The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

11 hours ago, wilai said:

and I'm sure Mr BJ will pay testament to his dribbling/finishing abilities. 

He scored in the first game against us and from what I saw, yeah he can dribble but I thought his biggest attribute and what stood out the most was his determination to win the ball back. Made it difficult for us to do our possession style. But it's difficult to give a full appraisal as in both games he didn't play a full game. Off early in the second half of the first game and came on late in the second game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Signing a player from the Portuguese League can go either way. There is a massive quality gap.

But then look at someone like Werner who was proven in one of the top leagues.

The truth is we don't know.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

He scored in the first game against us and from what I saw, yeah he can dribble but I thought his biggest attribute and what stood out the most was his determination to win the ball back. Made it difficult for us to do our possession style. But it's difficult to give a full appraisal as in both games he didn't play a full game. Off early in the second half of the first game and came on late in the second game.

Haha, he's a <deleted>in baller lads!!  Talk him down all you like, a bit of time with Jurgen and he'll be lighting the league up! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Haha, he's a <deleted>in baller lads!!  Talk him down all you like, a bit of time with Jurgen and he'll be lighting the league up! 

'He's a baller' LOL ... did you wake up 30 years younger today?

Congrats!

• Haha 2

I saw Colombia v Peru last night and Diaz did not stand out. He hung onto the ball too much and was quite easily disposessed a few times. Colombia have now gone 6 WC qualifiers without scoring a goal, which is not entirely down to him but he is part of a disfunctional unit.

Colombia played a basic 4 4 2 last night with strong support from overlapping full backs. Diaz was on the left wing and moved infield when the FB overlapped.

Peru won 1-0 down to a howler from goalie Ospina. First shot for them after 80 minutes.

3 hours ago, champers said:

I saw Colombia v Peru last night and Diaz did not stand out. He hung onto the ball too much and was quite easily disposessed a few times. Colombia have now gone 6 WC qualifiers without scoring a goal, which is not entirely down to him but he is part of a disfunctional unit.

Colombia played a basic 4 4 2 last night with strong support from overlapping full backs. Diaz was on the left wing and moved infield when the FB overlapped.

Peru won 1-0 down to a howler from goalie Ospina. First shot for them after 80 minutes.

Won the golden boot along side Messi at Copa America 

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

Gets his share of headed goals as well, mainly at the end of runs from the left....another target for TAA to aim for?

He must have had an off day last night. I didn't see anything at all to suggest he would be a fit in the PL.

4 hours ago, champers said:

Talk about a goal against the run of play! Peru was playing for a 0-0 draw and took all three points. Horrible from Ospina. Colombia has Diaz, James, Falcao and Cuadrado and can't score a goal. Something is amiss.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Talk about a goal against the run of play! Peru was playing for a 0-0 draw and took all three points. Horrible from Ospina. Colombia has Diaz, James, Falcao and Cuadrado and can't score a goal. Something is amiss.

Yep....on the crest of a slump at the moment.????

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

"yeah good dribbler, but best attribute was enthusiasm" 

No. I said "He scored in the first game against us and from what I saw, yeah he can dribble but I thought his biggest attribute and what stood out the most was his determination to win the ball back."

I also added "But it's difficult to give a full appraisal as in both games he didn't play a full game.

That's not talking him down

On 1/31/2022 at 8:38 AM, wilai said:

Looks like we've put in a 5m bid for Fulham's Carvalho. He can remain with the cottagers till the end of the season. I think a few others will be interested so not a done deal as yet.

Didn't get that one through in time as loan back details could not be sorted before the deadline. We can always try again when his contract runs down at the end of the season if we decide.

He passed a medical and a fee was agreed. But the EFL rules meant a Deal Sheet (which normally gives more time to resolve administrative issues) could not be used on this occasion so transfer could not be completed in time 

Edited by wilai
update

Nat Phillips has joined Bournemouth on loan. Fee was 1.5m for the rest of the season plus addons if they get promotion. Neco Williams has also been loaned to Fulham. Again till the end of the season. No fee mentioned initially.

6 hours ago, wilai said:

He passed a medical and a fee was agreed. But the EFL rules meant a Deal Sheet (which normally gives more time to resolve administrative issues) could not be used on this occasion so transfer could not be completed in time 

I wonder why it was rejected (Deal Sheet). 

You'd have to think they just could do the deal now as agreed yesterday and just forward date the deal to the end of the season. I hope they'll announce him first day of the summer window. 

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I wonder why it was rejected (Deal Sheet). 

You'd have to think they just could do the deal now as agreed yesterday and just forward date the deal to the end of the season. I hope they'll announce him first day of the summer window. 

Allegedly it was the EFL who wouldn't allow a 'Deal Sheet' to be submitted for the loan back part of the signing.  Whether a deal sheet went in on time is another issue. If not before 11pm then it couldn't be used anyway.

The likes of BVB and other clubs may try for him so nothing is guaranteed till he's leaning on the Academy wall!????

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rott said:

Liverpool and ManU have a match arranged in Bangkok on the 12th of July.? 

Nothing official as yet mate. Seems to have been 'leaked'  by a Thai writer on Facebook. Allegedly an agreement with all parties is to be signed this week. 

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Nothing official as yet mate. Seems to have been 'leaked'  by a Thai writer on Facebook. Allegedly an agreement with all parties is to be signed this week. 

I think I'd consider going to that if I'm here. Obviously would be a friendly with about 20 substitutions, but also a massive event and I'm sure would be a packed house. 

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think I'd consider going to that if I'm here. Obviously would be a friendly with about 20 substitutions, but also a massive event and I'm sure would be a packed house. 

It's out at Ramkamheng (spelling), plus I may have a prior engagement that day.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2022 at 8:31 AM, wilai said:

Both lads thru' to AfCoN semis. Mo scored and assisted in Egypt's 2-1 win over Morocco and Sadio had an assist and (another) MoM in Senegal's 3-1 victory over Equatorial Guinea. Well done lads.????

Mane scored one, assisted another and was MoM yet again as Senegal reached the final beating Burkina Faso 3-1. Mo plays against tournament hosts Cameroon tonight in the other semi.