CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

Then you or the branch need to mail the completed deposit sign-up form to the Manila SSA office. 

The local branch sends everything to the main office in Bangkok. They scan the SF 1199A form and send it to Manila by email. That is how it was done when I opened my direct deposit account.

14 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Your Brits are different to mine. Maybe because, unlike you, I don't spend much time in bars and never at 8am. My Brits spend most of their time supporting their families here and ensuring that their children have a more happy and fulfilling life than they otherwise would have done.

They ain't my Brits -- and if I see them at 8 AM it is when I pass by the bars returning from swimming which I do several times a week. And there's nothing to say those sitting there drinking at 8 AM and bored out there minds do not support families as well.

It is just that for some, it is a matter of self-reliance to able to do things without resorting to knowingly being involved in a bribe of a public official. If it doesn't bother YOUR Brits, that's up to them.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

They ain't my Brits -- and if I see them at 8 AM it is when I pass by the bars returning from swimming which I do several times a week.

Yes right, I believe you, thousands wouldn't. 555

40 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No need to watch this space. It's January now, new police orders are out and still make accommodation for embassy letters. If othe embassies were going to rescind their letters, they'd have done it by now.

Ah, which could be a cue for: 'Ok, TI have confirmed they have a new system in place, we can now pull the letters with too much fuss'. Let's wait and see a bit.

Edited by Moonlover

4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

2-3 times a week 1200 - 1500 meters each time. 30 meter salt water pool.

Ok Buster, I said I believe you! I swim 5 days per week and do 1k each time + gym + sauna + steam.

Salt water pools are for wusses. Fresh water for me every time.

Edited by Spidey

3 minutes ago, balo said:

Make it simple. 

Just use an agent..

Some like the satisfaction of DIY (doin' it yourself) and nuts to the agent. And it make take a day or so out of your otherwise busy existence here in LOS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Says TMB (THB) for banking partner but also says delivered via SWIFT - doesn’t show any Banking Partner Reference

On my statement just as above ‘Transfer Deposit (Other Bank)

For the one Transferwise tranfer I did to my Krungsri account Transferwise also used TMB as their partner for the final leg of the transfer....and it was "not" coded as an international transfer when hitting my Krungsri account.....coded as just any ol' domestic transfer.   

In fact out of courtesy I did a domestic transfer from Bangkok Bank account to my Krungsri account and the coding appearing on my Krungsri account was the same a the Transferwise account....that is, just a plain ol' domestic transfer. 

Yeap, depending on which banking partner Transferwise decides to use and/or which Thai bank your account is at determines whether the transfer gets coded as an international transfer or domestic transfer on your passbook/ibanking.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gregsmithy said:

My Kasikorn account does not show my UK civil service pension as intl it clearly says on the statement Domestic Money Transfer and a code BNT0000 so it looks as though it is hit and miss with KK depending on which UK bank the money comes from. I am not looking forward to the hassle involved in proving the money source to get the required letter so I may try opening a Bangkok Bank account as most seem to think they are more likely to show intl transfers on statements.

Cant find out what the code BNT stands for so a visit to my local branch may help but I'm not holding my breath.

In the world of Bangkok Bank transaction codes BTN [sic] stands for BAHTNET (Bank of Thailand Automated High-value Transfer Network).

[BAHTNET] is a financial infrastructure serving for Real-Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) of large value funds transfer between financial institutions or other organizations maintaining deposit accounts at the Bank of Thailand (BOT)

-- https://www.bot.or.th/English/PaymentSystems/PSServices/bahtnet/Pages/default.aspx

I would imagine that Kasikorn's BTN stands for the same thing as in the case of Bangkok Bank's BTN.  This is not particularly good news because it basically means that a domestic (not international) transfer has taken place between one Thai bank and another Thai bank.  This may not be recognized by your bank as an international transfer and it, in fact, seems to be a domestic transfer using the Thai BAHTNET network.

It's not clear from what you say what you are using exactly to transfer the money from the UK to Thailand.  SWIFT?  TransferWise?  If you were using TransferWise then yes opening and using an account at Bangkok Bank would show the correct FTT (Foreign Telegraphic Transfer) transaction code you want (because Bangkok Bank is the bank TW uses in Thailand -- at least at the moment).  However, if you're using SWIFT to make the transfer than that may indicate a specific problem with Kasikorn Bank and you would be best advised to talk with them directly.

