SEMI-FINAL ROUND FOR POSTER OF THE YEAR

Scott

Semi-final round POTY  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, geronimo said:

Group 1

Nyezhov lost no time in hitting the front, and is a strong contender/ Witty, informative and always willing to help, this relative newcomer is going to be tough to beat. Word has it he is primed for a late surge.

As with the previous year, Baboon is hot on the front runner's heels, and will likely remain there, dodging the insults and using every opportunity to sway the voter. I feel he has learned a valuable lesson from the past few epic contests, and is more adept at creating subtle conflict among his rivals' supporters. Expect him to be on the podium, you can stick the month's rent on that!

Group 2

As expected, early polls put colinneil storming out of the blocks, which is mainly due to his consistent joviality and determination, refusing to settle for anything less than happiness, and, of course, one mustn't forget the extremely informative posts that he put in during the past year. Wheelchair permitting, you could be looking at the winner, and some would say it is his to lose.

Chomper Higgot is the surprise of the start, and with a firm manifesto and the local support, Chomper bites down and doesn't usually let go. Looking for some more input from him as the race progresses.

Group 3

Billd766 is a nose in front of pib, with NCC1701A neck and neck with RonniePickering22, making for an exciting start. Some of these guys have little practical experience in the cutthroat underworld on POTY, but each possesses the grit to take on the challenge. Word in the paddock is that RonniePickering22 has something up his sleeve and after last year's late push, he's the one to watch from this group.

More later ...

Billd766 didn't even know that he was nominated in any group and still has no idea what the difference between groups 1, 2 and 3 is.

Thank you to all 3 of my fans who nominated me whoever they are.

• Thanks 2

I guess it is luck of the draw....like the Champions league - you don’t want to be grouped with Barcelona.

Not it that I am comparing Colinneil with the Spanish champions..... he is from Preston for goodness sake.

Kinda like the draw for group stages in the World Cup when England get drawn against................................?...................................…..........well.........anyone really !! ☹️

Well, it wouldn't be an interesting competition unless someone screwed it up, so here I am.   I printed out all the names and set up the polls.   Now I see it was 2 pages of names and I only added the first page....so, there are two more groups that you can vote on:

I'll see if I can lock it for comment, so we can keep the discussion here, but please go vote on that poll as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Well, it wouldn't be an interesting competition unless someone screwed it up, so here I am.   I printed out all the names and set up the polls.   Now I see it was 2 pages of names and I only added the first page....so, there are two more groups that you can vote on:

I'll see if I can lock it for comment, so we can keep the discussion here, but please go vote on that poll as well.  

hmm

for a long time I thought I would pass under the radar,

but nee way

stealth doesn't work with you on the hunt

• Like 2

4 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

hmm

for a long time I thought I would pass under the radar,

but nee way

stealth doesn't work with you on the hunt

I know the feeling.   I once had an IRS agent tell me how glad he was because he almost missed that 'little' error I made!