Big Joke: E-cigarettes are bad for you and they are illegal

webfact

4 hours ago, a977 said:

The vaping fluid is imported into the country so it comes under immigration

I've never seen a passport let alone a visa for any brand of vaping fluid.

It might come under customs but immigration, don't think so?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Vaping helps people stop smoking cigarettes. Vaping is 0.5% as harmful as cigarettes. 

I am not claiming they are harmless, but in comparison to real cigarettes, they are effectively harmless. But you're right, I do have a vested interest, my health. 

As an ex smoker I welcome the idea of another method to quit smoking. The problem with this situation is that it being a underground activity and the fact the world is full of unscrupulous people, the possibility of substandard materials being used in both the liquid and the charge units increases. Even if I did vape, I would not be using some street market material to breathe into my lungs - who knows what's in the solution? There also has been countless tales of batteries/chargers burning people when they've failed. To eliminate the thousands of chemicals from smoking by vaping while quitting is in the right direction but the gear has to be top notch and fully inspected, not like in this situation. 

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Would be good if he also provided some medical study to back his assertion it was bad for you.

But got to love the irony , after the fiasco he raids a few dozen shops to prove the point .

what is more ironic is that he is the boss of immigration and last time I checked immigration had nothing to do with raiding shops for illegal products 

one might start to think BJ is the boss of all police as he is involved in all sectors of it from immigration to road blocks 

Do you really need medical evidence to show they are bad for you?.

Their is  nicotine in these things, so yes they are bad for you.

• Sad 1

The problem with vaping is the addictive nature of nicotine.  I had a friend quit smoking went to vaping wound up in the hospital 2 times due to heart racing from all the nicotine in fact the company JUUL the major American supplier and now owned by Marlboro prides itself on its nicotine salts 10 times more powerful than normal.  vaping should be required with a doctor's prescription to help people quit smoking it should not become an alternative.  And for years JUUL has been targeting the teen market.  Sound familiar?

Edited by tlandtday

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do you really want to post rubbish without having any clue at all?

Plenty of ejuice withOUT nicotine, incase you missed it nicotine 0, thats ZERO, thats no nicotine at all.

Next

How many people do you honestly believe are using vaping minus nicotine?