Fool Not To Move

sammieuk1

Very difficult country for April fools where just about anything is believable and everyone involved could be prosecuted under the computer crimes act except in Chiang Mai due to air quality and soup conditions that will hamper finding any culprits.

Which brings me to my question as all my close friends here have either departed literally or been finished off by the Brexit pound and the Mrs fed up with Chiang Mai with the only reason for us being here her gran also now departed we are at the crossroads of where to go with limited finances the UK is my first choice but unfortunately out of the question.

Recently my Mrs said she would like to move to Rama 2 area of BKK close to her mum and sister in Bang khun Thian but I have no idea of this place and the thought of moving the contents of a very nice 3 bed 11,000bpm modern house daunting and finding anything comparable to rent on the internet impossible any serious suggestions welcome. agents in that area  and the costs of physically moving a houseful of contents a bonus and as it is April fools day any other barbed comments equally welcome ???? 

53 minutes ago, robblok said:

I would indeed try some area's of BKK. BKK is more expensive then Chang Mai.

I live a bit north of BKK (Nonthaburi) and I like it. But I would think that living in BKK is more expensive then Chang Mai. 

I would not want to live in the heart of BKK.. other people will like it however.

With her mom and sister near they could check locally what is available much better as what you can find on the internet.

They have been checking but at a snails pace I'm in no rush but this slow and so far turned up nothing I have a couple of months away in the UK looming so cant do a proper go there and check yet ????

Perhaps Jomtien or Hua Hin? Bangkok is far too intense for me, one day there is enough to have me pining for Chiang Mai.

As other posters have suggested, stay in a place for a week or two to see if you like it.

• Like 1

I live in Rangsit pathum Thani.  Prices are low for a 3 bedroom townhouse. to rent as long as you do not rent new.

There are minivans that travel to Bangkok all day.  

This might be the best for you on a low budget.  I could live on 10k if i really wanted to

• Like 1

What do you mean you won't be able to find anything comparable?

I live in Bangkok and it's a dump. Don't forget that all the nice developments you see are aimed at Chinese investors, farang expats and rich Thais who most likely don't even live there, but still live in their loso house bought generations ago and rent their nice condo to Chinese or Farang.

My wife owns a townhouse and the rent around here is about 6000b a month. They are even building a skytrain next to it so I am sure the value will quadruple, but will still rent for 6000b a month. The development is full of nice "modern" houses that are sitting empty since I arrived here 5 years ago. I am sure you can negotiate a nice rent "discount" for something much bigger than what you are renting in CM for similar price.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 7:09 PM, kingstonkid said:

I live in Rangsit pathum Thani.  Prices are low for a 3 bedroom townhouse. to rent as long as you do not rent new.

There are minivans that travel to Bangkok all day.  

This might be the best for you on a low budget.  I could live on 10k if i really wanted to

On 4/1/2019 at 1:23 PM, robblok said:

I would indeed try some area's of BKK. BKK is more expensive then Chang Mai.

I live a bit north of BKK (Nonthaburi) and I like it. But I would think that living in BKK is more expensive then Chang Mai. 

I agree with them, I happen to live just near these places but in the province of Bangkok, subdistrict Don Muang the public transport connection here is very good and when news saying Bangkok has his heavy rain and white smog air, it was not the case here so I would say it is really 'outside' bkk.

The prices for rent and streetfood are far more lower than Bangkok city.

If I fly and land at the DMK airport, I arrive home well in 20 minutes, a big relief.

Just try these places the people are sugessting, just one week here one week there and make your choice.

Rgds,