Buddy Blocked Ports

h90

Got a new computer

Installed everything WinXP, utorrent.

Now I get that the port forwarding is not working DSL-500G router.

I set the same rules for the new computer as for the old were, I disabled WinXP firewall, but still get the warning.

Anything I might oversee?

Anyway to test from my computer to the router and from the internet to the router to see where the problem might be?

Or any other idea?

For a start, throw up your Windows firewall and hook the modem directly to the computer. If it works then you know its router configuration.

Do NOT take down the windows firewall with the router off. You'll have a worm within minutes.

For a start, throw up your Windows firewall and hook the modem directly to the computer. If it works then you know its router configuration.

Do NOT take down the windows firewall with the router off. You'll have a worm within minutes.

I run without firewall 4 computers since a year without worm......

I don't have a adsl modem, just a router type :-(

Have you configured your new computer with a static IP address so the port(s) are forwarded to the right place?

You can do a custom port probe at grc.com to see if the port is open, but I suspect it'll give you the same result as the built-in utorrent test.

Edited by silvero

If you have a router then you have a firewall.

If you have a router then you have a firewall.

I config it to complete let everything thru and forward everything, at least I wanted to do that......

But also my mothers computer is on a adsl modem and no firewall and no problems so far....