Why do 99% of businesses not have air purifiers?

banagan

7 hours ago, vivid said:

Your point is absolutely correct.   Te air purifier filtration can be compared to air conditioning.  In fact, the subsequent rise in levels with a few simple opening of the main doors at a business shop gives very noticeable rise to the PM2.5 levels that takes very long to recover, even more so than air conditioning.    If we think deeper into air filtration vs air conditioning, there are similarities between the 2 and the general concept is the same, but there are also big differences between the 2.  

So basically one just would have to appropriately size the air filtration devices for the kind of external load and human traffic experienced.   Just like  we wouldn't want to use a system 3 doing 25000 BTU/h aircon for a 150 m2 business area esp not in 40 deg C heat.  There are commercial cleanroom FFU fan units sold in China and exportable to countries like mine and many others in South East Asia/NZ/Australia/US/CAN etc that can gun out CADRs at over 2000 m3/hr with a H10-H11 filter which is actually more than acceptable for those who have used H11 in their air purifiers and measured with PM2.5 meters before  (you can also use H14, U15, U16 filters if you want, good luck to your pocket though).  

Our cute little xiaomi 2S does CADR 310 m3/hr @ 66dBA, 3-4 units would be pretty loud and unacceptable in instagram type cafes, medical clinics etc.  The cleanroom FFUs are like 57dBA tops, though they are huge.

CM Mediclnic has 2, they're not that loud.

6 hours ago, Small Joke said:

The best filters only last two years with daily or near constant use.

Without incorruptible government inspectors, they'd never be replaced.

Speaking of government, and Thais 'not giving a shit', some provincial bigwig announced an invitation to the public to witness their re-investiture on Facebook last week, and so far they have a over a thousand responses in Thai, complaining about the air and telling them where they can shove their ceremony, in no uncertain terms. 

Thais will only smile and take so much, before all hell breaks loose.

The writing is on the wall for these pompous old-school tossers in their ice cream suits.

Most ordinary Thais are sick of corruption, but it begins, and ends, with the authorities, who Thais are taught not to question.

But now the worm is beginning to turn, witness the extraordinary online insolence in the response to a certain directive to only vote for 'good people'.

That would have been unheard of before late 2016.

1,000 responses is a start, but considering the province is almost 2 million, it's pretty low. 

4 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

Probably the same reason that thais are not buying them the smog has affected their ability to make proper decisions ????

Or they just don't care about their health

I'm not sure if its a case of they don't care or they're just not aware of how dangerous it is, especially when exercising. I mean, having a marathon in 400+ AQI, couldn't they even wait 3 weeks?

1 hour ago, vivid said:

Some can't leave due to various commitments.

Anyway, i just remembered this.  Since we are talking about the best, how about we operate a nice little cafe in a protective bubble?  Cleanroom Cafe, a place for clean air and relaxation.

Positive pressure cab or laminar airflow cab, take your pic.  Units and filters are not very expensive from China via sea shipping, we usually ship it over to my country at around 70 US dollars per cbm.

Each FFU can flow around 1500 m3/hr max but of course with that many units and by design of the cab we can just set it in "sleep mode".  ????

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.243.58f21b15LPndaW&id=530578703751&ns=1&abbucket=12#detail

image.png.3ecd3d93644dc5e969961eebfd23e280.png

image.png.7080998f24764602a2411a52db3c4251.png

O1CN01weJaU31uJpcGiBXtp_!!2824756017.jpg

Can we add some furniture, maybe some blinds?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, banagan said:

Rang one gym who said they don't have them but have air coolers that sprinkle water? What is it with spraying water, do they honestly think this works?

Of course they do. They believe amulets in windscreens of cars can protect them from accidents......

48 minutes ago, banagan said:

I'm not sure if its a case of they don't care or they're just not aware of how dangerous it is, especially when exercising. I mean, having a marathon in 400+ AQI, couldn't they even wait 3 weeks?

It could also be something much deeper in the thai mentality regarding karma.

Meaning if you have good karma then you won't get sick.

