.Rashford on the bench, obviously not fully fit

I'm prepared to be wrong but I've got a sneaky feeling that Dalot will play right wing. Ole has brought him on in that position before. He has serious pace.

Might catch the first half before I sleep!

Tough test this one even if we had a full selection to pick from Ole will have earned his stripes if he can come up with a win here.

This game Sanchez and Lukaku will have to put in a shift and prove they are worthy of being kept on next season.

I am going for a 1-1 draw but hoping we can get the win.

7 minutes ago, nev said:

Tough test this one even if we had a full selection to pick from Ole will have earned his stripes if he can come up with a win here.

This game Sanchez and Lukaku will have to put in a shift and prove they are worthy of being kept on next season.

I am going for a 1-1 draw but hoping we can get the win.

Yeah this is massive for those 2 players.... But I've actually got more faith in them (as proven PL performers) than I have Fred. This could be sink or swim for the lad.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah this is massive for those 2 players.... But I've actually got more faith in them (as proven PL performers) than I have Fred. This could be sink or swim for the lad.

Fred didn't do his chances any good in that game gave the ball away a lot first half improved a bit in the 2nd, A good win and two well taken goals by Lukaku and Young finish his off well too.

• Like 1

Manchester United player ratings: Luke Shaw and Romelu Lukaku brilliant vs Crystal Palace

Man Utd set a club record by winning their eighth successive away fixture vs Crystal Palace where Romelu Lukaku and Ashley Young scored in a 3-1 win.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-player-ratings-crystalpalace-15897775

I reckon Hugo Sanchez would be a better player right now than Alexis. And he must be in his mid to late 50s.

Edited by ChipButty

Really good 3 points. We looked good until they scored, then it was about 15 minutes of what looked like panic in the back. Got through it though, so kudos to all. Fred needs more game time, he was OK in the second after a shaky first. McTominay had a fine match, and showed an nasty side to him that I haven't seen before. Good lad, keep it going. Their goal was mostly due to Pogba  getting skinned, but other than that I thought he had a decent game. His defensive work is getting better and better. Smalling and Lindelof combination is starting to look like a decent partnership, both were good again today. Sanchez? Not working out is it? Lukaku, striker's goals today, maybe that'll give him confidence. Still awful trying to hold onto the ball though. 4th place? Be tough as closest rivals for that are winning too, but Spurs may be in touching distance  soon if they continue their poor play, we just need to keep winning. Maybe Spurs will  do us a favour on the weekend by beating Arsenal assuming we beat Southampton.

So City got lucky tonight with a penalty while Liverpool scored 5. 

City have never won a 2nd Premiership and Liverpool haven't won a title since 1932. 

Gonna be fun watching these amateurs <deleted> about for the rest of the season. The fannies

Good night of football that with all the top teams winning apart from the perennial bottlers. I reckon we can now say that the battle for 4th is now a battle for 3rd and 4th. Cos, well, it's Spurs. 

10 players out injured for United, but Solskjaer's at the wheel and we were a class above. Well chuffed.

Merseyside and Nowf Landan derbies this weekend.

Gonna be pwopah fackin nawty!

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Good night of football that with all the top teams winning apart from the perennial bottlers. I reckon we can now say that the battle for 4th is now a battle for 3rd and 4th. Cos, well, it's Spurs. 

10 players out injured for United, but Solskjaer's at the wheel and we were a class above. Well chuffed.

Merseyside and Nowf Landan derbies this weekend.

Gonna be pwopah fackin nawty!

All to play for in the top 6. I would say 3rd place is still up for grabs. 

Great result for your boys. That’s was a def banana skin, Palace are a good home side. The momentum is with all the teams bar Spurs. 

Makes great viewing as a neutral. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

All to play for in the top 6. I would say 3rd place is still up for grabs. 

Great result for your boys. That’s was a def banana skin, Palace are a good home side. The momentum is with all the teams bar Spurs. 

Makes great viewing as a neutral. 

I think Ole was thinking the same 4 wins and 2 draws in the last 6 games

Edited by ChipButty

Lets see what the Daily Manc has to say

The day the Premier League title race became a two-horse race: Tottenham subside at Chelsea while Liverpool return to form in style as Manchester City squeeze past West Ham at home

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6753891/Premier-League-title-race-two-horse-race-Spurs-loss.html

Edited by ChipButty