CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

4 minutes ago, MikeOKitches said:

????????????????????

Don't understand the reaction.

What I want and ready to pay 5000 ThB is that somebody ( agent ) do my work :

Taking copies

Going to Austrian Consulate with my passport and documents ( Proof of government pension and proof Office of Pension transfering monthly +/- equivalent of 80000 ThB on Belgian bankbook ) to get L.o.I.

Going to Immigration with my passport and all necessay documents

I will collect my passport with extension of 1 year as picture of myself has to been made.

So nothing illegal is involved.

6 minutes ago, davhend25 said:

What he said....

I do swift transfers and never leave my townhouse and my credit union calls me to confirm the transaction. They call me in Thailand at around 11pm I go to bed, wake up go to bank and transfer is done

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

How could it be read any other way.

This is what is written in the amendment.

image.png.57b69e932a5221e5a6af98139666674e.png

Hello again. I know you responded to me before on this matter, and assured me that income affidavits would be accepted as part of my Retirement Visa renewal application and that the directive was clear on this. Thank you for highlighting the language you were referencing to me before. 

You're saying that the phrase "income certification certified by the embassy or consular" should be interpreted to mean it's the equivalent of this document known as the "Income Affidavit?"

I believe this is where the confusion lies and may be open to interpretation. The "Income Affidavit" is a sworn declaration which a person makes in front of a US Embassy official and they notarize it. See attached image. From my understanding, a "income certification" would mean that the embassy would look at all your supporting financial documents and "certify" you meet Thai Immigration's income requirements.

It's a shame that Thai Immigration won't give a clear answer on whether they'll still honor Income Affidavits issued in late 2018 y the US Embassy (and other embassies) to be used in early 2019. Many of us got Income Affidavits from the US Embassy believing they would be valid for 6 months and still acceptable by Thai Immigration for Retirement Visa renewals. I suppose the best tact is to wait till there are field reports filed y Thai Visa members during this month and next on how Income Affidavits are treated. Accepted or rejected. 

IncomeAffidavit.JPG

• Like 1

What does "in case of (6)" mean?

I imagine this has already been asked in previous posts, but I looked through about 10 (of 41) pages and didn't see any reference to this.

Anyone have an idea?

Never mind! I found the answer. It "grandfather's" in ex-pats who have had an OA continuously since 1998.

Edited by billsmart
Added some information.

4 minutes ago, MikeOKitches said:

You're saying that the phrase "income certification certified by the embassy or consular" should be interpreted to mean it's the equivalent of this document known as the "Income Affidavit?"

Yes it is the same for all intents and purposes. Immigration will still accept it/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Don't understand the reaction.

What I want and ready to pay 5000 ThB is that somebody ( agent ) do my work :

Taking copies

Going to Austrian Consulate with my passport and documents ( Proof of government pension and proof Office of Pension transfering monthly +/- equivalent of 80000 ThB on Belgian bankbook ) to get L.o.I.

Going to Immigration with my passport and all necessay documents

I will collect my passport with extension of 1 year as picture of myself has to been made.

So nothing illegal is involved.

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were intimating the TH 5000 was tea money for the agent and TI visa overlord to "process" all of the "paperwork" (wink, wink). Based on my misconception, I chuckled since that figure of TH 5000 is absurdly low, since the going rate is 3 to 5 times that amount.

I apologize. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billsmart said:

What does "in case of (6)" mean?

This in clause 2.22 in police order 327/2557.

"(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:"

• Thanks 1

Quick question: if I transfer 480,000฿ in one month does this equate to the 12 month average of 40,000฿? So if ,my income averages 0-39,999.99฿/month, in the final months I can just transfer the difference from 480,000฿?

As usual, I'm sure a few 1,000฿ notes forgoes any real scrutiny anyway.

Edited by ChokDee4213
That "pension" vocab got me again. Same same income, I guess in this context.

39 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

I only got through the first 15 pages of this thread and finally gave up reading, so if my question has already been addressed, please excuse the redundancy. Most all of my money in Bangkok Bank is in a USDollar Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Savings Account. I can have immediate access to the funds and can exchange the dollars by teller or through my online banking account, and the funds have been on deposit for nearly two years. The account total far exceeds even the 800,000 Thai Baht requirement, but will Immigration allow that type of account? Since one US Dollar has lost 4.6 Thai Baht since it's most recent high in 2017, if I were to exchange enough dollars to equal 800,000 baht, should that be required, I will theoretically have an opportunity loss of 115,000 Thai Baht given that I could leave the money in dollars and exchange it at a much higher rate in the years to come should it go back to that 2017 high. Since we were required to state US Dollars on our US Embassy Income Affidavit, it would seem only logical to me that Thai Immigration would accept a USD FCD Savings/Fixed Deposit Account just the same.