I really doubt that this type of karma is original Buddhist teaching.

1 hour ago, banagan said:

This is the only gym in Chiang Mai I know of that had the sense to do this. 

An air purifier that size will maybe cover a 60 sqm condo.  Nice try, but with the doors opening and closing all the time, those purifiers don't stand a chance.  It's good PR though.

1 hour ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

An air purifier that size will maybe cover a 60 sqm condo.  Nice try, but with the doors opening and closing all the time, those purifiers don't stand a chance.  It's good PR though.

They've a bunch of em.

Because 99% of the people here give ZERO ***** about their life or yours. 

If their belief is not based entirely on fate, it’s based on ignorance. That 1% is worth saving, everyone else needs a reset.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

the Thais that I know are not happy at all with the air quality.

All 6 of them?

Look around outside. Thais either don’t have any mask on at all or they have a dust mask that’s doing nothing. Maybe 1% of them have a proper mask. 

To be fair, I see a lot of ignorant tourists here too. Shocked to see so many walking around without a mask.

• Like 1

Yes the air quality here is sickening  but reading many posts shows an even more sickening disrespect for Thai people, Buddhism, and general behaviour. Why are so many obvious farangs so hateful towards the local population? Being dismissive, disrespectful, derogatory and racist does not in any way help the situation. There are thousands of Thai people who have joined the change.org petition to get the authorities to begin to take action. It most certainly not only farangs who are angry.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 7:34 PM, brommers said:

Yes the air quality here is sickening  but reading many posts shows an even more sickening disrespect for Thai people, Buddhism, and general behaviour. Why are so many obvious farangs so hateful towards the local population? Being dismissive, disrespectful, derogatory and racist does not in any way help the situation. There are thousands of Thai people who have joined the change.org petition to get the authorities to begin to take action. It most certainly not only farangs who are angry.

This is what TV is now. Every thread turns into people slagging the Thais. This is also the main reason that no one uses TV anymore. Just think how many expats live in Chiang Mai and how many people use TV regularly. Tv is known as a place where people come to slag off the Thais and 99.9% of people living here want nothing to do with it.

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2019 at 9:40 AM, lordblackader said:

Why do 99% of farangs think complaining about the smog incessantly will make a difference?

some of us can *****do***** something, as well as warn others.  because we care and have resources.   to get ready.  also.........

we not only can read stuff, we actually do!  example, Nat GeoScience May 2019, Fruend et. al. which says that the bad side of the ENSO, and we are not in one of those in 2019, not even close, has doubled in recent decades versus as far back as we can go, which is 400 years when we use coral as a proxie because, 'as everyone knows' [well, some of us] we only otherwise have 60 years of basic oceanographic data to go on.  duh.  if you understand how important sample sizes are..... and how 60 years comes out over a 10,000 year or whatever recent interglacial period.  on a 4,500 million year old planet.

it will make a difference.  it ain't 'mushroom people' intentionally setting fires.... or villagers, such as myself where we don't have any trash pickup at all and can't eat our trash or bury it.... or a Chinese Hoax...... but in fact, in the 2020's something we may see exactly why such "complaining" did make a difference when the "Innocent People" go 'gee!!!! the smoke is getting a lot worse and I think I can even see flames coming toward us on the local mountain sides that have not had much rain for 2 or 3 years'.... and the 'ambient' outdoor temperature is..... 40 something.  in Chiangmai.  even in the weeauhng!!!!! 

so get ready.  for a surprise.  maybe.  if we knew 100% for sure when and how bad..... it would only matter to a few of us anyways.   

us counter culture folks, meaning we read stuff like Nat Geoscience as well as Oliver Morton and Lewis Dartnell etc etc etc and not just stare at pictures and stupid messages from other "Have A Life"  sleep walkers on our "smart" phones. 

p.s. "Have A Life" actually applies to anyone who ain't dead yet and enjoys taking a deep breath.   whether they are "intellectuals" that can read books and journals or..... are as dumb as humans can be  -- Chomsky

Edited by WeekendRaider