Active TVF Members, or Lack Of?

GinBoy2

It does look like a drop off but it could also be a lot of threads before restarted due to issues with long serving threads. You will not get notifications of new posts and your notifications will be less and that makes it look like a downturn.

It does appear many have flew the coop though just from looking at a lot of previously popular threads such as POTY and the pub section has just been destroyed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

It does look like a drop off but it could also be a lot of threads before restarted due to issues with long serving threads. You will not get notifications of new posts and your notifications will be less and that makes it look like a downturn.

It does appear many have flew the coop though just from looking at a lot of previously popular threads such as POTY and the pub section has just been destroyed.

Yeah, it just doesn't seem as much fun as it used to be with a lot of the old long ter posters, POTY etc type stuff 

There was always the bitchin and sniping, but that could be balanced against some of the other fun stuff.

That's what seems to have gone, sadly!

Edited by GinBoy2

There was a time back during the coup when there were a hard core, of what I still believe were shills, who basically attacked anything, and anyone they could conceive of as being anti junta. They seem to have vanished for the most part, probably because they were shills!

The apologists still reside on mass, reacting with vitriol to anything that they perceive to be anti Thai.
I actually feel sorry for them, since I personally think they are hiding rather deeper issues...a bit like the closet Gay who goes Gay Bashing!

But what I lament however is the apparent loss of the more middle of the road posters. The long stayers who recognized Thailand for what it is, still liked living in Thailand though, who could actually have fairly reasoned comment, based on their having lived in Thailand a long time.

I fear they are the ones who have either exited Thailand and never, for whatever reason, want to comment again, or have found another, perhaps more welcoming forum to frequent.

For transparency, I did tire of they place, and went home, with my Thai wife. Now I enjoy my vacations at our house in Thailand, but I still retain an interest in the place and the fate of the people, through its various travails
Like closet gays? What the.... F.... Are you talking about?
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I log in maybe once or twice a week now, just to see if there has been an election yet !!!

Actually I just got bored with the whole forum set up and content...

It's still worth a browse but only an occasional comment.

I think you are possibly part of the TVF demographic that I think has gone AWOL. 

It's sorta lost a lot of the fun, and your demographic along with what I think is an erosion of the overall expat community, it's death by a thousand cuts!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madmen said:
On 12/11/2018 at 5:48 AM, GinBoy2 said:
There was a time back during the coup when there were a hard core, of what I still believe were shills, who basically attacked anything, and anyone they could conceive of as being anti junta. They seem to have vanished for the most part, probably because they were shills!

The apologists still reside on mass, reacting with vitriol to anything that they perceive to be anti Thai.
I actually feel sorry for them, since I personally think they are hiding rather deeper issues...a bit like the closet Gay who goes Gay Bashing!

But what I lament however is the apparent loss of the more middle of the road posters. The long stayers who recognized Thailand for what it is, still liked living in Thailand though, who could actually have fairly reasoned comment, based on their having lived in Thailand a long time.

I fear they are the ones who have either exited Thailand and never, for whatever reason, want to comment again, or have found another, perhaps more welcoming forum to frequent.

For transparency, I did tire of they place, and went home, with my Thai wife. Now I enjoy my vacations at our house in Thailand, but I still retain an interest in the place and the fate of the people, through its various travails

Like closet gays? What the.... F.... Are you talking about?

I think he means the Thai apologists are in reality closet Thais .......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/14/2018 at 3:06 AM, cornishcarlos said:

I log in maybe once or twice a week now, just to see if there has been an election yet !!!

Actually I just got bored with the whole forum set up and content...

It's still worth a browse but only an occasional comment.

That's the truth. Well said

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, starky said:

Let's be honest since it changed hands the whole forum has dropped off substantially. Much stricter rules on what you can and can't post makes for a very vanilla forum. Pretty boring 

The rules about what you can and cannot say have not become stricter recently , infact they have become more lenient .

You say say anything you like , just don't call people names , don't go off topic and dont have a long running argument .

You say anything you like (No need to mention the one subject that is off-limits)

On 12/7/2018 at 5:45 PM, transam said:

Indeed it has...Perhaps because I will not be precipitating this year so no fun or mud slinging at myself to chew over...????

And where's the Old hippy? I haven't seen him precipitating

for ages.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:30 AM, faraday said:

In my opinion, it's to do with the 'subject we can't discuss'.

The Thai Royal Family and TV Moderation are the only subjects that cannot be discussed

And you can understand the reasoning , the first one for legal reasons and the second one is because it would just be endless " He called me a tvvat two years ago and it didnt get deleted , I called him a tvvat yesterday and its still there , its not fair"  posts

On 12/14/2018 at 6:11 AM, GinBoy2 said:

I think you are possibly part of the TVF demographic that I think has gone AWOL. 

It's sorta lost a lot of the fun, and your demographic along with what I think is an erosion of the overall expat community, it's death by a thousand cuts!

TV forums are a reflection of Thailand these days .

38 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I think the ongoing connecting issues have caused quite a few members to call it a day !!

Agree. It’s so laborious and time consuming trying to look at different threads. Kills off any interest after a while 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Agree. It’s so laborious and time consuming trying to look at different threads. Kills off any interest after a while 

I find that its just a bit slow on the hour and half past the hour , other than that , its quick enough

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

The rules about what you can and cannot say have not become stricter recently , infact they have become more lenient .

You say say anything you like , just don't call people names , don't go off topic and dont have a long running argument .

You say anything you like (No need to mention the one subject that is off-limits)

Definitely not my experience.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:43 PM, CharlieH said:

This is the second time this has to be posted, you know the rules, you have said as much in your posts, please do not persist or it will result in closure.

Wouldn't it be great if every guy who was getting the BS from his gf  said that ?   And even better,  walked the walk !

2 hours ago, faraday said:

The first reason I agree with.

The second...hmm. Some people post extremely seditious things, at times personal. I retaliated, & well I don't think I'm permitted to explain.

Try looking up the word "seditious" mate. It means the exact opposite of what you think.