I am only guessing here.  You will need a bank letter that says you have a 800K in the bank.  If the bank can issue you that letter based on your foreign currency deposit, I see no reason why immigration won't accept it.  The bank should have no problem computing a daily balance of 800K or more over that 3 months, if the balance does fall short on any day, they cannot give you that letter.  I hope this makes sense to you.  You will have to confirm this with TI and your bank.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This in clause 2.22 in police order 327/2557.

"(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:"

It's the grandfathering clause.  The part of the order that allows old-timers (people who have been on continuous annual extensions of stay since a particular date) keep the old (and much lower) balance requirements to obtain their annual extensions of stay.  Hopefully, if the requirements are raised in the future there will be a similar grandfathering clause that will apply to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davhend25 said:

I'm from the U.S. I live in a small village in Eastern Thailand (Chanthaburi Province).  I currently withdraw monthly about 35,000 baht from my local Bangkok Bank ATM. This amount covers all of my and my Thai partner's expenses each month. It also leaves me enough money in my U.S. bank account to cover my bills each month back there. 

If I transfer 65,000 each month into a Thai account, it won't leave me enough in my U.S. bank account to pay my U.S. based debts. So, I will need to transfer some back each month (which I'm not sure is kosher to the new law) What a headache!! I also don't have a Thai bank account, and from what I've been reading on this forum, and elsewhere, opening one is a giant hassle as well.  

I also don't have 800,000 baht to "park" in a useless Thai bank account...does anyone have the name of a good "Agent?"       

Not in any way offering a recommendation, but if you were to marry your Thai partner, the financial requirements would drop to 40,000 baht a month or 400,000 in a Thai bank account.  Just saying ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I like to go to several different places to eat and the food is great and it only costs around the 30-40 baht plus I like to ride a pushbike so I am a cheap Charlie in accordance of your stuck up standards. Oh, I almost forgot that I OWN an Isuzu pick up and a Honda Click as well. I have never had to swear a false declaration but I will find that this new system is a lot better than the old system.

Then the income rules changes do not affect you at all.  What's a few hundred bucks more a year in bank fees? ????

Edited by farangx

3 minutes ago, farangx said:

Then the income rules changes do not affect you at all.  What's a few hundred bucks more a year in bank fees? ????

I don't have any bank fees

My money is deposited directly into my Thai bank account from the Reserve bank of Australia which is the Australian government bank and there are no fees plus it is paid at a higher exchange rate than any commercial bank pays. So you are another one who does not know what they are talking about

9 minutes ago, Russell17au said:
16 minutes ago, farangx said:

I don't have any bank fees

My money is deposited directly into my Thai bank account from the Reserve bank of Australia which is the Australian government bank and there are no fees plus it is paid at a higher exchange rate than any commercial bank pays. So you are another one who does not know what they are talking about

Okay, then how do the new rules affect you financially?  And believe me I do know some are sensitive on issues like this.

Edited by farangx

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That was just a preliminary rough translation of the amendment. The one posted is in this topic the important one to read.

Supposedly yes. But as I pointed out before, read it again!! It states "...since January 2019, to proceed to good orders and INconsistent procedures..." Unfortunately, it is the inconsistent procedures (and English translations) that lead to confusion!

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The local branch sends everything to the main office in Bangkok. They scan the SF 1199A form and send it to Manila by email. That is how it was done when I opened my direct deposit account.

But what if you already are receiving benefits to another bank?

You obviously do not need to fill out an initial set up form, do you?

I would think you would have would just need to complete a direct deposit service application form and open a direct deposit savings account and fill out and send a change of bank details for your direct deposit or call SSA and give them the new bank details-correct?

2 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

Supposedly yes. But as I pointed out before, read it again!! It states "...since January 2019, to proceed to good orders and INconsistent procedures..." Unfortunately, it is the inconsistent procedures (and English translations) that lead to confusion!

luckily English is not the language of the Thai govt

15 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

12 minutes ago, farangx said:

Okay, then how do the new rules affect you financially?  And believe me I do know some are sensitive on issues like this.

Well, when one day the AUD will drop a lot more and your Australian pension does not meet the 40K you need for the monthly amount. The 400K method is currently much safer I feel but I suppose I better learn how to use the Reserve bank of Australia method to save on a few fees.