CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Click on the link at bottom of OP
Section 2.22

Ah ok... But this link bring to a previous thread on the subject, but an old one already, with many mistakes and suppositions, including this "average" on Retirement. Forget it :sleep:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

For retirement extensions of no more than 1 year evidence of average monthly income of B65,000 is required.

That was just a preliminary rough translation of the amendment. The one posted is in this topic the important one to read.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There's still a loophole here.

What's to prevent certain people from transferring back to home country the 65000 at end of month and then transferring in again for next month?

Nothing :cool:

But again the aim of this amendment was not to fix loopholes,

but to open a new option for those who can't have an Embassy Letter anymore... Done. :smile:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I don't see it :unsure:

Average is only for Marriage, not Retirement... AFAIK.

WM_3.jpg.8ff9e68bf174cd5dd1fcd91db0aa954

Looks like "average" is not here this time.  Which is good for TI because "not less than" eliminates dealing in exchange rates.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bdenner said:

Been using Baht Smart for some time now for my AUD transfers. My KBank statements shows these funds coming from a variety of sources. eg.

DUMMY BRANCH

Chang Mia Branch

Head Office

Etc

Nothing actually showing an international transfer.

So what now???

Give TransferWise a go. Dunno about AUD and Oz, but those of us transferring from USA using TW shows as "International Transfer". 

11 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There's still a loophole here.

What's to prevent certain people from transferring back to home country the 65000 at end of month and then transferring in again for next month?

Then all you need is a maximum of 65000 per month.

You'd be clobbered by bank charges. Tx between spouses, adult children or 2nd accounts held locally would probably suffice in due course if need be.

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Give TransferWise a go. Dunno about AUD and Oz, but those of us transferring from USA using TW shows as "International Transfer". 

It may also depend on which Thai bank it is sent to.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, damascase said:

‘Maybe my embassy will also see the light and cancel the certification letters. The rules should be the same for everyone?’

I don’t understand: you would like your Embassy not to issue these letters anymore? Do you understand that the result would be that the Dutch would loose the current - and future - option not to keep 800k in a Thai Bank or bring in 65k monthly?

Sorry i do not see any problems with this at all.Makes it easier for people,only deal with the bank and IO.The embassies closed a window and the Thai Immigration opened a door imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jvs said:

Sorry i do not see any problems with this at all.Makes it easier for people,only deal with the bank and IO.The embassies closed a window and the Thai Immigration opened a door imo.

No, it does NOT make it easier................. Haven’t you read the relevant topics?

Edited by damascase
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, damascase said:

No, it does NOT make it easier.................

Sorry i realise it will not make it easier for everybody.

It would be easier for me and a lot of people i know.

Can you elaborate on why it would not be easier for you?

2 hours ago, skatewash said:

In the world of Bangkok Bank transaction codes BTN [sic] stands for BAHTNET (Bank of Thailand Automated High-value Transfer Network).

-- https://www.bot.or.th/English/PaymentSystems/PSServices/bahtnet/Pages/default.aspx

I would imagine that Kasikorn's BTN stands for the same thing as in the case of Bangkok Bank's BTN.  This is not particularly good news because it basically means that a domestic (not international) transfer has taken place between one Thai bank and another Thai bank.  This may not be recognized by your bank as an international transfer and it, in fact, seems to be a domestic transfer using the Thai BAHTNET network.

It's not clear from what you say what you are using exactly to transfer the money from the UK to Thailand.  SWIFT?  TransferWise?  If you were using TransferWise then yes opening and using an account at Bangkok Bank would show the correct FTT (Foreign Telegraphic Transfer) transaction code you want (because Bangkok Bank is the bank TW uses in Thailand -- at least at the moment).  However, if you're using SWIFT to make the transfer than that may indicate a specific problem with Kasikorn Bank and you would be best advised to talk with them directly.

Thanks for the possible answer about the code. 

My money is transferred from the UK by Citibank the bank the UKgov uses for state and civil service pensions how they process that I assume is swift but couldn't be 100% sure.

I just checked an old statement and found that back in June when I transferred funds direct from my UK bank the same code showed up so it is not just my pension it would be any funds I move here. From this I assume it must be something at the Kasikorn end so I will have to try and take it up with them if not a change of bank will be in order. 

Thanks again for trying to help. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jvs said:

Sorry i realise it will not make it easier for everybody.

It would be easier for me and a lot of people i know.

Can you elaborate on why it would not be easier for you?

Well, this has been dealt withbover and over here, but the essence is that with the income letter, I have to prove my net income to the Embassy and subsequently the letter issued is accepted by Immigration for the retirement extension as long as the verified net income is beyond 65k Baht per month. The big difference with the other options is that I do NOT have to put that amount in a Thai bank account, monthly.

