X-Ray Outlaw: Weekly crackdown nets hundreds more foreigners

webfact

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

I don't think people understand. These are new overstayers. They should not be confused with the old overstayers that were all removed already as Big Joke has reported.  :tongue:

correct, new production batch, different serial number

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcnx said:

Exactly.

This is what every imbecile cheering this operation on hasn’t considered yet. It might end or they might go after older white males who forget to add a Moo number to their forms. Xenophobia is alive and kicking in Thailand, and usually more so in the ranks of the apes running this place.

Just yesterday you have a general saying that foreigners commit all the crimes here against Thais, and he means it. We’re not fighting legit rules and common sense here, we’re fighting against people like this who hate (or fear) us so deeply that they are unable to see past their viewpoint, blaming foreigners for all of their problems. 

Today it’s the black man and Indians, six months from now it could be raids on the homes of every retiree and married foreigner, looking for anything that gives them a reason to show them to the door. It could also be an indirect attack, where they double the financial requirements and raise the age limit by 10 years. How many would that hit?

Don't give the clowns too many ideas. It may come back to bite us. We already have one Big Joke who can't count.

8 hours ago, allanos said:

This "new" title is nonsensical, and, I suppose, typically Thai, who don't seem to want to employ persons well-versed in English usage.  We all know of examples of extreme gobbledygook which has clearly been cobbled together by a Thai who thinks he/she is proficient with the English language.

I presume they meant to say "shine a spotlight" on outlaw foreigners, or something more eloquent than "x-ray".

My understanding is they do actually x-ray all the foreigners they take in, to check for drugs. This is a lot more humane than their previous method of strip searching them and using a black eagle to sniff out the evidence. 

This is the way it is, the Elites do not want foreigners to be staying in Thailand all the time, they will tolerate them coming for holiday, but that's it. They want a sealed Kingdom. This has been coming for so time now. Guy's that I know, that have been in Thailand for 20 or 30 years have told me things have changed and been changing for some time now. I'm not sure, but I think it's only going to get worse, It's the guys that have families, wives, kids, property, that will be affected the most, fortunately I'm not in that situation, it's to bad what's happening but there it is
Alarmist nonsense. It's just another crackdown on overstayers. No one who is here legally, as a tourist or expat, is affected.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Alarmist nonsense. It's just another crackdown on overstayers. No one who is here legally, as a tourist or expat, is affected.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Okay, Thailand has been my home base since 2009, not very long compared to many on this forum, I'm only relating what has been told to me by men that have been living in Thailand for much longer, I didn't mean to come off as " Alarmist " . There are other countries around the world where the  indigenous people are getting very tired of an influx of  foreigners coming into their country to live. This is just a fact. It looks like in Thailands case though it's what I and others call the Elites that want Thailand to be a closed State, they don't like foreigners, I'm not talking about the people that rely on foreign money. The Elites could care less about the common man in Thailand. If you take a look at Thailands history I think you would agree with me, or maybe not

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

But they sure have moved the goalposts on who's considered legal quite a bit since around 2014... 

It may be alarmist.  But ask anyone who's here legally on the basis of a monthly income affidavit if it's nonsense.  Lots of sphincter tightening going on there...

Or you can ask the guys who lived in Thailand legally for decades on monthly visa runs...  If you can find them.  They had to leave.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Or you can ask the guys who lived in Thailand legally for decades on monthly visa runs...  If you can find them.  They had to leave.

But Visa runs really werent "legal" were they.....

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

I think they just aren't coming much now. Was in Hua Hin last weekend and the locals were complaining at the lack of (western) tourists. It makes me wonder how these crackdowns, tightening of immigration and business laws, making it harder for western teachers to remain and teach here, etc, have a flow-on effect in reducing the number of western tourists. 

Your wrong there. 

Western Tourist esp from UK will not come now as Thailand so expensive.

Im sure all the UK pensioners living in Thailand are feeling the pinch too.

When I first come to Thailand 45b to the £. As it stands tonight be lucky to get 41.3.

I lived for 12 months on and off in Bkk with my fillipino gf (now ex because she was always a taker not a giver with bad attitude) long story and found Thailand expensive. Esp Bkk. 

Cheaper places around the world to holiday, work or retire.

for sure they know from the forms  we fill in at the embassy or plane. the hotels too must do the same.if you don,t tell them they know when you  should leave.just a matter of time before they get caught.unless you live in the jungle village.once you caught no way out.they know the expat bars and they look they too.better to be legal  that way no problems

19 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I recall Big Joke saying that there were none left. Where have they found another 537 from?

They were probably staying in hostel on a sub-soi of a sub-soi in the lower quadrant of a section of an obscure province...NOT!

16 hours ago, dcnx said:

Exactly.

This is what every imbecile cheering this operation on hasn’t considered yet. It might end or they might go after older white males who forget to add a Moo number to their forms. Xenophobia is alive and kicking in Thailand, and usually more so in the ranks of the apes running this place.

Just yesterday you have a general saying that foreigners commit all the crimes here against Thais, and he means it. We’re not fighting legit rules and common sense here, we’re fighting against people like this who hate (or fear) us so deeply that they are unable to see past their viewpoint, blaming foreigners for all of their problems. 

Today it’s the black man and Indians, six months from now it could be raids on the homes of every retiree and married foreigner, looking for anything that gives them a reason to show them to the door. It could also be an indirect attack, where they double the financial requirements and raise the age limit by 10 years. How many would that hit?

Some might say that the T.I. should get their own house in order first i.e. the inconsistencies of the letter of affirmation for proof of income which as we know is issued by some and not others and also the disqualification of bank statements . Or is it a ploy to rid the country of the innocent farangs ?

As regards your conjecture I have heard a scary rumor that an introduction of mandatory health insurance for farangs is being considered which would cause huge problems as the premiums are very high , even for a healthy retiree with no previous health problems .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dcnx said:

Exactly.

Today it’s the black man and Indians, where they double the financial requirements and raise the age limit by 10 years. How many would that hit?

"....six months from now it could be raids on the homes of every retiree and married foreigner, looking for anything that gives them a reason to show them to the door.", This is already happening well for the last 4 months to my knowledge, for me just a few weeks after renewing retirement visa. that,s why they want the map.

8 hours ago, impulse said:

But they sure have moved the goalposts on who's considered legal quite a bit since around 2014... 

It may be alarmist.  But ask anyone who's here legally on the basis of a monthly income affidavit if it's nonsense.  Lots of sphincter tightening going on there...

My comment was in regard to the topic of this thread, which is the "X-ray" raid on overstayers and other 'illegal' foreigners.  I've lived here since 2005 and there have been regular crackdowns and some changes, both good and bad, to immigration rules and enforcement.  My alarmist comment is in regard to the current situation being nothing new, and although goalposts may change in terms of what is required to stay here legally, I don't see any new anti-foreigner sentiment, just the old "good guys in, bad guys out".

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

In my area virtually all the farang engage the services of an agent for their yearly visa. If there was ever an investigation into this (likely) 90% of farang would be chucked out.

They will come for us all eventually. It's the Thai obsession with keeping their house in order. All we can do is ensure that we are squeaky clean.

No taking the rubbish out.

No driving the pickup with non-domestic stuff in the back.

No teaching the local children to play chess.

No listening to western music.

No eating western food.

No dissing durian.

No bribing local officials.

No shagging the local police chief's wife in the sugar field.

No posting dodgy stuff on any forums.

They are coming soon to my (your) area.

Oh no!!!!! A tank has just stopped outside. Sweat,, sweat,,. It's ok, they have gone into the somtam shop across the road. Close call; that one!!!

Cleaning windows

• Like 2