OFFICIAL POSTER OF THE YEAR (POTY) NOMINATIONS

Scott

It's a difficult choice, but my vote goes to: "richard_smith237" for the courtesy, common sense and general knowledge.

Thanks to all the other good posters for making TVF such an interesting and entertaining site.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, starky said:

So in a lameduck contest 5he mods have already heavily invested in " their" choice. Well done col your a shoe in obviously. 

What makes you think anyone takes any notice of what the "MODS" think do or say?

In fact it may well backfire as people vote the "other" way just to spite them.

My vote goes to Andrew Dwyer for his consistent good humour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baboon said:

This is POTY, after all, not some cheap popularity contest. It is with a boundless love in my heart for all of (wo)mankind that I am campaigning.

I have a dream...

You have been warned before about self medicating before coming on the forum ! 

Its not a dream, its an hallucination !

Lay off the damn drugs you psychotropic Monkey !

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You have been warned before about self medicating before coming on the forum ! 

Its not a dream, its an hallucination !

Lay off the damn drugs you psychotropic Monkey !

Wish I could afford drugs...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott said:

Be careful what you wish for.   One of the contestants is probably sending you a package and the Boys in Brown will be along shortly....

Drugs AND a bit of time in the slammer away from Mrs baboon? Sounds like the recipe for a very merry Christmas indeed....

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Drugs AND a bit of time in the slammer away from Mrs baboon? Sounds like the recipe for a very merry Christmas indeed....

Ah, but then you would never pass our strict criminal records background check!!

A few hours ago, I posted a PSA on the Chiang Mai TV forum to let the locals know that 'Tis the Season for POTY Nominations.  As Folkguitar rightly noted: this "honor" is like being invited to sit at the "cool kids" table in the cafeteria of a mental hospital.  You can give it a prominent place on your CV.

Absolutely right and I hereby nominate Folkguitar, along with the several others who responded to the thread in a thinly disguised attempt of self-promotion:  hyku1147, Bill97, eyecatcher, sharktooth and orang37 (believe me the entire TV-universe needs to puzzle through his posts, not just us northerners)

Also, on a serious note, I'd like to nominate CMBob for his fine work in keeping everyone informed on the goings-on at CM Immigration, a post I had to give up since becoming persona-non-grata back when the Immigration office was at Promenada Mall and they didn't like me hanging around.  Bob looks more like your basic CM expat retiree than me, so he probably blends in better than I did.   

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

How did you and the other MODs manage to pass the checks then, must have been a number of brown suitcases rather than brown envelopes in use!

A bit like asking how did the lunatics takeover the asylum ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The rumors has it we should vote on Baboon this year.   So I just go with the flow.

My other candidates are moderators. 

Edited by balo

The obvious have already been nominated.

I'd like to add some old school.

Marco, Gecko, Pete from CM, Ken, Opalred and WhiteChristmas.

I'll edit this and reduce to 3 tomorrow after my afternoon nap and I have cleaned my glasses. 

If "usefullness" of a thread is a criteria, it would have to be

"KittenKong".

What "Sheryl" contibutes in the medical-field, "KittenKong" contributes to the Business, especially Real-Estate matters concerning Farangs in Thailand. His expertise in this field is unsurpassed.
His advice has prevented many a Farang to invest his life savings head over heels in questionable Real-Estate ventures.
= Useful information.

I have great respect from posters like Sheryl, Ubon-Joe and KittenKong. The rest of us (including myself) can only contribute in form of Banter, P*ssy (in general) and comment on Tabloid-News. But that's the way we like it, don't we?
Surely, if "Stormy Daniels" and the Dalai-Lama would post here, "Stormy" would win hands down. :wink:

• Like 2

1. KittenKong

2. SpiderMike

3. Nyezhov

Why?? Because they are no BS (well, some of the time) and always informative, will correct you when you are wrong without ridiculing you, and are all generally entertaining.............:wai:  :wai: :wai: