Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Spurs looked really lacking in a couple of areas. Need a top class striker like Rashford. Also need a midfield general like a Pogba.

Pochettino did himself no favours, may find himself replaced in the summer. Rumours that Spurs are trying to sign Solskjar.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Put that defeat down to another error by Tripps and our finishing not being as clinical as it has been lately, one pleasing aspect was how easy we broke down their packed defence !

Wasn't our day...could easily have scored four in the second half against another keeper!

Edited by smokie36

33 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Wasn't our day...could easily have scored four in the second half against another keeper!

Like Ole said, he could have held onto a few of them, and the fact he stopped them with his feet made them look more like 'worldies'. A few you would back most keepers to save.

The worrying thing for you lot is that we gave a demonstration in how to cut you open. There was about 4km in between your centre backs and your full backs. Expect more teams to go down those channels now. 

42 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Like Ole said, he could have held onto a few of them, and the fact he stopped them with his feet made them look more like 'worldies'. A few you would back most keepers to save.

The worrying thing for you lot is that we gave a demonstration in how to cut you open. There was about 4km in between your centre backs and your full backs. Expect more teams to go down those channels now. 

Demonstration in how to cut you open ! how many times and how many chances did you have from it ? in fact even for the goal you hardly cut us open, it was more our full back gave the ball away, the the opposite full back was high up the pitch because we was in possession so i think it was more of a case of cutting our self open.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

how many times 

There were plenty of lofted through balls through those channels that nearly put us through. Ignorance is bliss ey? Well you have a good enough manager not to ignore it. And also you won't be facing strikers with our pace every week.

And by the way, I hope Lindelof didn't put his shorts straight in the wash after the game. Otherwise Captain Kane could have got very wet indeed! 

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

There were plenty of lofted through balls through those channels that nearly put us through. Ignorance is bliss ey? Well you have a good enough manager not to ignore it. And also you won't be facing strikers with our pace every week.

And by the way, I hope Lindelof didn't put his shorts straight in the wash after the game. Otherwise Captain Kane could have got very wet indeed! 

How many is plenty ? 1-3 4-6 7-9     

If your implying that Lindelof had Kane in his pocket then that explains that you was watching a different game.

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

If your implying that Lindelof had Kane in his pocket then that explains that you was watching a different game.

I'm not in the business of writing essay-length replies splitting hairs, but as @Bredbury Blue rightly pointed out, when you watch your own team live there is a tendency to concentrate on your players, rather than what the opposition is doing. There were plenty of times when Lindelof perfectly anticipated the runs of Kane, and snuffed him out altogether. In some cases a tackle wasn't even needed. All in the positioning. 

And as for this ridiculous 'if it wasn't for the keeper' argument. If it wasn't for Mbappe France wouldn't have won the World Cup. If it wasn't for Ronaldo, Real Madrid wouldn't have won three consecutive Champions Leagues. Yes, we have a good keeper. One that we took a chance on when he was very young, and stuck with him through a very rocky first season. That's the end of it. We are allowed to have a good keeper.

And a final thought for Harry Kane. He's a decent player is Kane. But there looks to be a good chance he will go through his career without winning anything of note. Maybe we can set up some counselling sessions for him with Matt Le Tissier. 

It's just not good enough to lose 2 games at "home" against Wolves and United.  Let's focus on top 4 , now with new injury concerns that's all we can hope for.  

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

And a final thought for Harry Kane. He's a decent player is Kane. But there looks to be a good chance he will go through his career without winning anything of note. Maybe we can set up some counselling sessions for him with Matt Le Tissier. 

Or arrange a transfer for him to United.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We'll be happy to give him an economy class train ticket to Manchester just pop £300m quid in baldy's bank account and he's yours.

Deal done! Spurs owners could never resist selling the club down the river for a few shekels.