Edited by damascase
Typo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NavaJauvana said:

Could anyone please confirm based on reading of an official document or from personal experience at Chaeng Wattana this month, that the 400K/800K baht baked in the bank remains a viable qualifier for receiving the annual extension for marriage/retirement? 

The option to show money in the bank is still available. That has been asked and been answered more than once in this topic and the other long topic about the amendment to the police order.

• Like 2

I only got through the first 15 pages of this thread and finally gave up reading, so if my question has already been addressed, please excuse the redundancy. Most all of my money in Bangkok Bank is in a USDollar Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Savings Account. I can have immediate access to the funds and can exchange the dollars by teller or through my online banking account, and the funds have been on deposit for nearly two years. The account total far exceeds even the 800,000 Thai Baht requirement, but will Immigration allow that type of account? Since one US Dollar has lost 4.6 Thai Baht since it's most recent high in 2017, if I were to exchange enough dollars to equal 800,000 baht, should that be required, I will theoretically have an opportunity loss of 115,000 Thai Baht given that I could leave the money in dollars and exchange it at a much higher rate in the years to come should it go back to that 2017 high. Since we were required to state US Dollars on our US Embassy Income Affidavit, it would seem only logical to me that Thai Immigration would accept a USD FCD Savings/Fixed Deposit Account just the same.

Edited by fittobethaied

1 minute ago, fittobethaied said:

I only got through the first 15 pages of this thread and finally gave up reading, so if my question has already been addressed, please excuse the redundancy. Most all of my money in Bangkok Bank is in a USDollar Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Savings Account. I can have immediate access to the funds and can exchange the dollars by teller or through my online banking account, and the funds have been on deposit for nearly two years. The account total far exceeds even the 800,000 Thai Baht requirement, but will Immigration allow that type of account? Since one US Dollar has lost 4.6 Thai Baht since it's most recent high in 2017, if I were to exchange enough dollars to equal 800,000 baht, should that be required, I will theoretically have an opportunity loss of 115,000 Thai Baht given that I could leave the money in dollars and exchange it at a much higher rate in the years to come should it go back to that 2017 high. Since we were required to state US Dollars on our US Embassy Income Affidavit's, it would seem only logical to me that Thai Immigration would accept a USD FCD Savings/Fixed Deposit Account just the same.

A foreign currency deposit account in Thailand does qualify providing balance remains above equivalent of 800k baht during the seasoning period. (Likely based on the rate at the time the application for extension is made).

2 minutes ago, NavaJauvana said:

Could anyone please confirm based on reading of an official document or from personal experience at Chaeng Wattana this month, that the 400K/800K baht baked in the bank remains a viable qualifier for receiving the annual extension for marriage/retirement? 

If you want your question CONFIRMED then go to your local immigration office and ask them because this thread is about the NEW requirements for the future visa extension applications that are on the income based system only and it has been said many times in the last 40 pages. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, evadgib said:

You'd be clobbered by bank charges. Tx between spouses, adult children or 2nd accounts held locally would probably suffice in due course if need be.

It's stated that the money must come from outside of Thailand.

The banks will ignore local transfers. They will only include those transactions with overseas marked on it in their bank letter.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

The old system didn't require even money to transfer -- I guess the Thai IMM folks got tired of that.

The old system is far worse because there are many people who swear on false affidavits.

I have seen many of these people who go for cheap meals like 20-30 baht and riding bicycles even though they have 65000 money transferred every month?

If they really have 65000 baht per month, they can even buy a small car.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Not easier- currently simply go to Thai ATM and withdraw 65K plus when ever I need it. Pay 220 Baht- that's it.

Now-

Each month- call US Bank- get code- then go to online banking- fill out all info each month- Wait 3-5 days to show in overseas account-Swift transfer- $40 per month/  

Immigration day- go to bank get letter- keep Passbook updated.

The simple way was the ATM withdrawals- if Immigration wanted proof- show One page of US Bank statement which shows date ; amount and location of withdrawal- backed up by Overseas Debit cards. They understand it- because they asked me for proof of just that some years ago even when I had the Embassy Letter.

This new system will cost a monthly overseas call- waiting on line for the activation code- then a $40 x 12 fee. Then add the wait time for the money to arrive.This is double what I would have spent using the ATM.  

In the end, the new system only proves one has money to transfer- not income.  Actually, worse than the Embassy Letter.

I don't blame Thai Imm- they have changed nothing- Let's see how individual Thai Immigration offices interpret this.

What he said....

Rather than trawl the thread. Can someone just explain if the combo method is still an option. 

I have 50k (thb) every month from UK and have approx 300k sat in the same account. Therefore this should satisfy the combo "rule" if it is still allowed. 

Many thanks in advance