Stranded in Thailand

46 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Suspect what you like but the reason was that I was not repatriating earnings and, as I said, have no work permit.

I have PP also bit it's no good of the seller doesn't!

The post you linked to does not teach anything at all about transferring funds out of Thailand!  He was asking a question about whether it was possible.

you sound angry, if the money you want to transfer came from outside Thailand and you can prove it then what's the problem ?

just keep beating yourself up while the rest of us carry on and do things you think are not possible - funny 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I've seen it stated several times over the last few years that to transfer/withdraw funds from a Thai bank it's essential to be able to show documentation that the funds were initially transferred from an external foreign bank into the Thai bank, or they suspect one was working illegally.

But now several posters are stating that one must have a work permit to be able to empty account by transferring out.

So that means everyone with 800k in a Thai bank cannot get their money out?

Doesn't seem correct but eager for clarification.

I find it just weird that only one person seems to have an issue - I wouldn't read too much into it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have yet to see any government that is kind, sympathetic and understanding. So I guess you cannot possibly expect anything from them. If a new civil servant who was kind in doing his job he would soon be told by his senior that it was not the way to get the job done.

I am talking from experience because I had suffered injustice by the governments of 2 different nations( I cannot mention the countries) I have no way to seek redress. Though it was not a big or serious matter nevertheless I felt insulted.

I told my teenage son if he wants to work for any government after he graduated he could leave this house now. I don't intend to bring up my son to work for any government. Relating the matter here while I am typing I can sense my anger rising from my belly.

I hope you will be able to sort out your problems. My sympathy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

I am with you on this angle, Thai's even immigration aren't that cold blooded thus i think OP is panicked for little reason.

"Thai's even immigration aren't that cold blooded".   Really?? They certainly are from what I have heard.

• Like 1

Why did immigration refuse to renew your visa? 

You can consider other countries in South East Asia, it's not like Thailand is the only cheap country in the world.

Thailand is no longer cheap and not as welcoming as in the past.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Nonsense post, immigration 90 day medical is for everyone who cannot travel, as long as they can provide a doctors cert to verify that.

Please stop posting incorrect facts, nobody is attacking your precious Thailand, just stating the truth.

I personally went to Soi Suan Phlu wth a medical certificate twice (180 days in total)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elgenon said:

Good to hear they speak English. Years ago I had a difficult time buying a train (excellent trains) ticket to Bangkok. No one spoke English at the beautiful station in QL and there were no signs in English directing me to line I needed to be in to buy the ticket. Also, when I got off at the border to change to a Thai train, no one spoke English in the ticket booth.

Made for a very interesting trip.

It's different now?

There are different ethnicities in Malaysia. Usually the ethnic Chinese would speak better English than the Malays.

If you find that you can't buy any train tickets from their booth, you can always go to a Chinese operated shops to buy the tickets or buy it online, their website is also in English.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

my Thai girlfriend just got back from Malaysia and she said English was spoken everywhere she went.    

Just like at the Thai Immigration Office

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

I am with you on this angle, Thai's even immigration aren't that cold blooded thus i think OP is panicked for little reason.

sorry but have to disagree with  (Thai's even immigration aren't that cold blooded ) after what I have seen IM inspectors behavior, they really are cold blooded people more like snakes their only only goal is  $$$$$

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I very much doubt that is what Immigration actually said, or meant.  Of course they would have been correct if you, your family or your doctors didn't make use of the official procedures that are in place (I know, I've used them) to accommodate people in that situation.

I know Colin personally, and he knows what immigration has said or meant through his wife, and she is

very highly educated and would understand exactly what immigration said or meant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

is malaysia medically cheaper than los ??

wbr

roobaa01

I can only tell you this:

Doctor visits in Malaysia at the general clinic are advertised at 150 to 300 baht and prescription glasses at the mall, ready in one hour, start at 300 baht.

(In ringgit of course I'm making the conversion)

In Thailand I saw a doctor for 50 baht at a general hospital but it took 7 hours so the next time I went to a private and paid 700 baht.

I'm sure others here have more first hand experience and I'd be interested to hear it.

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

If the Op can't afford to stay in Thailand, he won't be able to afford Malaysia.

Cheap and excellent healthcare in Malaysia? Go and try it.

Grass is not greener ....

I've seen signs for 150-300 baht doctors visits in Malaysia but thankfully have no need to "try it" at present. ????

I've heard, tho, that the healthcare is some of the best in SE Asia.

Where then would you suggest for someone who "can't afford Thailand" to go for quality medical care???

I'm eager to see THAT list. My guess is it isn't a big one...

Edited by YogaVeg

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Did you read the OP?

Would you go to these countries if you're in poor health?

i am in poor health myself, last thing i want to do is sleeping on a concrete floor in a detention cell, i would never make it up on my feet again.

i am in too poor health to move back to europe,

so vietnam it is for me if i can make the trip.

just like OP, i would be able to scroll down the back support in the pickup,

so it is less painful than it sounds

Edited by brokenbone

I was told my requirements were too high.. I am sure I will figure something out when I leave for good but it is not worth the hassle for a passport rin.

Well taking this on face value, there is nothing that stops you travelling by air if you require oxygen. 
I've travelled millions of miles through my working life and and seen many passengers with an oxygen tank

Dear

what to say...I feel the same after living and mostly working in Thailand for more than 23 years; serving the country and Royal family on many occasion. Spending money and time in Thailand counts for nothing in the Country, never had. 

My advise would be to talk open to your immigration about your case and see what happen: there are many good and carrying Thai's out there (even in Immigration), and maybe you get lucky.

• Like 1

You are a good person. Thank you for your advice.

With the greatest respect to yourself....the "step" they took is nothing compared to what immigrants have to go through in most other countries, including my own in Western Europe, in order to live there for a long period. "It is not personal"...just tightening things up.
  Having said that, I prey things work out well for you and you get back home safe and sound ...eventually.
PS ..I have developed the habit in life of trying to have an "Attitude of Gratitude" and look for the things I have to be grateful for rather than focusing on the negatives. In your own case ...you are finally "stable"...How much worse it would be if you were destitute.

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You're suggesting that if someone on extensions (no WP) brought in 800,000 from their overseas bank for their visa extension, and they decided to leave in the following year they wouldn't be able to repatriate their money? 

I was repatriated from Thailand recently to my home country with little notice.

When I got home I expected to go online to Bangkok Bank and transfer my 800,000 baht back to my home country bank. Just reversing the original process.

It wasn't going to happen!

All expats need to have an exit plan in place!

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

When I got home I expected to go online to Bangkok Bank and transfer my 800,000 baht back to my home country bank. Just reversing the original process.

you can only do it in the branch

deemoney allows you to do it online but you need to set it up before leaving

46 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Sounds like the only way to get back the money is the inconvenience of having to fly back in at some point. 

I guess there could be all sorts of difficult scenarios for people unable to access their money, for instance if someone had to travel at short notice back to their home country for health reasons and was unable to travel again.

• Like 2