EU's Barnier makes last ditch Brexit offer, Britain 'not impressed'

rooster59

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

Of course the Germans sell their cars elsewhere, but the UK is the biggest importer of German cars by a country mile. We import nearly 700,000 German cars every year, if you think that the German car industry shares your nonchalant attitude to the loss of sales of such magnitude, you may be wrong.

Why the UK imports so many cars ? One answer: their own cars are a disaster. Mini to Netherlands, Honda back to Japan, Nission to ? ( Airbus gone). What is left ? ? Sailing ships and steam engines  ?

The leftovers are too small in scale to survive, so matter of time, the British have to import all their cars ( when they still can generate enough money to pay for, as a LOT of "make"& grow industry will collapse) 

12 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

We are all in the ditch looking for Boris and the bus????

Oh, you mean that 350 million pounds a week for the NHS instead of wasting to 'Brussels'...

Ask Liar Boris, who already swindled his messages together in what he sent to the U.K. as correspondent at the EU. Did not change at all. Even Nigel ( grasp your EU pension together) Farange was astonished.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you British already have an idea, where you want the border between the UK and the EU ? In the Irish sea, or.. between N and S Ireland or ..50 miles SW of Cork or ? Same between the Channel Islands and France, same between Gibraltar and Spain ?  You had time to think over since mid. 2016.

That just shows what democracy means to you, sweet F.A.

Democracy means Leave is still the winner.
Leave 17,410,742
Remain 16,141,241
Losers complaint about a bit of overspend means sweet F.A. to me. The Election Commission too apparently as the result still stands. What spending rules did Remain break?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Do you British already have an idea, where you want the border between the UK and the EU ? In the Irish sea, or.. between N and S Ireland or ..50 miles SW of Cork or ? Same between the Channel Islands and France, same between Gibraltar and Spain ?  You had time to think over since mid. 2016.

No, that would mean having actual real world answers - we much prefer our imagined world where Britain still rules the waves and everyones else bends their laws  to suit us.

Hence no agreement on anything in parliament as everyone there has their own imaginary Brexit - no real world deal is going to suit a majority !    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Democracy means Leave is still the winner.
Leave 17,410,742
Remain 16,141,241
Losers complaint about a bit of overspend means sweet F.A. to me. The Election Commission too apparently as the result still stands. What spending rules did Remain break?

The result may still stand, but only because it was an advisory referendum. It's tainted enough that if it had been obligatory it would have been invalidated.

So as it's advisory, if there is no good leave solution we don't have to implement it at all.  

What spending rules did Remain break? - none !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, tebee said:

The result may still stand, but only because it was an advisory referendum. It's tainted enough that if it had been obligatory it would have been invalidated.

So as it's advisory, if there is no good leave solution we don't have to implement it at all.  

What spending rules did Remain break? - none !

The Government of the time leafleted every home in the UK stating the case for Remain. Taxpayer money was used to pay and many believe that was illegal.

The Referendum was not advisory and Cameron promised to see through whatever the country voted for. He changed his mind and ran away. May took up his promise, which demonstrated integrity on her part.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

Yes, seriously. Was it ballot stuffing, or rigging by miscounting? These would be serious allegations that the Electoral Commission should know about. I did hear some rumours about students double dipping with both home and Uni addresses being used. I also thought the government hid it rigged, but tell me more.  

No... the Russions did it.. before they looked around in Salisbury... of.. Trump's men...

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I’d expect that from Europe, masters at it.

We are all Europeans, even when Britain leaves the EU.  Something the Brexiteer masters remind of us every time they make their statements.  "We are leaving the EU, not leaving Europe."  I am sure that cheeses off a lot of Brexiteers ????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

A nice thought, but I'd be VERY suprised if MPs didn't vote to extend article 50 and the 'negotiations'.....

Negotiations  not have,  finished  . Junter  has spoken. 

Close  the bridges ,  and let UK starve .  Thanks brexitears .

Oh , i almost forgot ,  return UK soverignty rule.  another  Big Joke ..

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I didn’t know it hurts you that much that even a European guy in Bangkok knows what’s better for the UK. Maybe it makes you feel better when I tell you it doesn’t take much to know what’s better for the UK these days. 

My i humbly  suggest ,   we  should respect  the  opinions and decisions , of your average guy resident in the UK.

TVF  ,  posters  opinions , mean less than nought . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Topdoc said:

This is MB's fault. He is the negotiator and he has presented a deal that the UK cannot accept.
Keep in mind none of these EU 'officials' can be voted out of office.

Yes it's of course it's Barnier's fault…. so leave EU- fine - leave Ulster at the same time - problem solved.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The EU "is" not "are". It is a single entity. But a far from undemocratic one.

Are you familiar with how the EU actually works?

Yes, but I don’t think you’ll accept a supporter of Brexit telling you.

Though you might accept the veiws of a member of the Irish Parliament, who is anti British. Yet understands why we voted to leave this Undemocratic so called Union.

As i’m Sure you will realise, I certainly do not recognize his depiction of Nigel Farage and all those who voted UKIP. But will you accept his opinion of the E.u.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Caldera said:

Just let these fools exit without a deal and let them deal with the fallout. I don't see why the EU should waste time and resources on renegotiating. The EU will be just fine without the UK.

I don’t agree with you sentiment, however I do hope that you are correct regarding the outcome.

What you should know, is that the majority of those who support remain on this, and other Brexit threads are in fact like you, none Brits.

While those who do support our leaving this so called onion, are Brits.

Perhaps in time, you will come to realise that we have taken the correct step, and hopefully you and your likes, will soon realise that it’s in your best interest to follow us. After all that is what the unelected Bureaucrats in Brussels are afraid of.

CC1EED4D-6E7F-47CE-AB62-4EA9F5AEB889.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1