SURVEY: Trump -- Will his presidency end soon?

Scott

SURVEY: Trump presidency, will it survive?  

344 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I don't get it. Why are the going after President Trump when, as the following unimpeachable (maybe) source points out, the real scandal goes unexamined?

"A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?"

That's an American president speaking. He has the nuclear codes. Is he mentally ill? Is he evil? Or both? Hard to diagnose Individual-1's particularly bizarre essence, but it's clear that it's a toxic waste dump on the nation and the planet. This stain should be removed ASAP. It's up to the Quisling republicans in the senate now. There is no reason to think they'll ever do the right thing but it's still possible. 

A Quisling and His Enablers

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/opinion/trump-quisling-enablers.html

He was reacting to a PARODY sketch. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, direction BANGKOK said:

The interesting part is they are saying he may have to win the next election to avoid indictment. And, he could actually slime his way past the statute of limitations on these crimes if he does win. 

Yes, that is actually true.

21 minutes ago, sgoodes said:

So because someone backs a certain leader you don't agree with then you question their mental stability. You are obviously one of the unhinged leftists that would rather the US be run by the Lunatic Democrats. I'm an Aussie and I can't understand the deep seated hatred that some people can have towards a leader that loves his country. I guess you'd rather have seen Clinton take power. 

You only have to watch the antics of the Democrats to work out where the mental instability comes from.

Love of country? Russia? We're talking about the same "bone spurs" draft dodging con man?

He loves himself most of all, his business, his brand, some of his family, and fellow authoritarian anti-free press white nationalist strong men leaders. 

Also your post is very funny. You start it by whining that decent Americans are horrified to have a criminal con man demagogue as president and have issues with Americans that support that, and then finish by hurling the type of garbage you accuse Individual-1 critics of -- calling them mentally ill. 

Personally I haven't called Individual-1 fans mentally ill but I do think that the man himself clearly is. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, quandow said:

I voted for impeachment/resignation out of pure hope. Unfortunately he'll probably wiggle out of any major damage, but I can't see him getting a second term. Even the Republicans are stepping away from his foul stench. He's too unpredictable, unstable, and his base is starting to wash away.

Even the Republicans are stepping away

LOL. You obviously haven't been paying attention. The establishment GOP has NEVER supported Trump, and actively worked to try and stop him becoming president. He has had not only the Dems attacking him for every little thing they can rustle up, but the GOP against him as well. Even though they lost the house, the miserable blighters wouldn't even use their last few days in session to pass any of his wish list. Everything he has accomplished has been in spite of the GOP, not because of them.

I voted that he would continue this term, but not stand for a second, because I think he will have had enough and leave Pence to really stick it to them ( then they'll be sorry ). If he does stand for a second term, I think he'll win, because the Dems have nothing, ZERO, except Trump hatred, and middle America hates everything that New York and California stand for.

• Like 1

De Niro is right. The worst thing that ever happened to Trump was winning the presidency.  He is cornered by a system that, while it is on shaky legs, is still is a system of laws.  He has no one to blame but himself for putting himself and his interest in the almighty dollar above the pledge that he made to serve the best interests of republic and all its citizens.  He continues to be an embarrassment.  I expect him to spend his last days living a lonely life in a villa on the Black Sea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Love of country? Russia? We're talking about the same "bone spurs" draft dodging con man?

He loves himself most of all, his business, his brand, some of his family, and fellow authoritarian anti-free press white nationalist strong men leaders. 

Do tell. Perhaps you can tell us all which Democrat president since Kennedy has served in a war. Even Bush the younger managed to avoid getting shot at.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fgh654vb said:

De Niro is right. The worst thing that ever happened to Trump was winning the presidency.  He is cornered by a system that, while it is on shaky legs, is still is a system of laws.  He has no one to blame but himself for putting himself and his interest in the almighty dollar above the pledge that he made to serve the best interests of republic and all its citizens.  He continues to be an embarrassment.  I expect him to spend his last days living a lonely life in a villa on the Black Sea.

Rich men will never be "lonely".

Well this is interesting:

Trump Impeachment Odds Surge Amid Legal Peril

President Donald Trump’s week of legal peril has significantly boosted the odds of his impeachment by the House of Representatives, at least as far as the betting markets are concerned.

