SCB + One Time Password for transfers.

Did a transfer today to a 3rd party SCB account. It went straight through without asking me for a OTP. Seems odd.

I'm sure that I normally have to enter a OTP that is sent to me via SMS. In fact I checked my old messages and indeed received an SMS for previous transfers.

I have looked on the SCB website to see if I might have switched this off, but cannot find anything. Was less than THB6,000, so maybe not enough to trigger OTP requirements. Is there a minimum limit?

Does anyone else get this?

P.S. My debit card payment was due yesterday (automatic THB200 deduction), so unlikely as it seems, I wonder if this might be the cause.

TIA

10 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Was it an account that you added before to your "safe" list? If so, no SMS (same me, also SCB)

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You may be right.

It was an account that I had to add to my list of 3rd Party Accounts in order to do a previous first time transfer. I have transferred two or three times to this account now.  Don't know if that means that it is recognised as a "safe account" as you suggest.

I have an account with another bank, and it always requires an OTP. Even if it is a regular payment.

What's ridiculous and a security theater on SCB website, how you have to enter the OTP with clicks on randomized layout pictures of numbers.  It's a one time password .....

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Did a transfer today to a 3rd party SCB account. It went straight through without asking me for a OTP. Seems odd.

But completely usual for SCB (and I think same for Bangkok Bank).

As usual transfers can only be done to accounts that had been added/configured once for which an OTP is required.

First transfer to a newly added account will require OTP.

Transfer should trigger SMS/Email.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I only do one or two transfers per year to 3rd parties.....ones I've had setup for a while....like paying my annual auto insurance, etc.  I use Bangkok Bank ibanking.  But anyway, only on the initially setting up the 3rd party transfer and on the first transfer to that 3rd party does it do the OTP thing...I "think" that's the way it works....but not a 100% sure since I only do a couple a year.

Edited by Pib