Two Russian Women Killed At Jomthien Beach

george

Two Russian women killed at Jomthien beach

police investigators believed that the Russian tourists probably quarreled severely with a beach chair concessionnaire which led to the later violence.

So if you sit five minutes on a beach chair and forget to pay the owner you get shot now...unforgettable Thailand, for sure :o:D ...well Immigration will be glad to have 2 less visa to extend :D

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairy tales about 'Russian mafia' again... I stay here for several years, but I've never met them. You did?

Been in Moscow several times as well. When you say living standard is a lot higher then in the surrounding states you might be right, but in my humble opinion their living standard is still a lot behind the one Thai people enjoy...

Living standard in Moscow is same with Hong-Kong or Singapore now (this is official info). In past it was not...

In Thailand, only Russians give 1000 Baht (one thousand Thai baht) tips to hotel staff for opening door... :o

VERY classy guys ..... first thing you do is cast doubt on the 2 victims!

Why not? You have to admit the whole thing is very fishy. Loss of face is one thing but it's hard for me to believe that two women were killed by a beach concession guy who just happened to have a gun laying around. I'm well aquainted with Thai cultural "quirks" but I feel something is definitely amiss.

Let's all hope it's not a spur of the moment killing over some heated argument. If that is the case, we are certainly living in a very dangerous place.

VERY classy guys ..... first thing you do is cast doubt on the 2 victims!

Why not? You have to admit the whole thing is very fishy. Loss of face is one thing but it's hard for me to believe that two women were killed by a beach concession guy who just happened to have a gun laying around. I'm well aquainted with Thai cultural "quirks" but I feel something is definitely amiss.

Let's all hope it's not a spur of the moment killing over some heated argument. If that is the case, we are certainly living in a very dangerous place.

For a farang, Thailand is fast becoming a dangerous place: the government is making it more and more difficult to do business here, more difficult to have a long-term visa here, more difficult to own property here and more and more farang are the targets of Thai bullets. Maybe Vietnam will be a better choice...far fewer murders!

the record of shootings & murders of tourists in Pattaya shows that nobody needs a reason to shoot ,there are any number of psychos and hoodlums running around with guns . anyone on the beach at that time is asking for trouble. Thais know that but tourist dont .

Fairy tales about 'Russian mafia' again... I stay here for several years, but I've never met them. You did?

Been in Moscow several times as well. When you say living standard is a lot higher then in the surrounding states you might be right, but in my humble opinion their living standard is still a lot behind the one Thai people enjoy...

Living standard in Moscow is same with Hong-Kong or Singapore now (this is official info). In past it was not...

In Thailand, only Russians give 1000 Baht (one thousand Thai baht) tips to hotel staff for opening door... :o

It's still mostly the elite New Russians who have the money to travel and they are usually not so different from the corrupt Thai hi-so families who profit off of corruption.

The living standards aren't even vaguely comparable to the developed asian city-states. Most of Russia is still poor and undeveloped. It's the few % of people living in Moscow and St. Petersburg who can attain even remotely the same standard of living as Hong Kong and Singapore.

Economic stats from all 3 countries from the CIA worldfactbook:

Russia

GDP - per capita (PPP): dictionary.jpg listing.jpg rankorder.jpg

$12,100 (2006 est.)

Hong Kong

$36,500 (2006 est.)

Singapore:

$30,900 (2006 est.)

Moscow has the same cost of living as Singapore and Hong Kong, are you sure it has the same standard? And how do you know these girls are from Moscow anyway, I'm sure you know Russia is a rather large place. And why do you think just because you cant see something its not there. Do you believe those types of people want to shout it off the rooftops what exactly they are up to?

Jake

Edited by madjbs

If you look at the photos these girls had full makeup, not normal for someone just going out for a swim after getting out of bed at 5am.

These girls had been out all night, what were they doing between the hours of 2am when the bars closed and the time they got shot ? the beach is a dark dangerous place at that time as they found out.

1) to those who say, 'why all the armchair detectives and no sympathy for the victims?' Get real: we've all seen so much death in the news since we were kids that who honestly has any feeling left when we see it yet again?

