No Thais injured, killed in New Zealand terror attacks

webfact

No Thais injured, killed in New Zealand terror attacks

By The Nation

5a89b6bea36e5bedf84cef337526627f-sld.jpe

An undated file image shows Masjid Al Noor Mosque on Deans Avenue, the scene of a mass shooting, in Christchurch, New Zealand, 15 March.//EPA-EFE

No Thais were injured or killed in terrorist attacks on two crowded mosques in New Zealand on Friday, a spokesperson for the Thai Foreign Ministry said on Friday.

d578b243c594c5ce46197381a036eb3e-sld.jpe

Shocked family stand outside the mosque following a shooting resulting in multiple fatalies and injuries at the Masjid Al Noor on Deans Avenue in Christchurch, New Zealand on March 15.//EPA-EFE

Busadee Santipitaks said the confirmation came from the Thai Embassy in Wellington.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said earlier that 40 people were killed and 20 more were seriously injured in armed attacks on two mosques in Christchurch on Friday.

She described the incidents as well-planned terrorist attacks.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30365868

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-15

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Come on now, Thais are self, self, self self so what matters that other nationalities were poor innocents ?

You would also probably criticsise the Thais, had they NOT reported on whether any Thais were involved 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eligius said:

Oh, that's OK, then - forty human beings were killed, many others injured - but no Thais were hurt. Good to have our priorities straight.

No Thais were hurt, but nowhere it was stated that then it's ok. As for priorities, I think it's normal that a country looks first after their own.

There are more than 3,000 Thai full-time students in NZ, I'd expect a good proportion of them to be in Christchurch

Christchurch may be remembered by Thais as the location of the 2011 earthquake where six Thai nursing students died in the collapsed CTV building

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tragic event indeed! Condolences to all the families of the 49 killed by this White supremacist who must have been completely mad to commit such a barbaric act on innocent people attending Friday prayers at 2 different mosques. I hope that all those injured will survive. My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this terrible act and I call on all of us to show compassion towards our Moslem brothers and sisters whatever our own beliefs may be. This is not the time or place for cheap digs at the media or Thailand!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

16 hours ago, Eligius said:

Oh, that's OK, then - forty human beings were killed, many others injured - but no Thais were hurt. Good to have our priorities straight.

I think they have enough problems of their own, there is a DAILY massacre on the roads here everyday!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, poohy said:

Hideous news coming out of NZ But saying that

I would have actually been more surprised if a Stray Thai Muslim was at a mosque in New Zealand

The mosque in question was actually a Thai or Cambodian mosque, perhaps Laotian. I'm not sure as the script on the building is in a "strange font", but it is clearly a variation of Thai.

The english transliteration is "Wat KHEMARAPHIRATARAM" which sounds pretty Thai or Laotian to me.

Edited by Enki

On 3/16/2019 at 9:53 AM, ZeVonderBearz said:

Ok, which one of you white Kiwis is going to apologise to the Muslim world on behalf of all white Kiwis and the white race as a whole? Usually what the world expects of Muslim's.

Be careful. You are drawing attention to the elephant in the room.

From NZ media, nationalities of killed or wounded, include, but not limited to, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Turkey, Palestine, India, Saudi Arabia

Some had migrated to New Zealand decades ago, fleeing conflict or seeking a better life, while others were only in the Pacific country for short visits.

Some had migrated to New Zealand decades ago, fleeing conflict or seeking a better life, while others were only in the Pacific country for short visits.

Today, 12 noon Thai time, 6pm NZ an estimated 11,000 people attend a vigil in Wellington

1552803385522.jpg

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

I’m a white Kiwi and I am not going to apologize to anyone apart from the Muslims if one was there when I laid flowers along with thousands of other everyday Kiwis at the Tauranga Muslim mosque today. Nutters come into their doctrines from all religions, cultures and races. The apology would have been as a Kiwi to another Kiwi that we should all be safe in one of the most civilized countries on this earth. The reality as a Kiwi coming to terms with this is it does not matter one iota what religion, race, nationality, sex or whatever the perpetrator was but rather how to stop any nutter before they get on the loose and cause any damage to fellow citizens.
As for the typical usual cheap shots on this site, and the usual unanimous agreement from other posters with their likes at the Thais for advising their citizens on how they went about reporting the safety of their citizens some of you need to grew up. As a poster reported above six Thais died in our last tragedy so the need to report on a country that has a lot of Thai students in training centers such as Christchurch has its relevance. And more so when this attack was planned to when it had maximum world exposure by being undertaken on a Friday which is Muslems main prayer day. The mortality role has not been fully named as yet but a large percentage of those slaughtered were visitors to the country from a wide range of countries including other SE Asian countries. The perpetrator planned to that. The Bungladesh cricket team was fortunate as they were on route to the mosque. Before criticizing other countries, cultures, races or whatever stop and think as I did. My main relieve was based on one thing only the same as the Thais...thank god that none of my whenau were nowhere in range of this nutter. 

One thing for sure is that the overwhelming majority of Kiwis, and in particular your admirable Prime Minister, are doing your country proud. I wish I could say the some about my own country.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, Enki said:

The mosque in question was actually a Thai or Cambodian mosque, perhaps Laotian. I'm not sure as the script on the building is in a "strange font", but it is clearly a variation of Thai.

The english transliteration is "Wat KHEMARAPHIRATARAM" which sounds pretty Thai or Laotian to me.

Strange..... "Wat KHEMARAPHIRATARAM" is a Cambodian wat in Auckland!