Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Pochettino has given us a long term verbal commitment.  Screw the cup losses, this is now a very very good week!!

It is also being reported that Harry Kane is returning earlier than expected, although how much earlier is unclear.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes plenty of encouraging news for us.

Forum seems quiet this morning though. :biggrin:

Yes, the Messiah is now human as United's frailties reappear, and what a proper bottle job by City.  Couldn't make this stuff up!! ????

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes, the Messiah is now human as United's frailties reappear, and what a proper bottle job by City.  Couldn't make this stuff up!! ????

Yep, one more bad result and they'll be calling for Poch again, a shame he's going nowhere ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

As I was saying why would you waste another 10mil on a forward when you got a class forward like Llorente in your squad. He just needed a bit of game time ???? 

I was convinced he was a Watford double agent until he scored the winner.

Great win for us. Losing with ten minutes to go but we kept going, didn't give up.  This was a game where we were under pressure to get a result and despite another Llorente horror show we did.  This part of the season is simply about getting points. Newcastle up next.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well that was an interesting turn around and now it starts to look as though Poch was well justified in his FA Cup selection.

What a funny old week!

Yes its turned itself round hasn't it!!  Poch commits to the club, three points last night and the chavs lost, so we now have a gap to defend our top four slot.

He says he omitted Eriksen from the squad last weekend because he was knackered.  Basically the FA cup was sacrificed for the bigger picture and yes, i think he was right too.

How on earth are we only two points behind City at this stage of the season?!!!!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, balo said:

That late goal was very important . Only 2 points behind City and 7 ahead of Chelsea, you can't ask for more.

Check out next weekends fixtures.  If we can beat Newcastle and other games go our way it could be a very big weekend in terms of top four qualification.  City versus the chavs is coming up after that and you'd have to fancy City despite last weekend choke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, balo said:

Only 2 points behind City and 7 ahead of Chelsea, you can't ask for more.

A few points ahead of Liverpool , a "home" game Verses Man city in the League cup final  and a place in the F.A cup fifth round ?

You really could ask for more , if you thought about it a bit harder and set your sights a bit higher 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A few points ahead of Liverpool , a "home" game Verses Man city in the League cup final  and a place in the F.A cup fifth round ?

You really could ask for more , if you thought about it a bit harder and set your sights a bit higher 

What?  It's a Spurs supporter giving what he considers a realistic take on our season.

Typical chav supporter still suffering from the "small club owned by a sugar daddy syndrome."  Just because a dodgy oligarch throws millions at you to buy some silverware doesn't make you a big club and it never will. Theres a bit more reality for you!!  ????

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, carmine said:

a dodgy oligarch

Whereas the Spurs owner is a completely wholesome businessman....

"Lewis moved into currency trading in the 1980s and 1990s, resulting in his move to the Bahamas where he is now a tax exile.[4] In September 1992, Lewis teamed up with George Soros to bet on the pound crashing out of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Whereas the Spurs owner is a completely wholesome businessman....

"Lewis moved into currency trading in the 1980s and 1990s, resulting in his move to the Bahamas where he is now a tax exile.[4] In September 1992, Lewis teamed up with George Soros to bet on the pound crashing out of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism

Whats he guilty of?  

Tuf game against a reasonably well drilled team that was set up to defend and hit on the  break  Yet ANOTHER game we had to dig deep this'll do wonders for moral however with no's restricted could be argued it  Aint doing our 'battery' any good.. but hey BIG 3 points    thought winks had a good game pulled the strings more so than erickson who 2 me  is looking a touch jaded  . Aurier was poor and was pleased to see him subbed early.. ish. Llorente .. well bottom line his power to rid himself of the defender and 'text book'headerw won us the game..  after virtually no starts for a year its a BIG ask to hold the line for a top 4 club and at 33 it aint gonna b plain sailin. But he never hid showed some good strength in his hold up play and some nice 1 st touches.. needs to work on his partnership with son.. but theyre both good/bright  enuf so  they WILL work it out.. i'm optimistic regarding llorente he's decent and as long as we play to his strengths ie get him and the ball into the box.. he'll make a nuisance  of himself with his more than decent first touch, heading abilty  and power he's regularly getting into the scorin positions. so goal wise with a little time and patience   imo he'll get us a decent return.  next game is another tuffie.. midday ko at <deleted> newcastle!!  So, i presume rest tomoro travel friday  and prepare  sat am.. it aint a.nywhere near ideal and the tv people should seriousely look at themselves .. careless sheduling can cause tiredness and peoples careers are on the line...from my converse's with them footballers they DONT like early sat starts it f... cs their rythm and sleep pattern up.. anyways i suspect this is another game we'll have to 'dig deep but as forever ...' c o y spurs !!!!

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well that was an interesting turn around and now it starts to look as though Poch was well justified in his FA Cup selection.

What a funny old week!

To be fair Ronny, even before the results of the last few day's i thought we had enough of a buffer to not have to worry too much about last nights game that's why i didn't see a problem with playing a stronger team at Palace (hence why i was angry), even if it meant not taking 3 points last night.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

What?  It's a Spurs supporter giving what he considers a realistic take on our season.

Typical chav supporter still suffering from the "small club owned by a sugar daddy syndrome."  Just because a dodgy oligarch throws millions at you to buy some silverware doesn't make you a big club and it never will. Theres a bit more reality for you!!  ????

Yes, if you are going by how many letters in a clubs name , Tottenham hotspur are a huge club , biggest , longest name in London

Trophies and supporters , less than 30 000 at the last home game , not such a big Club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair Ronny, even before the results of the last few day's i thought we had enough of a buffer to not have to worry too much about last nights game that's why i didn't see a problem with playing a stronger team at Palace (hence why i was angry), even if it meant not taking 3 points last night.

I suspect whilst most of us would not consider ourselves in the title race that's high on Poch's radar.

Win every league game and see will be his belief.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, if you are going by how many letters in a clubs name , Tottenham hotspur are a huge club , biggest , longest name in London

Trophies and supporters , less than 30 000 at the last home game , not such a big Club 

Yes a day before January pay day and sub zero temperatures with an 8pm kick off.

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I really think Chavs and City fans should just keep their conversations to each other, you know the one, how you were nothing before a super rich person came along and paid for you to win trophies.  

And your club really should do something about your fans and the racism thing. Its really quite appalling and seems to be a regular feature wherever you play.

Edited by carmine