The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Won a match have you?.......

Sorry to jump in here BUT we actually won a match the other night, much to my surprise.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

They still seem a bit deluded on what it takes to win back to back titles in the modern era though.

Ease up on our Bin Dipping, Shell suit wearing friends - It cant be easy waiting 30 years for the title & then finally winning it when there was noone there to actually see it.

Hats off to the Covid Pandemic Champions ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

I know.....explains the new found cockyness. Welcome to the footy forum. The more Manure ITK's/Moaners the better????

No Cockyness from me brother - I have been about far too long - Old School Cockney Red - Been Everywhere with United since 1977 - Appreciate the welcome though ????

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Excuse my ignorance, but whats a "Wool" ?

Short version of 'Woolyback' Scouse slang for a supporter from outside the City. Early definition below

Historically, the term Woolyback referred to a person who was from out of town, and worked in the Liverpool docks as scab labour. ..

• Like 1

Well, we still like to do things the hard way! Although we dominated a disappointing first hour, some heroic defending from Norwich CB's kept us at bay, our best chances falling to defenders. We certainly missed TAA's delivery and I've no idea why AOC was on so many set pieces.  Norwich fluked a goal and we suddenly looked in a bit of trouble.

Cue Thiago! He improves the midfield immeasurably and soon we lay siege to Norwich's goal. The game turned in minutes. Firstly (and after years of trying), Sadio connected with an overhead volley and it was 1-1. Within two minutes it was 2-1. Mo controlled an accurate long ball from Alisson and coolly sent the keeper and two defenders home in a taxi as he slowly rolled the ball into the corner of the net. Finally, a lovely through ball from Hendo gave Diaz the chance to show his ability, calmly dinking one over the keeper....3-1. and Game Over!????

Finally, a big thank you to Harry Kane for his Etihad exploits????

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Kin hell you're not accepting an Oscar. Reading that was as hard as watching the game.

Yep....reading about and watching our wins must be difficult for you.....should be used to it by now though????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Yep....reading about and watching our wins must be difficult for you.....should be used to it by now though????

Absolutely. I wasn't even being sarcastic. I don't like seeing you and City ping the ball about like you actually know what you're doing.

But, in Ralf we trust....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

.........until the next interim interim,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the next interim interim..........................

Barking up the wrong tree there. Nothing wrong with an interim if there's nobody available that fits the bill. Anyway, interim or not, Ralf has improved us in a few aspects. You might say that just illustrates how bad Ole was, but still

After another slowish start, the Reds overwhelmed an unimpressive Leeds by 6-0. Two each from Mo and Sadio, an excellent VVD header and an overdue Matip effort following one of his frequent forays saw us home with ease. Diaz terrified the Leeds defence again and was unfortunate not to be on the scoresheet himself. MoM for me was Mo.

No sign of young Elliott and didn't hear of an injury so could he be getting a start in the LCF Sunday?

8 hours ago, wilai said:

After another slowish start, the Reds overwhelmed an unimpressive Leeds by 6-0. Two each from Mo and Sadio, an excellent VVD header and an overdue Matip effort following one of his frequent forays saw us home with ease. Diaz terrified the Leeds defence again and was unfortunate not to be on the scoresheet himself. MoM for me was Mo.

No sign of young Elliott and didn't hear of an injury so could he be getting a start in the LCF Sunday?

Fab, Thiago, Hendo Sunday, Elliot off the bench

• Like 1

Nice to wake up Sunday morning and getting pumped for a cup final match.

Didn't think I'd be that arsed but it would definitely be nice to win it due to the fact it pulls a record back from City and it puts another trophy between us and United. Also Klopp hasn't won a domestic trophy. 

I think we go with the following line-up.....

Kelleher

Trent

Konate

Virg

Robbo

Fab

Thiago

Hendo

Diaz

Mane (No.9)

Salah

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Nice to wake up Sunday morning and getting pumped for a cup final match.

Didn't think I'd be that arsed but it would definitely be nice to win it due to the fact it pulls a record back from City and it puts another trophy between us and United. Also Klopp hasn't won a domestic trophy. 

I think we go with the following line-up.....

Kelleher

Trent

Konate

Virg

Robbo

Fab

Thiago

Hendo

Diaz

Mane (No.9)

Salah

Jota for Diaz if fit, with mane moving back to the left. Would expect to see Elliot and Diaz at some point. 3-1 Liverpool

• Like 1

Given the extra time and pens on Sunday, I expect a few to be rested on Wednesday night in the FA Cup. Doubt Kelleher will keep his place even though he has been the 'Cup Keeper' all season and the likes of VVD, Robbo, and maybe even Salah and Diaz may be given a break. Norwich are still a Premiership side though and we can't afford to take them too lightly.

Thiago's injury already rules him out.

Edited by wilai
update
  • Like 1

REVEALED: Liverpool have had to 'remind Kostas Tsimikas of his responsibilities' after disgusted fans spotted him SPITTING GUM into the stands below Wembley's Royal Box after beating Chelsea

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10560099/Disgusted-fans-accuse-Liverpool-defender-Kostas-Tsimikas-SPITTING-stands.html

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

REVEALED: Liverpool have had to 'remind Kostas Tsimikas of his responsibilities' after disgusted fans spotted him SPITTING GUM into the stands below Wembley's Royal Box after beating Chelsea

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10560099/Disgusted-fans-accuse-Liverpool-defender-Kostas-Tsimikas-SPITTING-stands.html

Probably didn't like the taste when mixed with champagne????

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

FA write to Harvey Elliott after young midfielder was spotted celebrating with a red smoke bomb thrown on to the Wembley pitch after Carabao Cup final victory

Screenshot_20220301-194451_Facebook.jpg.f687afcb8663b8d37d49893b7f0c77ae.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10560499/FA-write-Elliott-observations-spotted-celebrating-red-flare.html

giphy.gif

• Haha 1