New Forest At Jomtien

Rimmer

Anybody know anything about the new trees being planted at the back of Jomtien? Someone is throwing an awfull lot of money at maybe 25 rai to create what will be a very lovley forest.

Anybody know anything about the new trees being planted at the back of Jomtien? Someone is throwing an awfull lot of money at maybe 25 rai to create what will be a very lovley forest.

Hi Rimmer,

Can you give more precise details on the location please? Many palm trees were being stored near to the "lakes" area for a while. The trees were supported upright and their roots wrapped temporarily until they could be planted elsewhere........for example, within the new Sports Centre.

This is a forest of REAL trees, they are being put in by hugh crains and more appear every day. A fleet of water tankers is employed full time filling up the bowls around the bottom and so far it looks like they are all starting to grow. Great stuff

Go along the back road from Soi Wat Boon past the sports stadium, about 1 or 2 k before you come on to Theppasit Road is the "new forest on the right hand side. Can't miss it, it's really quite BIG. :o

I passed by the area today. The trees don't look like "condo trees" as they're not decorative palms. They do look like forest trees and, yes, there are a lot of them. Maybe it's the continuing construction of the Jomtien Water Park and that the gravelled road leads to an area of water pits.

I passed by the area today. The trees don't look like "condo trees" as they're not decorative palms. They do look like forest trees and, yes, there are a lot of them. Maybe it's the continuing construction of the Jomtien Water Park and that the gravelled road leads to an area of water pits.

Right it's not a condo or housing development, if you go inside there is a large lake dug out. As you say it could be part of the Water Park, that makes good sense. In any event it's sure going to be nice having that on our doorstep. It will make a nice change from looking up at the O1 tower... :o

Right it's not a condo or housing development, if you go inside there is a large lake dug out. As you say it could be part of the Water Park, that makes good sense. In any event it's sure going to be nice having that on our doorstep. It will make a nice change from looking up at the O1 tower... :D

Maybe you won't have to move after all :D

I'm ###### sure it isn't a new condo development.

That'll be the day, when the first thing they do in a new development is plant trees :o

If its the one I am thinking of its a Lake and Golf Course being built, there are Thai Rice Barges that are also being converted to floating hotel rooms.

Very wealthy farang developing it.

Ahhh So that's it, I've seen the rice barges and wondered how they got there but what you say about a golf course will account for the little hills being made out there.

:D-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2007-03-02 02:32:27)
.... It will make a nice change from looking up at the O1 tower... :D

What has happend to "O1", have they started it yet???

BB

Don't believe they have even done soil tests yet. The site is still a storage yard for building materiel.

Got two big fancy banners up with pictures on the fence though :o

The place is owned by a German bloke, reputedly the owner of Knauf (big gypsum company).

Land he owns there is about 512 Rai....

Are you sure Monty? I stand corrected but I thought that piece and most of the land round here is owned by A Chinese Thai gentleman. VT/Majestic get all their land stock from him.

The place is owned by a German bloke, reputedly the owner of Knauf (big gypsum company).

Land he owns there is about 512 Rai....

Are you sure Monty? I stand corrected but I thought that piece and most of the land round here is owned by A Chinese Thai gentleman. VT/Majestic get all their land stock from him.

I think there is a little bit of confusion here... :D

I think Monty was referring to the place of the trees not O1 :D

had a look on the Internet and they are still selling units, due to be completed 2010... and they have moved it as well, looks like they will be knocking down the Jomtien Thani... :o

http://www.fairproperties.com/web%20maps/Ocean-Tower.html

BB

I was indeed referring to the big plot of land with all the trees being planted :o

I have no idea who owns the O1 location...

Personally, I have serious doubts of the feasibility of that building, but then again, not a whole lot of business decisions are dictated by common sense over here :D

I was indeed referring to the big plot of land with all the trees being planted :D

I have no idea who owns the O1 location...

Personally, I have serious doubts of the feasibility of that building, but then again, not a whole lot of business decisions are dictated by common sense over here :D

Ahhh right :o Yes that could be right, I think he also has something to do with the 'Flamingo' race team, jet boats and such.

Agree about O1 tower, will never happen. Nice banners on the fence though :D