SURVEY: Trump -- Will his presidency end soon?

Scott

SURVEY: Trump presidency, will it survive?  

344 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, sirineou said:

screenshot from my prudential annuity statement,  a couple of hours ago that I used on another thread concerning the stock market

image.png.2a2eec87457e4cdbba3c878a70a3c08d.png

so yes, very tired of winning. 

What's your performance since November 8, 2016? I'm guessing your annual average is still above or near historic norms?

Just now, lannarebirth said:

Not bad!  Here's to continued good fortune in your retirement years.

But returns are not linear, and require a bit of differential calculus. For instance  using the rule of seventy an investment growing at  7% will double in 10 years, i don't think a 9% return in two years is respectable. Unless I am misunderstanding this . Someone who knows more about these things please correct me.

Regardless 12% haircut still hurts.  

But the point is not my investments , we are talking about trump here, and the prospects about his presidency, and a 12% haircut  combined with everything else that is going on, does not increase his chances.  

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

But returns are not linear, and require a bit of differential calculus. For instance  using the rule of seventy an investment growing at  7% will double in 10 years, i don't think a 9% return in two years is respectable. Unless I am misunderstanding this . Someone who knows more about these things please correct me.

Regardless 12% haircut still hurts.  

But the point is not my investments , we are talking about trump here, and the prospects about his presidency, and a 12% haircut  combined with everything else that is going on, does not increase his chances.  

Almost 3 years even.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Trump is good for the US, but if he goes too far in

the right direction he will get Kennedied, not so

easy now, as the world is watching, half expecting it.

Dear Americans, if you dont like him, can we do

a swap with May, the best negotiator in Europe?

He is not good for the U.S. Yes, take him. Please.

• Like 1

Here's some more bad news for the economy. Particularly for the farming sector. Kansas elected a Democratic governor in the latest election. Maybe in the next election they'll help elect a Democrat for President?

U.S. Farmers Fear Lucrative Japanese Exports Will Wither

"After seeing exports to China tumble, U.S. farmers and ranchers are now bracing for more losses in their next-biggest Asian market: Japan.

On Dec. 30, Tokyo will begin cutting tariffs and easing quotas on products sold by some of American agriculture’s biggest competitors—including Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Chile—as part of the new 11-member Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.

The U.S. was originally part of that bloc, but President Trump pulled out last year, saying the agreement would have harmed American manufacturers and workers by loosening restrictions  on U.S. imports of autos and auto parts, and intensifying competition with low-wage Asian nations."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-farmers-fear-lucrative-japanese-exports-will-wither-11545739201

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Here's some more bad news for the economy. Particularly for the farming sector. Kansas elected a Democratic governor in the latest election. Maybe in the next election they'll help elect a Democrat for President?

U.S. Farmers Fear Lucrative Japanese Exports Will Wither

"After seeing exports to China tumble, U.S. farmers and ranchers are now bracing for more losses in their next-biggest Asian market: Japan.

On Dec. 30, Tokyo will begin cutting tariffs and easing quotas on products sold by some of American agriculture’s biggest competitors—including Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Chile—as part of the new 11-member Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.

The U.S. was originally part of that bloc, but President Trump pulled out last year, saying the agreement would have harmed American manufacturers and workers by loosening restrictions  on U.S. imports of autos and auto parts, and intensifying competition with low-wage Asian nations."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-farmers-fear-lucrative-japanese-exports-will-wither-11545739201

Yup, I've said it from the very beginning that Trump pulling out of the TPP as part of this knee-jerk isolationist anti-globalist agenda will hurt the US. A lot. Even Clinton acknowledged that the TPP needed to be reworked, but not that radical disengagement and alienation of trading partners and allies we see now.

• Like 2

As a Brit I prefer our monarchy to a here-today-gone-tomorrow politican; especially a clown like trump bereft of ettiquet. I also prefer our 28 day flash-to-bang elections instead of your year-long alternative.

Trump is dangerous and I'd like him gone.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

You have it wrong. Trump will win BECAUSE enough of the American people don't want the alternative.

I suspect he won't stand again. 4 years of the constant attacks is probably enough. He could probably nominate a rock to replace him and it would win, but I'm expecting Pence to be the next president.

Pence/Haley or Haley/Pence if he doesnt.

My problem with Pence is that he is not exciting. Excitement wins elections (viz Obama and Trump). On the other hand, based on what Im seeing so far, there isnt much excitement over on the Dem side either, unless you count Beto who will get killed in a national election.

As a Brit I prefer our monarchy to a here-today-gone-tomorrow politican; especially a clown like trump bereft of ettiquet. I also prefer our 28 day flash-to-bang elections instead of your year-long alternative.
Trump is dangerous and I'd like him gone.
Two years actually.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, Hanuman2547 said:

Not only will Trump serve out his term the bastard will probably get re-elected.  (not saying I like Hillary, far from it)  Don't know if the Dems can rustle up a decent enough candidate to oust Trump from his post.  

