Britain in Brexit chaos - parliament crushes May's EU deal again

webfact

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I'm not sure what it has to do with brexit, but it seems by the tone of your posts that the British are not on top of your Christmas card list. All this happened over 75 years ago, I think you should let go if possible, it is not healthy to hold grudges againgst posters on this forum that couldn't how ever much you tried be held responsible.

sorry, it was a reply on a remark nr 302 of evadgib towards De Gauille, who bit the hand who fed him, 20 years earlier.  

Edited by puipuitom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I was answering CG1 Blue's (home goal) question.

But to address your point. 

It is the duty of the Government to deliver - they haven't. 

But there is now no practical and sane way to continue with brexit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

You'll need to explain that again slowly for 52% of our brethren. Otherwise they'll miss the sound points you are making. It is true that far too little attention is paid to MEPs, their selection, election and activities. We would not be in the current mess if the UK electorate were better informed.

It's OK...  it was slow enough the first time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

So what market sectors would you be inclined to protect and which would you subject to zero tariffs for the benefit of consumers?

Its not his job to decide that .

Experts within the government can decide that .

But I do believe that you are just asking questions , questions that people would have to have knowledge on the subject to answer , which most of us dont have and when you dont get a satisfactory answer , that will prove to yourself that you are really clever and everyone else isnt 

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is a suggestion as to what the money COULD be spent on , its not statement of intent 

So if you call a friend and say ‘let’s go to the golf course’ you don’t have the intention to go to the golfcourse?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

There are over 70 MPs in the EU Parliament from the UK.

I am sure that more than 90% of the electorate in the UK can not name 10 of their EU Mps.

I’m not sure we need any more evidence of the ignorance amongst the British public wrt the EU, but thank you anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure we need any more evidence of the ignorance amongst the British public wrt the EU, but thank you anyway.

Probably not so much lack of ignorance, more a lack of interest.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Easily the best speech in parliament for years! 

I'll reserve judgement til I hear it but IMO your 'Bringing the Country into disrepute' should not be levied in Farages direction as his actions have/will single-handily turn that lot inside out.  Action that is long overdue. 

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Boris 350 mln pounds.jpg

The big red  bus  must be saved  ,  you cant keep a good bus down , we have feelings you know .

It will  return soon,  in Tory  Blue  livery , plastered with new edition UK passports,

available from France ..  . Good   day trip on the  now blue bus , too collect your  new EU visa,   and beg forgivness ,

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, puipuitom said:

see google  Boris Johnson bus 350 million pounds for NHS

Boris 350 mln pounds.jpg

Unfortunately I've been busy all day, but I was waiting for this response. Maybe you have some trouble reading English, but it says:

We send the EU £350m per week. 

Let's fund the NHS instead. 

This is a suggestion that instead of sending millions to the EU we can choose to direct money toward our own priorities, such as the NHS. It does not say Let's spend £350m on the NHS as you had suggested. 

Furthermore, this was a campaign slogan and not a promise. Anybody who thinks Boris had the power in 2016 to promise where funds would be directed post-Brexit is naive at best. 

He was wrong to use the gross number anyway, but that's another story. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

There are over 70 MPs in the EU Parliament from the UK.

I am sure that more than 90% of the electorate in the UK can not name 10 of their EU Mps.

This is because the vast majority of the British population are not Europhiles, and have little interest in politics beyond our own Houses of Parliament. Most don't want or need a higher power.

We have never been enthusiastic about the EU. This is partly why we sat idly by while Major and Blair etc. sold us down the river with Maastricht and Lisbon. 

It's a shame the British public didn't wake up sooner to this, but better late than never. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

69CD7FC7-9F7B-4109-B376-9D618B75BCE7.jpeg

I was talking about the bus, but if this is a real picture and not photo-shopped, then fair enough. It still doesn't negate the fact he had no authority to allocate money, and it was just a slogan / suggestion. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Unfortunately I've been busy all day, but I was waiting for this response. Maybe you have some trouble reading English, but it says:

We send the EU £350m per week. 

Let's fund the NHS instead. 

This is a suggestion that instead of sending millions to the EU we can choose to direct money toward our own priorities, such as the NHS. It does not say Let's spend £350m on the NHS as you had suggested. 

Furthermore, this was a campaign slogan and not a promise. Anybody who thinks Boris had the power in 2016 to promise where funds would be directed post-Brexit is naive at best. 

He was wrong to use the gross number anyway, but that's another story. 

It was a clever marketing ploy, a word play giving Johnson the cover of "plausible deniability" ... unfortunately many people interpreted it as meaning that the NHS would receive this boost, and that is exactly what it was designed to do.