Big Boat Accident In Phuket Again.

nasa123

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

From now on all chinese tourists will get a double portion sticky rice with their mango.

Ploblem solved.

or at double portions of whatever it takes to make'm fart!

more tummy gases, more bouyancy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tifino said:

or at double portions of whatever it takes to make'm fart!

more tummy gases, more bouyancy

Okay okay, they also get 2 green mango's each before they go onboard...

6 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Authorities still won't admit the root cause of all these accidents. Incompetence and lack of training.

Even if these people were trained, they would ignore it as they know better.....

After thelast huge boataccident which killed 50 chinese and injured another 50 the officials were as serious as it gets for thai understandings.

Even Prayuth himself went there to inspect the boats iirc...and the governors and so...

But even for this week i lost count how many tourist boats have sunk in Phuket.

Guess there will be another dip in the chinese tourist numbers soon. Or maybe they can keep it out of the newspapers?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Authorities still won't admit the root cause of all these accidents. Incompetence and lack of training.

Even if these people were trained, they would ignore it as they know better.....

In particular if any foreigner would offer some help to improve.

8 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Okay okay, they also get 2 green mango's each before they go onboard...

After thelast huge boataccident which killed 50 chinese and injured another 50 the officials were as serious as it gets for thai understandings.

Even Prayuth himself went there to inspect the boats iirc...and the governors and so...

But even for this week i lost count how many tourist boats have sunk in Phuket.

Guess there will be another dip in the chinese tourist numbers soon. Or maybe they can keep it out of the newspapers?

I counted all tourist boats sunk in Phuket this week: exactly 0.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Yes of course, but you're in the boat business....i'm not surprised steven.

You claim so many boats sunk you forget how many, I told you none sunk.

Your comment was nonsense.

43 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

and always look for the laziest way to do anything...

• Like 1

Yes, this incident was reported, but I fail to understand why it hasn't been reported under 'Thailand News'?

Possibly because it will interfere with the New Year.  

We shall see.

Here's another link:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/speed-boat-carrying-chinese-tourists-crashes-into-oil-tanker-off-phuket-1-seriously-injured/

2 hours ago, akirasan said:

And a free tuk tuk voucher valid for a one way trip to hospital

Nope, they will make the travelinsurance plus healthcare insurance mandatory for all foreigners. That's a win-win so they can make some bucks out of it.

24 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Yes, this incident was reported, but I fail to understand why it hasn't been reported under 'Thailand News'?

Possibly because it will interfere with the New Year.  

We shall see.

Here's another link:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/speed-boat-carrying-chinese-tourists-crashes-into-oil-tanker-off-phuket-1-seriously-injured/

Because it is under Phuket news.

14 hours ago, stevenl said:

I counted all tourist boats sunk in Phuket this week: exactly 0.

Yes, but remember the Phuket people know this! 

Its very 'important' to have ill-informed comment from Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Nakon Nowhere, overseas, etc as the people who don't live here know EVERYTHING (and also tend to post on all the 'Phuket is sh1t' threads as well) ????

well. the boat with 10 pax was certainly not overloaded

I frequently drive boats on the Chao Praya river, including adjacent canals,

I see very very little stupid driving, most drivers drive well

Personally, I stay very far away from these speed boats.

Most of them are built in cheap plywood and then coated with a very thin layer of GRP.

Marine plywood is not available in the Thai market.

Those boats are not safe.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

well. the boat with 10 pax was certainly not overloaded

I frequently drive boats on the Chao Praya river, including adjacent canals,

I see very very little stupid driving, most drivers drive well

Personally, I stay very far away from these speed boats.

Most of them are built in cheap plywood and then coated with a very thin layer of GRP.

Marine plywood is not available in the Thai market.

Those boats are not safe.

Another news outlet states 12 injured, but I can't find anything about total numbers on the boat.

Not arguing about the cheap construction of the speed boat, but despite heavy damage after ramming a larger steel hulled vessel, it surprisingly didn't sink.

The most flawed part of the boat was the fool driving it.  On a bright, still day he managed to hit a large, slow moving vessel head-on! 

I sometimes wonder if these idiots know the rules of the sea when passing another vessel, or if they just presume it's the same as on the roads.

13 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Another news outlet states 12 injured, but I can't find anything about total numbers on the boat.

Not arguing about the cheap construction of the speed boat, but despite heavy damage after ramming a larger steel hulled vessel, it surprisingly didn't sink.

The most flawed part of the boat was the fool driving it.  On a bright, still day he managed to hit a large, slow moving vessel head-on! 

I sometimes wonder if these idiots know the rules of the sea when passing another vessel, or if they just presume it's the same as on the roads.

yes, similar to the US destroyer that crashed off Singapore couple of years back, slow moving vessel.

I have a first class Thai skipper ticket, good for fairly large boats, 60 gross tons if I remember correctly.

My knowledge about the rulez and how to drive was quite thoroughly checked before it was issued.

the commonality between Thai roads and Thai sea water is that both are for left-hand-side driving,

whilst all inland waterways employ right-hand-side driving.

23 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes, similar to the US destroyer that crashed off Singapore couple of years back, slow moving vessel.

I have a first class Thai skipper ticket, good for fairly large boats, 60 gross tons if I remember correctly.

My knowledge about the rulez and how to drive was quite thoroughly checked before it was issued.

the commonality between Thai roads and Thai sea water is that both are for left-hand-side driving,

whilst all inland waterways employ right-hand-side driving.

Thanks for that. Didn't realise the rule was different at sea in Thailand.

I'm fairly sure international maritime regs, and in Australia,  state that you pass to the starboard.

No wonder there are so many collisions here.