Thai people’s ideal prime ministers – Super Poll

webfact

Thai people’s ideal prime ministers – Super Poll

poll141.jpg

Thai people have different ideal prime ministers in mind and, as well as their idols, they have other favourite political options for the next prime minister of Thailand, said Mr. Noppadol Kannikar, director of Super Poll.

Super Poll surveyed 2,330 people from different occupations across Thailand between February 20th and March 2nd.  Respondents were asked about their ideal prime minister from among the prime ministerial candidates and were asked who else they think would best fill the top executive post.

The poll shows that, among those who voted for General Prayut Chan-o-cha as their first choice, 77.6% also picked Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, 75.7% voted for Bhumjai Thai party leader Anuthin Charnveerakul and 73.7% chose Seri Ruam Thai party leader Pol Gen Seripisut Temiyavej.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-peoples-ideal-prime-ministers-super-poll/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-04

what thais think, in this survey or the real election, don't matter at all as long as the military flexes their muscles as soon as they see an "undesirable" government where undesirable might mean a shinawatra-associated government. they're 2 out of 2 since 2006. coincidence, maybe?

22 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

what thais think, in this survey or the real election, don't matter at all as long as the military flexes their muscles as soon as they see an "undesirable" government where undesirable might mean a shinawatra-associated government. they're 2 out of 2 since 2006. coincidence, maybe?

Good that someone takes care that the criminal Shinawatras don't rule anymore.

Smart people wouldn't vote again and again for the same criminals. If they are so stupid and continue to do that then they should not be surprised if the military removes the criminals again.

I still wait that the parties of the criminal will be dissolved. What's the point of having parties run by a fugitive criminal from abroad?

49 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Doesn't tell us much: Why not release the figures of who got what percentage in the "First choice" poll- or are the results not favourable for Big P and so shall not be published?

First choice would have been anyone named Shinawatra.

Edited by BritManToo

2 hours ago, Reigntax said:

You convienently appear to forget the biggest criminals have been running the country under an amnesty for more than 4 years.

Thai politics has never been about the people's choice. It's about who the military can manipulate to allow themselves to milk the Thai economy for their own personal benefit.

And until the military are put in their rightful place, there will never be a decent PM nor government working for the good of the country.

The suggestion that the Shins were any more corrupt than the present self appointed incumbents is both niave and ignorant and fails to recognise and competently understand how the ruling class believe they are entitled to use and abuse both the majority of people and the country's resources.

Some people can interpret history for what it is. Some need others to explain it to them. 

Some will never get it no matter how many times and how obvious. That is the saddest part of Thailand and it's not only those locally bred.

Well said

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Smart people wouldn't vote again and again for the same criminals. If they are so stupid and continue to do that then they should not be surprised if the military removes the criminals again.

I still wait that the parties of the criminal will be dissolved. What's the point of having parties run by a fugitive criminal from abroad?

•  

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

if thai citizens share your sentiments, then this country should do away with elections altogether and just let the elites decide. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

whoever get elected as long as they change the dam immigration laws, not asking to stop corruption as this is in their bones and it would take 5-6 generations to get rid of it

Yes, change the immigration laws that will make foreigners welcome to pass their old days in Thailand. But still, weed out the ones with criminal intentions and criminal background, the bad ones. Most "resident" foreigners now feel that the government wants them to leave Thailand and some live in constant fear right now. Because, the big majority don't have 1'600'000 Baht idle on their bank accounts to fulfill the absurd requirements of the Royal Thai Immigration. Those who brag with having a lot of money, please refrain from attacking my post. My net worth might be higher than yours.

I am pretty sure the present non elected prime minister will continue as prime minister after the election. He had years to prepare his future after the coup he initiated. I do hope I am wrong, though.

Edited by Dario

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The poll shows that, among those who voted for General Prayut Chan-o-cha as their first choice, 77.6% also picked Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, 75.7% voted for Bhumjai Thai party leader Anuthin Charnveerakul and 73.7% chose Seri Ruam Thai party leader Pol Gen Seripisut Temiyavej.

Considering all the election relation activities and topics that are illegal, shouldn't his poll be a violation as well? Only election posters showing party nominations are allowed. Election related materials and topics are otherwise not allowed in advertising and TV for example.

Yet, such polls have the same effect of advertising regardless of their methodology and alleged results. They advise in essence who the possible campaign winners should be and that's campaigning.

Allow such polls, then allow open mulit-media campaign advertising.

3 hours ago, Chassa said:

Let Takki do his business up country and make sure his violent red mob never comes to Bangkok.

That would be a win win situation for everybody.

I like it quiet and peaceful on the streets without the looting arsonist red mob.

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let Takki do his business up country and make sure his violent red mob never comes to Bangkok.

That would be a win win situation for everybody.

I like it quiet and peaceful on the streets without the looting arsonist red mob.

Not if you living around Laksi and Chaeng Watthana where Issara pitched a fortress at Government Complex for 2 months and his goons attacked innocent bystanders who strayed near his encampment. Nor the 7 months of PAD occupation of Don Maeung and Government House. It was neither quiet nor peaceful at the 7 Bangkok shutdown sites too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Not if you living around Laksi and Chaeng Watthana where Issara pitched a fortress at Government Complex for 2 months and his goons attacked innocent bystanders who strayed near his encampment. Nor the 7 months of PAD occupation of Don Maeung and Government House. It was neither quiet nor peaceful at the 7 Bangkok shutdown sites too. 

I live near Asok. I never had any trouble with Suthep and his crowd. And I never saw any aggression from them.

They helped to get rid of Thaksin and his minions. Good!