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'm not in the business of writing essay-length replies splitting hairs, but as @Bredbury Blue rightly pointed out, when you watch your own team live there is a tendency to concentrate on your players, rather than what the opposition is doing. There were plenty of times when Lindelof perfectly anticipated the runs of Kane, and snuffed him out altogether. In some cases a tackle wasn't even needed. All in the positioning. 

And as for this ridiculous 'if it wasn't for the keeper' argument. If it wasn't for Mbappe France wouldn't have won the World Cup. If it wasn't for Ronaldo, Real Madrid wouldn't have won three consecutive Champions Leagues. Yes, we have a good keeper. One that we took a chance on when he was very young, and stuck with him through a very rocky first season. That's the end of it. We are allowed to have a good keeper.

I'm not in the business of writing essay-length replies splitting hairs,

No one is asking you too, you said 

There were plenty of lofted through balls through those channels that nearly put us through

So i asked you a simple question that you seem to be struggling with 

And as for this ridiculous 'if it wasn't for the keeper' argument.

Where have i even mentioned your GK ?

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

rightly pointed out, when you watch your own team live there is a tendency to concentrate on your players,

Well that certainly applies to your self watching Kane according to these stats

Kanes stats 7 shots, 4 on target, 3 key passes, 28 passes, he was snuffed out but but managed these stats ????

Martial stats 2 shots, 1 on target, 2 key passes, 25 passes

Rashford stats 3 shots, 1 on target, 0 key passes, 16 passes.

Edited by alfieconn

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I can't be arsed watching the game back and counting. There were several. 

so you say 

The worrying thing for you lot is that we gave a demonstration in how to cut you open.

But you don't actually know how many, ok fine.

Edited by alfieconn

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Put that defeat down to another error by Tripps and our finishing not being as clinical as it has been lately, one pleasing aspect was how easy we broke down their packed defence !

Give credit where it's  due - and I'm  a biased City fan - that was a cracking goal! Trippier gave the ball away 55-60m from goal; ManU had it all to do from that position and executed it very well.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Give credit where it's  due - and I'm  a biased City fan - that was a cracking goal! Trippier gave the ball away 55-60m from goal; ManU had it all to do from that position and executed it very well.

Where have i said it wasn't a good goal ? the crux of it is that if Tripp doesn't give the ball away then there is no goal.

Just now, alfieconn said:

Kanes stats 7 shots, 4 on target, 3 key passes, 28 passes, he was snuffed out but but managed these stats ????

Martial stats 2 shots, 1 on target, 2 key passes, 25 passes

Rashford stats 3 shots, 1 on target, 0 key passes, 16 passes.

Trust you to be the kind of guy to bring up these meaningless stats. I feel a little lame bringing this up but I have worked for one of these stat companies... 7 shots, or even four on target, is not a meaningful statistic. I believe most keepers would have saved all but 2 or 3 that DDG did last night. 

On the other hand, key passes is more meaningful... and I'm sure our key passes etc were shared around more than yours, and that's fine, because we aren't a one man team. 

There were times in that game when yes, I felt that Lindelof had Kane in his pocket. Especially considering this is the 'big hope' of English football, coming up against a young guy who had largely been a squad player up until this season. I'm not saying he kept Kane 100% quiet (Jones was actually marking him some of the time), but it stood out to me. No statistics you can reel off will change that impression. 

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They were literally playing with two at the back when we hit them with some of those early through balls. Luckily they have 2 good CBs. Other teams should try and exploit it though. Especially teams with fast strikers such as Wolves, Newcastle etc... as well as the obvious ones. 

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Where have i said it wasn't a good goal ? the crux of it is that if Tripp doesn't give the ball away then there is no goal.

I neither said or implied that you said it wasn't a good goal. But you took away from the great goal with "Put that defeat down to another error by Tripps". That's rubbish! As i stated Trippiers error was miles from your goal with plenty  to do for ManU, but a brilliant pass from Poobear and a great finish turned a nothing turnover in to a great goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Trust you to be the kind of guy to bring up these meaningless stats. I feel a little lame bringing this up but I have worked for one of these stat companies... 7 shots, or even four on target, is not a meaningful statistic. I believe most keepers would have saved all but 2 or 3 that DDG did last night. 