Edited by skatewash
corrected FTT code

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:
14 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Gee I guess you win.

It's the nature of being a Brit. Born winners! 555

Right -- 'His Majesty's dominions, on which the sun never sets'. (1829) Well it sure does now and the pound sterling along with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

It's not clear from what you say what you are using exactly to transfer the money from the UK to Thailand.  SWIFT?  TransferWise?  If you were using TransferWise then yes opening and using an account at Bangkok Bank would show the correct FFT transaction code you want (because Bangkok Bank is the bank TW's uses in Thailand -- at least at the moment).  However, if you're using SWIFT to make the transfer than that may indicate a specific problem with Kasikorn Bank and you would be best advised to talk with them directly.

Bangkok Bank is only "one" of the bank TW uses in Thailand.  They also use TMB and Import/Export business unit at K-bank.

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

The ENTIRE POINT of these topics is the change in income method because the letter will be gone in six months for US, UK, Australia, Denmark. For Denmark it is already gone!

There are in fact other countries that provide this letter....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

That's what the OP says, but it's false.

You don't have to transfer 65k monthly if you use an Embassy Letter as proof of income.

Unless you are UK, USA, Aus or Denmark. Dooooh.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

4. If you cant come up with $2000 a month, or dont have enough liquidity to come up with $25 large, then you need to figure out a way to skirt the rules. I guess this is what this thread is about.

Well, this needs to be embedded in a thread.  A thread that does not look off topic.  So far the help has not been forthcoming, otherwise the pages would stop growing.

35 minutes ago, balo said:

Make it simple

Just use an agent... :jap:

I am thinking about this, at 70 I get lazy.

I transfer monthly more than enough. I am Belgian so can get a L.o.I. at the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya.

But I have to go there, than have to go to Immigration, than have to go again the day after.

Wonder if an agent can do this for less than 5000 ThB and I sit easily home ( or in another nice place ).

So nothing "outlaw" to do by the agent.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can use your income affidavit to apply for your extension. The directive clearly states they will be accepted.

There is also a directive that states they are valid for 6 months.

Chaeng Wattana immigration will certainly accept it.

Is there any word yet as whether or not the Udon Thani Immigration office is still accepting valid Income Affidavit letters?

At the US Embassy outreach in Udon, in November 2018, where I purchased my Certified letter for Retirement extension in March 20 renewal, the embassy official said the Udon office had told him that they were not going to accept these after the START of 2019.

Thank you,

Pawpcorn

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

Bangkok Bank is only "one" of the bank TW uses in Thailand.  They also use TMB and Import/Export business unit at K-bank.

OK, but since BBK is one of the banks TW uses in Thailand, if one had an account at BBK then that's what would be used, right?  In other words, sending a TransferWise from a UK bank to your BBK branch would result in an FTT code, right?

In a similar manner, if one had an account at TMB and sent a TransferWise request from the UK to their TMB branch then it would show up as whatever code TMB uses for such transfers (hopefully indicating it's of an international nature).

The problem, as I understood it, is that if you are using a non-TW affiliated bank in Thailand then there's a strong likelihood that TW will use one of its banks in Thailand as an intermediary bank and then when one looked at the transaction code on the non-TW bank it might very possibly indicate the transfer was domestic (because it was between two Thai banks) rather than the desirable international transfer code.

I'm not sure how the K-bank works for TransferWise.

There does seem to be evidence that when one has a BKK account and uses TW to send money to that account that it shows up with the desirable FTT transaction code.  That's why I was suggesting doing that.  It may be that one can get the same international transfer code at other Thai banks but I have not information to support that.

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

My choice with all these new rules will be very easy.

Stop the Spouse/Retirement visa and look for a house/appartment in Spain.

Many foreigners will look for cancel their Visa and look to live in a neighbouring country.
Eventually with making visits to Thailand on a tourist visa.

In the first place, you cannot cancel an expired visa. 

Since the extension to remain here is only for 12 months, it is hardly long term.  And that presents to the foreigners options to live elsewhere.  You don't need new rules to to that.

3 minutes ago, Pawpcorn said:

Is there any word yet as whether or not the Udon Thani Immigration office is still accepting valid Income Affidavit letters?

I am sure they will accept it since a it is allowed according to the amendment posted in the OP of this topic.

The info you were told was long before the change approved last month.