2) 5am...drinking whisky & coke on the beach...Russian bimbos (well, this is basedon the recent photos--of course I don't know if they were 'bimbos' or not)...Thai perp on a motorbike.... Are there even chair vendors at that hour? What incentive would the vendors have to get out of bed at that hour when no chair rentals begin until the sun is up? To me the idea it was a hit by a vendor is laughable. I just wonder if the Russian gangsters (if that's who was behind it) gave some cops a case of Johnny Walker to say, 'we think it was a chair vendor....'

Just seen Russian news - those girls come from Kemerovo, that is industrial hub in Siberia.

Siberia? In your opinion what is the standard of living there, not one to assume, but I'd say it's not as rich as Moscow by any length of the imagination. (granted does have vast natural resources)

Just seen Russian news - those girls come from Kemerovo, that is industrial hub in Siberia.

Siberia? In your opinion what is the standard of living there, not one to assume, but I'd say it's not as rich as Moscow by any length of the imagination. (granted does have vast natural resources)

It is exactly natural resources area. Posts with lot of job offers 1000 USD per month... not so bad.

Here is what I see.

Two young beautiful russian women. Wearing full makeup (despite reports saying they had been swimming). Sitting on a beach at 5am with Thai whiskey. Trying to watch a sunrise that would appear behind them.

There is an extra empty chair that is set up facing them. Someone had likely had some conversation with them.

One was shot once in the back at close range. From the reports of the guard it seems she was shot first. There are then some screams followed by 4 gun shots.

The other was shot three times in the stomach and once in her arm.

Both seem caught by surprise and didn't put up much of a struggle.

There is a cell phone on the table so they were likely expecting a phone call. The cell phone and money were not stolen so this was not an armed robbery. It appears to be a very nice cell phone. A robber would have taken it in a heart beat.

Apparently they were traveling alone. (This strikes me a little odd.) If they are travelling alone why are they expecting a phone call at 5am?

They had been at this location for at least an hour prior to the attack.

There are tracks of combat boots at the crime scene.

OK, lets continue with the speculation.

1) to those who say, 'why all the armchair detectives and no sympathy for the victims?' Get real: we've all seen so much death in the news since we were kids that who honestly has any feeling left when we see it yet again?

2) 5am...drinking whisky & coke on the beach...Russian bimbos (well, this is basedon the recent photos--of course I don't know if they were 'bimbos' or not)...Thai perp on a motorbike.... Are there even chair vendors at that hour? What incentive would the vendors have to get out of bed at that hour when no chair rentals begin until the sun is up? To me the idea it was a hit by a vendor is laughable. I just wonder if the Russian gangsters (if that's who was behind it) gave some cops a case of Johnny Walker to say, 'we think it was a chair vendor....'

You and I and a lot of other people are wrong, I just got it from a reliable source that the BIB have tracked downthe the beach attendant and he has been apprehended and is spilling his guts. It seems the girls were verbally abusive and he took offense to it. His solution was bang, bang, bang, bang.

The guy was just a Ting Tong Thai and probably high on Yabaa. I hope they have capital punishment in Thailand and he gets 2 sentences of death. It does not matter what these girls were doing here no one deserves to be killed for offending or verbally abusing someone.

There must be SOMETHING else to this story, otherwise it would be too ridicilous but even so possible I guess. Yes, there are 3 more chairs and a table on the beach. So I don't think these ladies arranged them there by them selves. Aither they had joined group of others or had arrived there after some other party had left. Also, why the blond one doesn't have any top on? Can see only one glass, why are they in a perfect order, in line on the table?

To demand money to sit there in the middle of the night would be ridicilous but not uncommon I guess. Most of the uneducated Thais have this imprint in their heads that it's perfectly OK to milk tourists, farang as well as rich thais, as much as you can. And it's a long line, not very WELCOMING... Propably the first thing tourists encounter in this country, and in many others. I'm sure the guy demanding money is not always the owner too. Happens also in Bangkok in some car parking areas, some guy just decides to appoint him self as the owner of the land, which he's not, and asks money for parking. So it's not a surprise they re building more and more of those walled luxury resorts around SEA, no hawkers but peace. Holidays in isolation, what could be better. This kind of events re-enforces some tourists more or less racist attitudes to avoid the local population as much as possible.

