Australian Embassy Stat Dec requirments

8 hours ago, Justin Side said:

The 400k needs to be in the bank for 2 months.

I'm not sure about 400k. 800k needs to be seasoned for 2 months for the first extension, and 3 months for subsequent ones.

Go to www.gov.au.  Stat decs in Thailand about a persons income mean nothing, they are invalid, also, confirmed by Oz Consul Phuket. Cleverman does not make false statements or mistakes. 

Geez dude. You claim to be invited to wine and cheese lunches at the embassy but you keep getting it wrong.

Surely your buddy the ambassador could explain it to you?

Stat decs are NOT ' Illegal' as your post clearly stated

On 1/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, ubonjoe said:

The 7th of this month is the last day they will do them.

Best to go on the website now to check if their are appointments available. https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Appointments_Page.html

Immigration will accept a stat dec that is up to 6 months old.

Had a friend try to get a booking yesterday NONE left so an Agent is his only option

On 1/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, madmen said:
On 1/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, Buffy Frobisher said:
Thanks guys. I wasn't aware of that 6-month validity on the stat dec. I'll just get to the Embassy before the 7th and take my chances end of March. My immigration lawyer once told me that the stat dec was only good for 7 days, so I guess he was wrong or something changed. I appreciate your help.

They only do appointments. See my post above. Security at the front gate won't let you in. It's like Fort Knox ad the new place

My passport was ruined in a washing machine and they let me in with a credit card with my name on it. A valid Australian Driving licence will suffice as will a photocopy of your passport.

My passport was ruined in a washing machine and they let me in with a credit card with my name on it. A valid Australian Driving licence will suffice as will a photocopy of your passport.
Well of course! Obviously you need a new passport. The Point being they would have asked you why you were there.

If today you said a stat dec they would require you to hold the passport against the bullet proof glass while she enters your details.. No appointment no enter.

I just went through that a few days ago.

13 hours ago, tropo said:

You're right about that. I'm getting mine this week in the hope they will accept it in late June/early July, but I see it as a 1700 baht gamble... plus 5 hours on a bus lol.

If it is coming up on its 6 month expiration date go in to renew early, as it only has to be in date the day you apply, immigration has suggested that they may accept renewal requests a little earlier than usual this year.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If it is coming up on its 6 month expiration date go in to renew early, as it only has to be in date the day you apply, immigration has suggested that they may accept renewal requests a little earlier than usual this year.

I'll be attempting to use a letter from this week in late June for a late July extension. (about 20 days early). We'll find out over the next couple of months if they will accept them.

13 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

Anyone renewing ext of stay at jomtiem immi office with an Oz stat dec, don't waste your money on the stat dec, words from immi officer desk 8 about middle of November when I renewed my ext of stay. 

That was some time ago and subsequently it has been said that they will have a 6 month validity. I expect the IO was spit balling!

On 1/1/2019 at 1:22 PM, madmen said:

Nothing illegal about stat decs, how did you come to that conclusion?

I think what "cleverman" is referring to is the real fact that stat dec's from the Oz embassy are useless outside of Oz! As a truth proofing document they are only a prop! ???? 

11 hours ago, tropo said:

I'll be attempting to use a letter from this week in late June for a late July extension. (about 20 days early). We'll find out over the next couple of months if they will accept them.

All offices will accept applications 30 days early, some 45 days, This year only it has been suggested that if your embassy document is expiring these times may be longer in advance

On 1/1/2019 at 3:32 PM, shaemus said:

Same as the bank document that i would get from the Bangkok bank as proof of funds, only valid the instant it is written. 

Which is why the bank manager's letter will generally only be accepted by immigration if it's issued within a few days of the renewal of extension of stay application (or only up to the day before at some offices).

Although some embassies (and their nationals) appeared to give the impression that the income verification document they were/are issuing involved some genuine verification, the wording on at least some of them made it clear the document was no more than something sworn to be true by the applicant. Whether Thai immigrations suddenly decided to press the matter or some of the embassies simply thought it was being misinterpreted/misunderstood remains conjecture.  It did seem odd that the US, Australian and UK embassies all apparently reached the same decision more or less simultaneously whereas other embassies remain oblivious to it all.

Edited by Suradit69

On 1/3/2019 at 12:01 PM, Suradit69 said:

Which is why the bank manager's letter will generally only be accepted by immigration if it's issued within a few days of the renewal of extension of stay application (or only up to the day before at some offices).

Although some embassies (and their nationals) appeared to give the impression that the income verification document they were/are issuing involved some genuine verification, the wording on at least some of them made it clear the document was no more than something sworn to be true by the applicant. Whether Thai immigrations suddenly decided to press the matter or some of the embassies simply thought it was being misinterpreted/misunderstood remains conjecture.  It did seem odd that the US, Australian and UK embassies all apparently reached the same decision more or less simultaneously whereas other embassies remain oblivious to it all.

Well From my experience yesterday at Khon Kaen Immigration i would have to say that you statement is 100% factual. The officer who was dealing with my application refused the stat dec from the Aus embassy as it was referencing my available funds and and not an income stream (40000) She told me to go and get another stat dec obviously unaware that the service has been withdrawn. So i have not been successful in my application to argue, but i did manage to get a 60 day visa. i will be going back to Aus soon and i may launch the application there as i found it much easier last time. Need less to say i am slightly deflated, if i am wrong then thats a good lesson. but If the immigration officer was  wrong the i wonder what my options are? i wonder if other can help shed some light on this. @ubonjoe

38 minutes ago, shaemus said:

The officer who was dealing with my application refused the stat dec from the Aus embassy as it was referencing my available funds and and not an income stream (40000)

You have to prove a income of at least 40k baht. I assume you were showing the amount you have in a bank in Australia which certainly would not be accepted. Proof of money in a bank is only accepted if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months.

If you get a single entry non-o visa you could show few months of at least 40k going into a Thai bank you could use that to apply for an extension.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to prove a income of at least 40k baht. I assume you were showing the amount you have in a bank in Australia which certainly would not be accepted. Proof of money in a bank is only accepted if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months.

If you get a single entry non-o visa you could show few months of at least 40k going into a Thai bank you could use that to apply for an extension.

i have the money in the bank in Aus and also in Thailand, the funds haven't been there long enough to enable me to get a bank letter stating the 2 month period at the date i required (yesterday) . it would see that i misunderstood the whole situation to my detriment. My experience is that it is much less hassle to do this overseas. I have been granted a 60 day Visa, i was told yesterday that if i need to add a multiple entry then  can do it at the airport. I am in and out of Thailand sporadically for work but when i leave next i will just do the application overseas by post. So easy.

Many thanks for your help