OFFICIAL POSTER OF THE YEAR (POTY) NOMINATIONS

Scott

10 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Don't forget his brother 524, he is also very persistent and should at least get a mention 

Techdoctor is not a mod, so i nominate techdoctor, or is it only active members that can be nominated?

Edited by janclaes47
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Techdoctor is not a mod, so i nominate techdoctor, or is it only active members that can be nominated?

Sorry, Techdoctor is an admin.   Admin are not permitted either.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, owl sees all said:

You are quite right sanemax. Evenstevens has been missing. When he did post it was thought-provoking and hard hitting. BUT,,,, I take your point. Marco kok prong is now in his place as my third nomination.

Your post threw up a couple of thoughts. Firstly; should, as has been suggested, a POTY nomination have to satisfy certain criteria. Should the member be here (in Thailand) more than 6 months of the year, and should a certain amount of posts be mandatory (say 365). What about hits/likes? i reckon at least 10% of posts should be liked.

These are fundamental and important thoughts on a topic that transcends many dimensions. Brings together posters from all over Thailand; spiritually. From the beer drinker to the wine connoisseur. From cheese lovers to lovers of durian. The people that prefer Big C shopping, and those that like to get their little snacks from 7-11. Some posters like the three 'fs'. Football, fishing and family. Others are content to spend most of their days on TVForum. Others like, to quote a member's quote by Arnie; humping and rumping.

Is this a broad church? Could it be described as such?

" Your post threw up a couple of thoughts. Firstly; should, as has been suggested, a POTY nomination have to satisfy certain criteria. Should the member be here (in Thailand) more than 6 months of the year. "

Agreed but I'll leave you to police that one.

26 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Baboon is a serious frontrunner this year and is the only candidate who is already campaigning.

This is POTY, after all, not some cheap popularity contest. It is with a boundless love in my heart for all of (wo)mankind that I am campaigning.

I have a dream...

Just now, baboon said:

This is POTY, after all, not some cheap popularity contest. It is with a boundless love in my heart for all of (wo)mankind that I am campaigning.

I have a dream...

Did you appear in the Coldplay video, "Adventure of a lifetime"?

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You should have seen the All Terrain wheelchair that Colin was going to buy....... many similarities to a Sherman tank.

He was all gung -ho  about buying it until Mrs Colin put her foot down as she thought he might try an escape attempt over the fields on the back route to Khon Kaen.

Something of a wasted exercise as he has previously probably been banned from most Khon Kaen hostelries..... ????

Ouch, please get your facts straight, i have only been banned in 1 hostelry..... The Pullman in Khonkaen.:cheesy:

• Like 1

Brings warmth to my hands to see so many grown men sitting amiably around the round table congratulating themselves on their wit and posting prowess.  I would ask for a show of hands but

all hands do not seem to be on board ,  as many are busy under the table.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rumak said:

Brings warmth to my hands to see so many grown men sitting amiably around the round table congratulating themselves on their wit and posting prowess.  I would ask for a show of hands but

all hands do not seem to be on board ,  as many are busy under the table.

Counting their ill-gotten gains, no doubt. That is why the savvy will be voting baboon, this year...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

Counting their ill-gotten gains, no doubt. That is why the savvy will be voting baboon, this year...

not what i had in mind.   but some say i have a dirty mind.  i see yours tends to focus on the financial aspect.  Does the winner get to be the face of TV and get paid millions to promote pop-ups ?

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

not what i had in mind.   but some say i have a dirty mind.  i see yours tends to focus on the financial aspect.  Does the winner get to be the face of TV and get paid millions to promote pop-ups ?

Be fair - it is a little early in the proceedings to start talking about knocking one out...

6 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

So disheartening to see not a single amphibian nominated , a sad day for all pond dwellers !

Put your redoubtable skills behind baboon and thrive, even as the swamp is drained...