Edited by sonnyJ

You and I and a lot of other people are wrong, I just got it from a reliable source that the BIB have tracked downthe the beach attendant and he has been apprehended and is spilling his guts. It seems the girls were verbally abusive and he took offense to it. His solution was bang, bang, bang, bang.

The guy was just a Ting Tong Thai and probably high on Yabaa. I hope they have capital punishment in Thailand and he gets 2 sentences of death. It does not matter what these girls were doing here no one deserves to be killed for offending or verbally abusing someone.

This story looks realistic :o

Leave screemplay about hookers and Russian mafia for Holywood...

The guy was just a Ting Tong Thai and probably high on Yabaa. I hope they have capital punishment in Thailand and he gets 2 sentences of death.

If he is spilling his guts and confessing then if Thai legal history is anything to go by then he will get a life sentence that will be pardoned after 12 to 14 years in jail. Remember the policeman who killed the two tourists at the bridge over the River Kwai and did a runner? He was earmarked for execution until he fessed up and showed remorse and confessed etc...

I agree about no-one deserves to die for verbal abuse and maybe someone should start teaching the rhyme about sticks and stones to the Thai's seeing as they behave like kids most of the time. This for me is just more evidence that Pattaya is a place to be avoided these days and Phuket ain't far behind.

Edited by Casanundra

I agree about no-one deserves to die for verbal abuse and maybe someone should start teaching the rhyme about sticks and stones to the Thai's seeing as they behave like kids most of the time. This for me is just more evidence that Pattaya is a place to be avoided these days and Phuket ain't far behind.

Seconded

One was shot once in the back at close range. From the reports of the guard it seems she was shot first. There are then some screams followed by 4 gun shots.

The other was shot three times in the stomach and once in her arm.

What is the source for this?

The guy was just a Ting Tong Thai and probably high on Yabaa. I hope they have capital punishment in Thailand and he gets 2 sentences of death.

If he is spilling his guts and confessing then if Thai legal history is anything to go by then he will get a life sentence that will be pardoned after 12 to 14 years in jail. Remember the policeman who killed the two tourists at the bridge over the River Kwai and did a runner? He was earmarked for execution until he fessed up and showed remorse and confessed etc...

Referring to THai legal hitory he's propably just a scape goat, paid or free.

Thai Deck-Chair Attendant verbally abused for several days by Russian girls who loved to bathe and drink 3.00-7.00 every day at the same spot in the same unpaid-for deck-chairs. Thai guy not happy, (relationship problems), (money problems) necked some uppers, delivered fatal shots.

No Russian mafia stuff.

The sad fact is, most above posters actually don't want to believe that random acts of violence can occur anywhere in Thailand.

Firearms are available for all who want them.

Thailand has the Third largest death toll by firearms (wars excluded) after R.S.A. and Columbia.

U.S.A. are sixth.

Thai Deck-Chair Attendant verbally abused for several days by Russian girls who loved to bathe and drink 3.00-7.00 every day at the same spot in the same unpaid-for deck-chairs. Thai guy not happy, (relationship problems), (money problems) necked some uppers, delivered fatal shots.

No Russian mafia stuff.

The sad fact is, most above posters actually don't want to believe that random acts of violence can occur anywhere in Thailand.

Firearms are available for all who want them.

Thailand has the Third largest death toll by firearms (wars excluded) after R.S.A. and Columbia.

U.S.A. are sixth.

The crime is all the more shocking due to the unextraordinary details leading to the act. Anywhere... Anytime...

The Nation

"Police said they were shot and killed on beach chairs on the Jomtien Beach at about 5 am. A security officer of a nearby resort said he heard gunfire and saw a Thai man rushing up from the beach and fleeing on a motorcycle. He checked the beach and found the two Russian women lying dead on the beach chairs."

What brave chaps these Thais are when they have a gun against two women sun bathing in deck chairs or when there are 12 of them kicking a drunk farang on the ground. No wonder their military is so pathetic - beaten by Laos in 1988, nealy beaten by Burma a couple of times and too cowardly to send reinforcements to help patrols under fire in the South.

Couldn't agree more with this post - the fact is most Thai people are cowards. I used to think Thai people were caring, kind and genuine. It's amazing how quickly you change your opinion of them when you actually come to live here!!!!