How to empty motor cycle gasoline tank?

scorecard

Coming soon plan to send motor cycle (Honda, bigger bike) by Thai Post Chiang Mai to Pattaya.

Already aware the tank needs to be empty.

Any suggestions of best / easiest way to empty the tank appreciated.

Also, are any members aware of any other actions needed before taking the bike to the Post Office?

Thanks.

Turns out we don't have to empty the tank, the post office take care of that and they also wrap the battery in something not flammable. All part of the service.

Plus PO will pick it up at our house in Chiang Mai tomorrow and deliver it to the address given in Pattaya, and they will call in advance, about 5 to 7 days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Turns out we don't have to empty the tank, the post office take care of that and they also wrap the battery in something not flammable. All part of the service.

Plus PO will pick it up at our house in Chiang Mai tomorrow and deliver it to the address given in Pattaya, and they will call in advance, about 5 to 7 days.

That sounds like a good door-to-door service. Can you tell us what size bike and what cost?

5 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

That sounds like a good door-to-door service. Can you tell us what size bike and what cost?

It's a bigger Honda, the actual model and cost I can share tomorrow afternoon. 

Not many people know the Thai PO will also pack and send a whole house of furniture etc., to pretty much anywhere in Thailand, a couple of friends have used this service and been very impressed with their professionalism, their reliability etc.., plus the overall speed. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Never knew they did door-to-door, everyone I know thats done it had to take it to the PO and collect it from the PO the other end. Sounds like you got a great service.

Yes.  I've asked them if they do door to door for motorcycles in the past and they have said no. New service?

Just now, ricklev said:

Yes.  I've asked them if they do door to door for motorcycles in the past and they have said no. New service?

Possibly, but given the inconsistency in so many things in Thailand, anything is possible ????

On 2/21/2019 at 1:39 PM, pedro01 said:

Letting my brother-in-law borrow it usually does the trick.

MC already picked up at house in CM, Honda PC8 150 cc, 2,500Baht door to door, destination about 20k outside pattaya on the way to Rayong, delivered within 7 days, they call in advance to ensure someone available to accept delivery etc.

• Like 1