Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

Just now, vinny41 said:

Petition and March numbers are still insignificant  compared to 17.4 million votes

Looks like we’ll soon be finding out how steady those 17.4 m votes are? Something to look forward to if you are so sure of the outcome?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

Looks like we’ll soon be finding out how steady those 17.4 m votes are? Something to look forward to if you are so sure of the outcome?

Yes , we will be having a General Election soon

• Like 1

The smallest % of signatories seem to be in Remainer-turned-Leaver @mattwarman’s Boston and Skegness - less than 1 in 50 have signed.

The geographical breakdown of the Revoke A50 petition. Strongest support: London, Oxford, Cambridge, M4 corridor and Scotland. Weakest: the Midlands, the North East, Welsh Valleys. A carbon copy of the referendum

Edited by vinny41
  • Confused 1

Almost three years later a great deal has changed, it will not be the same voters ... there will be plenty of young new voters, and some who failed to vote in 2016, but won’t make that mistake again. Not to mention the dead voters ... who voted for it but never seen it.

True but there was a report recently that stated the older a person get they get more conservative so there always a new batch of leavers to replace the ones that have passed over

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vinny41 said:

'I'd shoot her point blank': Former college lecturer behind cancel Brexit petition threatened to shoot Theresa May as series of her shocking posts are unearthed

Did not the BBC article say her facebook had been hacked? Maybe the Mirror now employs some ex News of the World investigative journalist.

I would probably post something like "I would like to shoot some of the Brexiteers on here", but I never would.

But I never have sent anyone threatening or abusive Letters, Emails, PM's, Texted or phoned.

Yet she had her Facebook hacked, received threatening abusive phone calls telling her to pull the petition, I doubt she can do that which just proves how lower form of intelligence we dealing with,  probably the same crackpots who have been threatening MP's, after what happened to Jo Cox I have no doubt that these threatening messages. 

And Guido Fawkes just a comic book for right wing extremists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

True but there was a report recently that stated the older a person get they get more conservative so there always a new batch of leavers to replace the ones that have passed over

I'm afraid not ... nice try, but no cigar.

• Like 2

Conservative like Michael Heseltine? And if you think through that logically how long would it take for the voting intentions of youth to change, compared to the dying Brexiters? They are both going at different speeds ... so not even close.

Michael Heseltine stand to lose £90,000 in  EU land subsidies

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1365120/RICHARD-KAY-Heseltines-900-000-EU-handout.html

We will see soon when a General Election is called 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Given his wealth its hardly a motivator.

I have never met a person that is wealthy turn down free money

"

He adds he has no qualms about receiving the subsidies, saying: ‘This is the whole basis of the European agricultural system. Without the agricultural support system, you would drive farming out of existence in this country. 

‘The fact that I am a wealthy man is quite irrelevant.’

• Like 1

I was wondering about emailing my MP when we know what votes will becoming coming up next week to tell him I am one of thousands in his constituency who has signed the petition, and will be watching how he votes.

but there again he knows I would not vote for him.

Looking at the figures broken down by constituency for those who have signed with an average 6585 per constituency from 1363 (Walsall North) to 28985 (Bristol West) and given many MP's only have a majority of a few hundred votes many MP's who are still in favor of leave must be very worried about getting re-elected.

There are 12 constituencies with over 20,000 signatures including: 

• Islington North, Rt Hon Jeremy Corbyn MP, 21,394
  • Richmond Park, Zac Goldsmith MP, 21,506
  • Holborn and St Pancras, Rt Hon Keir Starmer MP, 22,103
  • Hackney North and Stoke Newington, Rt Hon Diane Abbott MP, 22,198

On 3/23/2019 at 1:06 AM, geoffbezoz said:

over 3.1 million as of this mornings BBC reports.  Wonder if it will hit the 5 million barrier ?

Update - now almost 3.9 million.

Quicker than I thought.  4.8 million as of this morning so the 5 million will soon be breached.  Next target 10 million but will May actually take heed ?  Doubt it, both her sycophants and that other idiot, Corbyn's MPs, are now more concerned about getting booted out at the no doubt soon to be General Election,  and out of the parliment expenses gravy train than they are about the UK's overall future.

• Like 2