Indeed, Trump is now rated more likely than not to be impeached during his first term, according to the latest odds offered by Irish bookmaker Paddy Power. Odds of 4/5, an implied probability of 56 percent, are available on Trump’s impeachment before his term ends in January 2021.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-impeachment-odds-surge-amid-legal-peril/ar-BBR23RI?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280&fbclid=IwAR0XFIe6bqSxGhCtu7Hjq278utIO3AHUKcELnJqQRXnYSHgIgMJ3bKtpEqE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Credo said:

Well this is interesting:

Trump Impeachment Odds Surge Amid Legal Peril

President Donald Trump’s week of legal peril has significantly boosted the odds of his impeachment by the House of Representatives, at least as far as the betting markets are concerned.

Indeed, Trump is now rated more likely than not to be impeached during his first term, according to the latest odds offered by Irish bookmaker Paddy Power. Odds of 4/5, an implied probability of 56 percent, are available on Trump’s impeachment before his term ends in January 2021.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-impeachment-odds-surge-amid-legal-peril/ar-BBR23RI?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280&fbclid=IwAR0XFIe6bqSxGhCtu7Hjq278utIO3AHUKcELnJqQRXnYSHgIgMJ3bKtpEqE

Didn't all the bookmakers have the Dems down to win the presidency?

17 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Not only will Trump serve out his term the bastard will probably get re-elected.  (not saying I like Hillary, far from it)  Don't know if the Dems can rustle up a decent enough candidate to oust Trump from his post.  

There is one thing the rest of the world needs to understand about the Trump election.

Most of the US loves him. 

He can lie, cheat, bluster, bully, name call, alienate allies, bend over for traditional enemies, support the gun lobby,

get embroiled in suspect money laundering, use twitter instead of debate, talk down to women and more.

And 50% of US citizens adore him. Despite his backflips and condoning human rights abuses. Despite his sluring of US protective agencies.

They love him.

This is the lesson to learn about the US.

I think he will romp into the next term. The US has become more far right now than ever before.

And the republican controlled senate will never allow impeachment, they will protect themselves by protecting him.

9 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

There is one thing the rest of the world needs to understand about the Trump election.

He can lie, cheat, bluster, bully, name call, alienate allies, bend over for traditional enemies, support the gun lobby,

get embroiled in suspect money laundering, use twitter instead of debate, talk down to women and more.

And 50% of US citizens adore him. Despite his backflips and condoning human rights abuses. Despite his sluring of US protective agencies.

They love him.

I think he will romp into the next term. The US has become more far right now than ever before.

And the republican controlled senate will never allow impeachment, they will protect themselves by protecting him.

I disagree that 50% love him. They just loathe the Dems enough to vote for anyone that isn't a Democrat for president.

I certainly would expect the senate to not support impeachment, if they want to get re elected.

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't all the bookmakers have the Dems down to win the presidency?

Well, they were half-right... or half-wrong. Right for the number of citizens' votes, wrong for the number of electoral college votes.

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I disagree that 50% love him. They just loathe the Dems enough to vote for anyone that isn't a Democrat for president.

I certainly would expect the senate to not support impeachment, if they want to get re elected.

Not ecactly 50%, more on pair with Ronald and Bill after second term december, which is around 40%. Trump won with 46% of the votes, against Hillary who got 48%. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Please don't shoot the messenger

I do not have a party, I am registered independent and have voted for Democrat, Republican and  Independent candidates.

Indeed it cost me, and cost the world, but it was not my attitude that caused the cost.    

Believe me  my opinion of those who voted for trump saddens me also, as it should. Who would not be sad to realise that a such significant proportion of their  fellow Americans are at best idiots.   

Perhaps the saddest thing is that the Republican party has morphed into the Trump party, and that most mainstream Republicans reluctantly go along with Trump because they think it keeps the party intact. The unfortunate thing they are starting to realize is that is not true. However, it is true in some measure, for example, having conservative Supreme Court Justices appointed, etc., but it is largely not true in other larger measures, such as the rejection of pro-business globalization and America's role as global free market leader, which created the very prosperity most mainstream Republicans enjoy. 

The Republican party has been subsumed by the simpleton Trump type of Republican view for now (and yes, I agree with you, a significant proportion are idiots), and one can only hope that mainstream Republicans can take back control of their party after this costly experiment with Trump.

• Like 2

Donald lost the popular vote no matter what he lies about that is fact also the republicans got spanked in the midterms now he will be looked at with an unfriendly house can he stand the scrutiny I doubt it might hang for 1 term depending on muller no 2 ond term maybe an attempted coup he is in deep serious do do good riddance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Well, they were half-right... or half-wrong. Right for the number of citizens' votes, wrong for the number of electoral college votes.

