USA social security websites not opening

Hello and thank you for reading. I live in Udon Thani and cannot open any government websites regarding applying for SS benefits. Including the link sent to me by the SS office in Manila, socialsecurity.gov. Is anyone else having this problem? Is simply states that the site is not responding. Thank you.

• Confused 1
16 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

I could not get it to open also. I live in Jomtien and use 3BB. After 100 try's over a few weeks, I finally went to a internet cafe and it worked there for me.

Happen to me(tot) ! Internet Cafe works fine! The SS website can only be accessed during certain hours as well

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, riclag said:

Happen to me(tot) ! Internet Cafe works fine! The SS website can only be accessed during certain hours as well

The public SSA website is open 24/7.  But the mySSA Logon webpage is not open all hours....like the O-dark early hours US East Coast time.  You can still reach the logon site but will get a page saying they are closed during certain hours....and list those hours....but you will not get a error message like site unreachable or something like that.  If you get a message like site unreachable/etc., then that's a local ISP or DNS problem.

• Thanks 1

It is an issue with 3BB.

I can't open any .gov sites on my computer or phone with my 3BB internet connection, but when I leave my house and try to open anywhere else on my phone, it works fine. My phone is True service.

Bottom line, can open if you don't use 3BB as an internet connection.

3BB seems to be an issue. I could not even get to the home page of SSA last year but had no trouble with a 7 day free trail VPN. About six months ago I tried it without the VPN and it worked just fine. I just tried the above link and it is still working without the VPN and I still have 3BB.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

14 hours ago, racyrick said:

It is an issue with 3BB.

I can't open any .gov sites on my computer or phone with my 3BB internet connection, but when I leave my house and try to open anywhere else on my phone, it works fine. My phone is True service.

It's not as simple as that. The link opens fine for me with 3BB in Lamphun, and as you can see from post 8 UbonJoe had problems on True.

Sophon

6 hours ago, Sophon said:

It's not as simple as that. The link opens fine for me with 3BB in Lamphun, and as you can see from post 8 UbonJoe had problems on True.

He did write this.

21 hours ago, racyrick said:

I can use my phone if I turn off wifi and go to data on the phone using TrueMove and open  the sites on it.

It is only using my True internet connection that I have a problem.

As mentioned earlier I currently have no problem reaching the SSA public or mySSA online account webpages using my AIS Fibre connection with Thai IP address....never had such a problem using AIS Fibre for the last 2.5 years or so I've been with them.

Now this morning my AIS Fibre went down for an hour so I continued on via a hotspot connection via my smartphone using DTAC...tried reaching SSA websites and could not until I established a VPN connection with a US IP address. 

And I remember about 5 years ago when I was on a True DOCSIS/cable internet plan for about 6 months I could not reach several US govt sites such as SSA without a VPN connection with US or Singapore IP address....but then one day that problem just went away and I could reach those sites without VPN.

• 8 months later...

I just chatted with a friend of my Thai wife.  He lived in USA for a long time but moved back to Thailand in the past year.  I mentioned that I thought I would need a VPN to access SSA after we move to Chiang Mai.  He told me that initially he couldn't get to the SSA website but when his ISP upgraded his speed it now worked with no problem.  He lives in Chaochengsao province and his provider is 3BB.

7 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I gave up on it. I tried a year or so ago and it wouldn't work and I've tried it on and off since but it's hopeless.

Works fine for me...and the wife. 

It's just your Internet Service Provider and/or DNS.  To get around the problem just use a U.S. VPN connection.

Now we don't need a VPN connection to connect but years back with True I did need to use a VPN connection for a few months.

Edited by Pib