Property owners to be targetted as fake goods raids hit Patong, Central

webfact

Property owners to be targetted as fake goods raids hit Patong, Central

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1544757652_1-org.jpg

The raids hit vendors on Bangla Rd in Patong and at the Central Phuket Festival building in Wichit. Photo: Phuket Isoc

PHUKET: The Deputy Director of the Phuket branch of the Internal Security Operations Command (Isoc), which serves as the political arm of the Thai military, has warned that property owners who repeatedly allow vendors to sell fake copyright goods on their premises will face legal action.

The news follows a team of officers led by the Phuket Isoc branch conducting raids on fake goods vendors in key tourist areas in Patong and at Central Phuket this week.

The raids, led by Phuket Isoc Deputy Director Capt Boworn Phromgaewngam, began when the team arrived in Patong at 1pm on Wednesday (Dec 12).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/property-owners-to-be-targetted-as-fake-goods-raids-hit-patong-central-69681.php#6ugbmIQiQdxlK6SP.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-14

So, hypothetically speaking, I rent shop premises to a vendor in Phuket. However I live in Chiang Mai. Do I have to travel down every day and inspect the goods my tenant is selling. Do I have the legal right to just walk into a rented property without prior notice and start rooting through the tenants merchandise?

If I rent a house to someone, in say, Karon, and the tenants are prosecuted for a criminal offence am I then liable too?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

So, hypothetically speaking, I rent shop premises to a vendor in Phuket. However I live in Chiang Mai. Do I have to travel down every day and inspect the goods my tenant is selling. Do I have the legal right to just walk into a rented property without prior notice and start rooting through the tenants merchandise?

If I rent a house to someone, in say, Karon, and the tenants are prosecuted for a criminal offence am I then liable too?

has warned that property owners who repeatedly allow vendors to sell fake copyright goods on their premises will face legal action.

guess that says it all.........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

has warned that property owners who repeatedly allow vendors to sell fake copyright goods on their premises will face legal action.

guess that says it all.........

Going to be a lot of court cases then as just about all of the "named" goods sold in Bangla and in the surrounds are fakes!!

As for a provider of these goods, who pays off the authorities to turn a blind eye to his knock-off imports......will this income stream be stopped (don't answer cos we all know it won't)????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BestB said:

That is beyond stupid. Why would you hold owner of property liable for something tenant does?

are landlords supppse to visit and inspect on daily basis and be trained and knowledgeable on product authenticity?

I know in the Netherlands if a tenant is growing weed illegally, the owner of the property is held responsible provided he could reasonably know of the illegal activity.

So this really doesn't come out of thin air.

This is not new in England I had a situation 25 years ago where I owned some commercial property and the tenants where up to no good and I was contacted by the CID and their instructions to me was to get rid of them easier said than done, I did consult my Solicitor and he said I cannot kick them out mainly because the police did not have a conviction that meant I had no grounds to evict them and also I would have to go through a civil court at that time they could sue me for loss of earnings and harassment