Is that a good friendly mateship bastard or a i hate you bastard?

I like the son of a bitch myself

• Like 2

Impeachment risk has risen in the last week and the Mueller report isn't out yet.

A potential Trump impeachment is a 'huge risk' for 2019, expert says

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/26/trump-may-face-impeachment-by-house-democrats-expert-says.html

If there is anyone left that wonders WHY. I don't understand why right wingers think he is worth it. Why not Pence who is extremely right wing but appears relatively competent and sane?

Trump is incompetent, impulsive and amoral. Heaven help us all.

The chaos all around us is what happens when the nation elects an incompetent, narcissistic, impulsive and amoral man as president. This Christmas, heaven help us all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-incompetent-impulsive-and-amoral-heaven-help-us-all/2018/12/24/b78e25d2-07bb-11e9-a3f0-71c95106d96a_story.html

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, sure thing dude, do like China under Mao and send the doctors to the fields. 

A US without beer, moonshine ganja smoking rednecks who vote Trump? They would easily be swapped with hard working happy emigrants. 

21 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Is that a good friendly mateship bastard or a i hate you bastard?

I like the son of a bitch myself

Definitely the latter.  However, he will serve out his term and probably get re-elected as so far the Democrats haven't shown a viable candidate to unseat him.  Part of the problem is that the left and the right have moved too far in their respective directions leaving those in the middle without a candidate that represents them.  Plus being a two party system any other candidate who is not an R or a D is virtually assured of getting very few votes and never getting any of the outdated electoral college votes.  

Definitely the latter.  However, he will serve out his term and probably get re-elected as so far the Democrats haven't shown a viable candidate to unseat him.  Part of the problem is that the left and the right have moved too far in their respective directions leaving those in the middle without a candidate that represents them.  Plus being a two party system any other candidate who is not an R or a D is virtually assured of getting very few votes and never getting any of the outdated electoral college votes.  

It's absurd to suggest that a viable candidate won't emerge for the democrats. They have an abundance of decent choices. It is true there isn't one that is considered to be deserving of her turn as happened in 2016. No that isn't Sanders for two reasons. He's very old and he isn't even a democrat.

I have a current favorite but I don't have a big problem with any of the known names on the list of 20 or 30. Some of them are of course totally unknown outside their localities.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's absurd to suggest that a viable candidate won't emerge for the democrats. They have an abundance of decent choices. It is true there isn't one that is considered to be deserving of her turn as happened in 2016. No that isn't Sanders for two reasons. He's very old and he isn't even a democrat.

I have a current favorite but I don't have a big problem with any of the known names on the list of 20 or 30. Some of them are of course totally unknown outside their localities.

Start naming names of these viable candidates.  

Start naming names of these viable candidates.  

Just because they aren't super famous now doesn't mean they can't emerge. If you knew anything about history you would realize that already. Hints - - Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama.

Off topic but Amy Klobuchar rings my bells but I think O'Rourke would be a mistake.

The democrats have a lot of choices. They aren't decided yet on which specific direction to go but it's way early. By direction I don't really mean a name but things like how progressive or how moderate, race/gender, geography, and whether the play is a wave of Midwest normal temperament like Klobuchar in a standard progressive democrat female package or deciding the need is to fight trump fire with someone similarly angry and hot. There is also the how populist the choice as of course there are left wing populists as well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Just because they aren't super famous now doesn't mean they can't emerge. If you knew anything about history you would realize that already. Hints - - Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama.

Actually I'm up on history, even American history, and Bill and Jimmy had been around for awhile.  Obama was the outsider who caught a lot of people out as he really was the unknown. 

Surprised you didn't mention Kennedy as he has made a little bit of noise in his area.  

While we're all waiting anxiously for the end of the "trump" regime maybe take a break and take a fun quiz.

"What most terrifies the US President? Take the Donald Trump quiz of the year"

I got full marks.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/dec/26/donald-trump-quiz-of-2018

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

While we're all waiting anxiously for the end of the "trump" regime maybe take a break and take a fun quiz.

I got full marks.

I got 10/12.   As they noted, I am paying too much attention to him!

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I got full marks.

I got 11/12 " I worry that you have not quite managed to break free of Trump's vice-like grip on the world’s attention. You have been thinking about him too much. Remember, that’s what he wants."

and I'm not even American…. LOL

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, Becker said:

Yes, the poor darling. It's so unfair and totally undeserved!

In the end, Trump has loadsacash, and he's going to be the one in the big house with the flash car and having a wonderful retirement.

I have to wonder how much of this TDS is just jealousy?

• Like 2