On the other hand, key passes is more meaningful... and I'm sure our key passes etc were shared around more than yours, and that's fine, because we aren't a one man team. 

There were times in that game when yes, I felt that Lindelof had Kane in his pocket. Especially considering this is the 'big hope' of English football, coming up against a young guy who had largely been a squad player up until this season. I'm not saying he kept Kane 100% quiet (Jones was actually marking him some of the time), but it stood out to me. No statistics you can reel off will change that impression. 

You don't get it, who's talking about gk saving shots, the point is Kane got off 7 shots and was productive all game and was said to have a good game, all this with being in Lindelofs pocket.

On the other hand, key passes is more meaningful

So key passes is more meaningful that shots on target, yeah ok

and I'm sure our key passes etc were shared around more than yours,

fancy coming out with something like that when spurs had 61 % possession, and for your info key passes for spurs were 16 amongst 9 players, Utds were 9 amongst 5 players.

Mate, your just another bias Utd fan who sees a different game to anyone else, as for working for a stats company, so what, doesn't mean anything .

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I neither said or implied that you said it wasn't a good goal. But you took away from the great goal with "Put that defeat down to another error by Tripps". That's rubbish! As i stated Trippiers error was miles from your goal with plenty  to do for ManU, but a brilliant pass from Poobear and a great finish turned a nothing turnover in to a great goal.

Was my statement 

the crux of it is that if Tripp doesn't give the ball away then there is no goal.

correct or not ?

Edited by alfieconn

Just now, alfieconn said:

So key passes is more meaningful that shots on target, yeah ok

You really are a lost cause... the answer is yes. Because all those passes were judged to have been 'key', whereas the 7 shots could have sailed over the bar, gone wide, or the ones on target could have been straightforward saves. 

Mate, it's time for a reality check. You support Spurs. A team which has taken out a patent on falling short when it really matters. Last night was just another chapter in your long history of bottling it. 

You are a little like Spurs aren't you? Think you are clever arguing points down to the finest detail, but when you come up against someone willing to put the time into exposing you (i.e. @Bredbury Blue), you get your arse handed to you, and end up apologising. 

Your football team should look themselves in the mirror. You should look yourself in the mirror. Or actually, don't bother. Give up on football and life. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You really are a lost cause... the answer is yes. Because all those passes were judged to have been 'key', whereas the 7 shots could have sailed over the bar, gone wide, or the ones on target could have been straightforward saves. 

Mate, it's time for a reality check. You support Spurs. A team which has taken out a patent on falling short when it really matters. Last night was just another chapter in your long history of bottling it. 

You are a little like Spurs aren't you? Think you are clever arguing points down to the finest detail, but when you come up against someone willing to put the time into exposing you (i.e. @Bredbury Blue), you get your arse handed to you, and end up apologising. 

Your football team should look themselves in the mirror. You should look yourself in the mirror. Or actually, don't bother. Give up on football and life. 

whereas the 7 shots could have sailed over the bar, gone wide,

4 were on target you numpty

what like you saying  

and I'm sure our key passes etc were shared around more than yours

which is deemed to be totally incorrect, another Utd know all !

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It is a fair point, DeGea has let in 32 goals this season, which amounts to being <deleted> really, and some of those he let in were as bad as Lloris's attempt to save Rashford's goal yesterday, but yesterday he stepped up and won the game for you, he absolutely did. 

8 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Was my statement 

correct or not ?

I would say your statement was correct as was my comment "As i stated Trippiers error was miles from your goal with plenty  to do for ManU, but a brilliant pass from Poobear and a great finish turned a nothing turnover in to a great goal.". Happy now or you going to get the dictionary out again?

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I see you have a poor poker face and folded into a boring and inaccurate trolling rant....yes that's what I see.

6th place is where you are and where you belong....run along.