In America, the popular vote doesn't count, so that should not have been a factor for the bookmakers.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that the bookmakers are not a guaranteed way of foretelling the future.

16 minutes ago, Tug said:

Donald lost the popular vote no matter what he lies about that is fact also the republicans got spanked in the midterms now he will be looked at with an unfriendly house can he stand the scrutiny I doubt it might hang for 1 term depending on muller no 2 ond term maybe an attempted coup he is in deep serious do do good riddance 

What most people don't understand about why Trump has won and continues to be a force is summed up expertly in this article by Matt Bai:

But, you see, this is the thing Trump sees about our politics that the Washington crowd really doesn’t, even now. Everything in the culture has fragmented. No one gets 50 percent of anything. It’s all about pluralities.

https://news.yahoo.com/yes-really-said-trump-gets-presidency-critics-dont-100000919.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

we can all agree to disagree, but within a political party(by definition) there need to be a set of core values. The Republicans having abandoned some of these core value are RINOs   

Sadly  some of the same has happened to the Democratic party, which is why Independents are the fastest growing segment of voters. Unfortunately independent voters do not participate in the primary selection  of candidates and consequently we end up with  candidates such as Hillary and trump.

The political system in the US is badly broken. 

Yes, exactly. These "core values" which were so long accepted by both parties have been fracturing and are shifting, and the new core values of the Republicans are represented by the plurality of the new Trump faction, so becomes de facto Republicanism. Meanwhile, yes, the Dems have been drifting even more left, and so we have this huge middle right population that is lost (RINOS, Independents, the old Reagan Democrats, etc.), and that is why Trump has capitalized on consolidating the party under his faction. Until a large enough faction of "reasonable people" assembles, Trump can continue to dominate with his red neck block so long as he can survive the coming legal onslaught.

10 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

What most people don't understand about why Trump has won and continues to be a force is summed up expertly in this article by Matt Bai:

https://news.yahoo.com/yes-really-said-trump-gets-presidency-critics-dont-100000919.html

I just read the article, and it puts the lie to everything his opponents say about him. Like or loathe him, he is not stupid and he is playing the media for fools as they are what is keeping him in power. If they just ignored his outbursts, people would soon lose interest. It's the TDS displayed by his opponents that keep his base engaged, as they know they must keep those loonies out of power.

Those that attack him for every possible reason are the very ones ensuring his popularity among those that despise the Washington establishment.

So, next time you feel like calling him every horrible thing under the sun, just remember it's exactly for that reason that folk like myself support him.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Until a large enough faction of "reasonable people" assembles, Trump can continue to dominate with his red neck block so long as he can survive the coming legal onslaught.

That exemplifies why people like myself support Trump, a man that I wouldn't have given the time of day to before he was elected. By insulting everyone that supports him, you insult millions of people that are by no means rednecks. He has a very large tent, and many types of people vote for him. Just despising the pant suited one would have been sufficient reason for me voting Trump. If you want the real reason people support him, look no further than the cabal of crooks and charlatans that inhabit the Washington "swamp".

As for the "legal onslaught", that would require actual proof, and the lack of leaks as to any make me think there ain't any.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

They love him.

Where's your evidence that 50% of the US loves him. Not even Fox News Polls show that. And the last Congressional election shows just how toxic he is particularly to women.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That exemplifies why people like myself support Trump, a man that I wouldn't have given the time of day to before he was elected. By insulting everyone that supports him, you insult millions of people that are by no means rednecks. He has a very large tent, and many types of people vote for him. Just despising the pant suited one would have been sufficient reason for me voting Trump. If you want the real reason people support him, look no further than the cabal of crooks and charlatans that inhabit the Washington "swamp".

As for the "legal onslaught", that would require actual proof, and the lack of leaks as to any make me think there ain't any.

You could argue that there is nothing more Trump-like than leveling unfair insults, and though characterizing Trump Supporters as only rednecks is not fair, the single issue that he stands on that keeps his base energized is keeping non-whites out of the country, so that is pretty redneck don't ya think?

Sure the "deep state" or whatever you want to call the swamp is real to a large degree and needed shaking up, but not by such an imprecise thinker as Trump. Chaos for the sake of chaos is not managed change.

Regarding the legal stuff, we will see. It's all speculation now, but doesn't look good for him.

7 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

the single issue that he stands on that keeps his base energized is keeping non-whites out of the country, so that is pretty redneck don't ya think?

There are plenty of illegal immigrants who are "white", but I reckon its easy to simplistically deride all Trump supporters as not only "idiots" but rascists  too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1