Ford Ranger - 4 months old and rusting

jcartermad

I purchased a New Ford Ranger Wildtrack from Ford Roi-Et 4 months ago. Prior to delivery the dealer, (or Ford) damaged the vehicle and repaired it and then sold as new. There is paint spray all over the underside and wheel arches. Worse still the chassis is showing signs of rust / corrosion. Two paint blisters have appeared on the hood / bonnet. The paint is so soft you just touch it and it marks. The dealer refuses to do anything stating all this is normal. Defective paint, corrosion and selling a damaged car as new. NORMAL? Ford customer services have been useless in dealing with this and just ping pong me back to the Roi Et Ford dealer. The dealer has now blocked me on Facebook, SMS and removed reviews from their website. The dealer was quick to take my 1.2m baht but now wants nothing to do with rectifying matters. SEE VIDEO BELOW. 

My advice - avoid Ford Roi Et at all costs. Don't rely on Ford Customer Services. (We have the support of the Thai Consumer Board and are taking the dealer and Ford to court.)

Letter sent to Ford Customer Services - No reply. 

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:18 AM
To: Contact, Fordthai (F.) <[email protected]>; 'johnandnoi' <[email protected]>
Subject: Dissatisfaction with Ford Ranger from Roi Et Ford

I have been trying to resolve the issues with my brand new Ford Ranger Wild track for over 5 weeks and all that happens is that Ford Roi Et and Ford Customer Services, (sic) keep bouncing me back from each other. Nothing gets done.

I have made a video of the paint and corrosion issues on my truck. The main points are:-

1. Roi Et damaged the truck before delivery and failed to tell me. There is orange paint over spray all over the underneath / underside / wheel arches of the truck. THIS IS NOT A NEW TRUCK – it is a damaged truck, (that no one would buy if they new) sold as a new truck and full up money. 1.2 m baht.

2. Corrosion or rust has developed on the chassis of the vehicle. This is not normal after 4 months

3. Paint is falling off the chassis of the underside

4. The load liner fixing screws for tying things down are coming loose – cross threaded?

5. The screws on the Ford mud flaps are falling out

6. THE PAINT IS SO SOFT IT DAMAGES EASILY

7. Two paint blisters have developed on the hood suggesting rust / corrosion from the inside out

8. The rear bumper is misaligned

In addition to all this when every I complain Roi Et Management refuse to speak to me.

1. They have never supplied my 5 year free service plan documents

2. They never carry out a vehicle health check

3. They put white paint on the drivers seat

4. They never wash the vehicle

5. I ORDER GENUINE FORD WHEEL ARCHES AND THEY FITTED UGLY NON FORD ONE of which the alien keys holding them on are coming loose. I DREAD TO SEE THE PAINT WORD UNDER THE WHEEL ARCH COVERS.

I cannot think of a worse dealer experience and I ran 3 Ford dealers in Cambodia, 5 dealers in the UK and have managed many other dealers worldwide and as said – I have never found a worse dealer.

You, Customer Services, do nothing and refuse to give names of people who might assist me. No service manager Ford Thailand, no Sales manager or Customer Service Director. Everybody in Ford is running away from this matter.

I purchased a NEW TRUCK – Ford made a truck that corrodes in 4 months, has paint that is too soft and the Roi Et dealer damages the truck, sells  it as new and try’s to hide the matter.

I demand a new truck, undamaged. I paid for a new truck. I want what I paid for.

The video will be posted on YouTube and the Ford Ranger Club. I will make a banner of the photographs and stand outside you building in Bangkok unless someone phones me and seeks a solution. Watch media for video in every possible place.

I have been polite, never raised my voice, nor used bad words but my patience is wearing thin.

SOLVE THIS ISSUE PLEASE or just say no and I will see you in court.

Be warned - avoid Ford Roi Et. See YouTube  https://youtu.be/LAQV2F3AXC8

• Like 1

I would keep up bothering Ford here, but I wouldn't destroy the vehicle in front of the dealer or Ford. If it has a warranty surely somebody should handle that and your issues?

If after a decent amount of time nothing happens from Ford, I would find a really good company and pay for repainting the vehicle, at least you would still have your one million plus truck especially as you like certain things about it. Good luck.

• Like 2

I WOULD NEVER DESTROY MY VEHICLE. That would be a supreme act of stupidity. Good news but kiss goodbye to 1.2 m baht. Best keep hammering Ford and going the legal route. Please post my video on as many sites as you can so many people can see what a rotten vehicle it is under the car. I just want Ford to replace the vehicle, (because of rust on a 4 month vehicle will only be bad luck in 5 years time). Same as the faulty paint work. It will only get worse and worse. Needs getting rid and replaced. 

On the MUDFLAPS one screw is missing, the other screw/bolt is rusty. 

On the comment about an office job. Yes it was. General Manager Aftersalesc looking after 18 dept in Scotland with over 300 staff. I saw plenty of front line service, parts and body shop tasks. 

Yes, it is buyer beware but I still don't know of people who use torches to check the underneath of vehicles upon delivery. 

My wife and i were excited to get this Ranger. I never had it ramped and highlighted. 

3 minutes ago, jcartermad said:

The rust on  the MUDFLAPS is paint over spray . Evidence where they damaged the truck pre delivery and painted the underside. It is Orange paint. Same as the car exterior. Rubber cannot rust - surely? 

Ford haters may claim otherwise....  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jcartermad said:

I paid CASH for the truck so NO redress to a finance company. 

Why did you not check the thing out properly, carefully and thoroughly before handing over that cash, or taking delivery.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

My wife had the misfortune of buying the Fiesta, but after 3 gearbox replacement/repairs it is still running. She'll never buy another one. I had a tire issues with Mazda, not as bad but still nothing was ever done, despite contacting Mazda head office, and Dunlop Thailand and internationally, not even "thank you for your inquiry". Deny, deny deny as Black Adder stated and you'll never see the manager!!!

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, connda said:

I bought one Ford during my lifetime.  Live and learn.

I bought one Ford as well....I still have it after 6 years....it's worth next to nothing and is a crap ride but it runs, so it is ok as a spare car. I"ll never but Ford again, poor service at the dealership, poor quality motors and heavy depreciation compared to any other brand on Thai roads....what's to like about Ford?

I must say that the styling of the trucks is nice, but the poor quality is too much of an issue. Buy Toyota if you must have a truck.....buy Honda or Toyota if buying a car. Nothing else comes close at the price.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jcartermad said:

I like the engine and running gear of the truck. It is just the rust and paint that is the issue.  

i DIDNT  buy  a  Ford  as  their  paint finish  was  so awful, worst  orange  peel of any manufacturer,  i  too  looked  at  the 2.0biturbo 1.265 million.

Theyll  tell  you  theyll "fix  it".............dont  let  them.

Anyway  good  publicity for Ford eh

Free undercoat spray to the  frame!!

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Why did you not check the thing out properly, carefully and thoroughly before handing over that cash, or taking delivery.

Do you do a full inspection under every vehicle that you buy?

Define what you mean by "properly, carefully and thoroughly" completely strip down, full inspection of every component and then re-assemble?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JaiLai said:

Do you do a full inspection under every vehicle that you buy?

Define what you mean by "properly, carefully and thoroughly" completely strip down, full inspection of every component and then re-assemble?

You know what I mean.

In UK before you buy a vehicle, you can have the RAC (Royal Automobile Club) engineers come to give it a good proper inspection.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Because...

3 hours ago, jcartermad said:

... My wife and i were excited to get this Ranger. I never had it ramped and highlighted. 

Stuff happens.

• Like 1