The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

37 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

giphy.gif

I certainly don't stick up for what Mendy has been accused of, if that's what your implying. If he's guilty throw the book at him.

You and Wilai seem to think it's ok your players spitting gum from the box and running around with flares.

16 hours ago, wilai said:

Some truly heinous crimes committed by our lads in their celebrations. Those intrepid investigators at the Daily Fail strike again1????

The Fail are just reporting on the actions your club did to Tsimikas and what the FA have done to Elliot.

All these crazy celebrations for what was a Mickey Mouse Cup when we won it but now it's massive cup ???? ???? ????

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Beginning to sound as bitter as your neighbours MrBJ????

Of course it is still known as the Mickey Mouse Cup, but all cups are welcome (even in our overflowing Trophy Room)????

Not sure how you are concluding bitterness out of what i said bud. Merely pointing out that when we were winning it everyone was saying it was mickey mouse but now it seems to be a major trophy all of a sudden. Well done on winning it. Let's hope that's your lot for this season ????

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not sure how you are concluding bitterness out of what i said bud. Merely pointing out that when we were winning it everyone was saying it was mickey mouse but now it seems to be a major trophy all of a sudden.

History lesson for ya bud!????

"The Carabao Cup was first referred to as Mickey Mouse Cup by fans of Manchester United as a way of disparaging their rivals Liverpool's success in the League Cup."

They were bitter then and now you are saying the same as they did. 

13 minutes ago, wilai said:

History lesson for ya bud!????

"The Carabao Cup was first referred to as Mickey Mouse Cup by fans of Manchester United as a way of disparaging their rivals Liverpool's success in the League Cup."

They were bitter then and now you are saying the same as they did. 

@mrbojangles never underestimate the amount of time Wilai has to look stuff up on Google

Quite proud of the fact we coined that term. Like many of our songs which get ripped off by other fans

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

never underestimate the amount of time Wilai has to look stuff up on Google

Always comes in handy for confirming what you already believe to be the case????

Great to see the Manchester lads on the same team for once????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

All these crazy celebrations for what was a Mickey Mouse Cup when we won it but now it's massive cup ???? ???? ????

Did sound like that reading your initial mention of it.????

41 minutes ago, wilai said:

<19 Euro Youth League game tonight.

On BT Sport now. Playing Genk, the team that k/o'd Chelsea 5-1. Another Belgian youth team (Brugge) beat City 5-3  so this will be no easy game.

6 hours ago, wilai said:

Did sound like that reading your initial mention of it.????

I was saying everyone was calling it a Mickey Mouse Cup when we were winning it and now all of a sudden it isn't. I certainly wouldn't be calling it that seeing as we've won so many times lately. ????

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I was saying everyone was calling it a Mickey Mouse Cup when we were winning it and now all of a sudden it isn't.

I didn't know it had stopped being called that tbh. Many LFC fans still use the term (fondly)???? and we have won it more than anybody.

12 hours ago, wilai said:

On BT Sport now. Playing Genk, the team that k/o'd Chelsea 5-1. Another Belgian youth team (Brugge) beat City 5-3  so this will be no easy game.

Won 4-3 n pens to get thru to the last 8. Two great saves from Harvey Davies made it possible after a tight 1-1 draw after 90 mins. Cannonier (TAA's ball boy mate) with our goal. Juventus away in next round.

• Thanks 1

A largely second string side saw off Norwich 2-1 with a minimum of fuss. Minamino, who looked bright throughout, scored both goals and he was ably supported by both young and old; Jones (before his injury) and Milner being the other standouts. Game management was a bit off during last 15 mins but Alisson saw that no damage was done.

Our progression means that the Man U game scheduled for 20th March will be re-arranged.

• Like 1

A hard fought 1-0 victory to keep the pressure on Citeh. West Ham played their part in an entertaining game and Antonio seemed back to his best in the first half with his pace and strength. For us, Diaz again showed his range of abilities and was unlucky not to be on the scoresheet. MoM for me. TAA also did well at both ends of the pitch (even if his assist was slightly fortuitous). Mane worked hard and it was good to see him get a poacher's goal playing at No9,

Salah had a disappointing game, too often trying to do things himself whilst surrounded by three and sometimes 4 players, Alisson dealt with their physical approach at set pieces vey well and looked comfortable throughout. Three more points and no obvious injuries that I noticed. That will do nicely.????

• Like 1