Paying Thai girlfriend a "salary"

14 minutes ago, observer90210 said:
45 minutes ago, atyclb said:

those type of white skin high value women are also in the money game, don't let their appearances fool you. they cater to and are able to attract wealthy thai guys but usually just for fun or second wife. i live in a 99% affluent thai bkk condo and yes there are girls like the ones you describe but there are also girls white skin, prestigious uni degrees( some from overseas), stable nice families, that are not in the money game.

very true....the only issue is how can one be sure she is not a $-THB-UK£-CHF digger ? Quite a few women are crafty in hiding their true faces until doomsday????, but true that in that case one cannot trust anybody, anytime. ....

.....maybe the alternative could be never to buy in other's name ?....only rent with full open options to walk away one fine morning, with no house, debt, bank accounts in anybody else's name except oneself ? ? ?.....

it is not difficult to "outcraft" those types of women.   i am lucky because ability to speak and read the language filters out a high % of them much in the way wearing a cross keeps vampires at bay.

Edited by atyclb
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Then you're back to the problem of no female company unless you pay them.

To get 'a woman who loves you for yourself' you need to dangle the house carrot.

normal society women i have dated did not require the house carrot and most of them already had a house(s) nicer than mine.

one gal asked me to go live with her in japan, all expenses taken care of by i guess dad

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, atyclb said:

those type of white skin high value women are also in the money game, don't let their appearances fool you. they cater to and are able to attract wealthy thai guys but usually just for fun or second wife. i live in a 99% affluent thai bkk condo and yes there are girls like the ones you describe but there are also girls white skin, prestigious uni degrees( some from overseas), stable nice families, that are not in the money game.

If you have ever dated one, you can understand why pretty much all the guys like these women!

In Thailand the guys have many options. But these girls have lots of choices too.

They may be out for the same thing, but very different from the average girl you meet.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

I own two condos in Bangkok. I kind of live with her unless I have to use the second condo for purposes without her knowledge. She does not know I own two condos. 

Life gets complicated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onekoolguy said:
On 1/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, atyclb said:

If you have ever dated one, you can understand why pretty much all the guys like these women!

In Thailand the guys have many options. But these girls have lots of choices too.

They may be out for the same thing, but very different from the average girl you meet.

maybe so but still quite uninteresting imo

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, FarangOnTour said:

As the years progress she will become less of an attractive commodity to sex tourists and therefore her fee will naturally have to reduce from 3000bhat per customer in order to attract customers, therefore does the amount she expects from Farang boyfriend also depreciate proportionally?

And look there along came a farang on tour  ????

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 8:37 AM, BritManToo said:

Very hard to 'outcraft' them in the west.

Apparently in Australia, sleep-overs for more than 50% of the nights over a 2 year stretch gives them entitlement to 50% of everything you own.

I guess getting a vasectomy and changing gfs every 18 months should fix the problem.

Same in Canada after 1 year.  Crazy.  I avoid those feminazee alpha females at all costs.  Remember though 80% communication is nonverbal.  Just pay attention with the spidey senses.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 7:44 AM, atyclb said:

one gal asked me to go live with her in japan, all expenses taken care of by i guess dad

More likely, you take her to Japan and she earns her expenses there and....................thrn pays you back your expenses ?

I guess everyone’s circumstances are different, but one I’ve learned about  over the past year I find a disgrace...

A girl (30s) from a local village gets sent 15k a month from a boyfriend (40s) living in Europe. The guy is a really nice chap but has a slight disability which makes it difficult to get a higher paid job.

On top of the salary and being in this relationship, she still works in Pattaya when he’s not over visiting, and has a Thai boyfriend. 

She keeps ranting on Facebook about why she’s only given 15k when some of her (younger) friends (with older men) get 20-25k. She’s also now complaining about having to pay insurance and gasoline herself on a car he’s just bought her.

She makes a yearly visit to Europe and has already planned to ditch him if he doesn’t agree to marry her this time around, and pay a sinsod of just over 500k + just under 10 baht of gold. I wish I knew the guy better.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

I guess everyone’s circumstances are different, but one I’ve learned about  over the past year I find a disgrace...

A girl (30s) from a local village gets sent 15k a month from a boyfriend (40s) living in Europe. The guy is a really nice chap but has a slight disability which makes it difficult to get a higher paid job.

On top of the salary and being in this relationship, she still works in Pattaya when he’s not over visiting, and has a Thai boyfriend. 

She keeps ranting on Facebook about why she’s only given 15k when some of her (younger) friends (with older men) get 20-25k. She’s also now complaining about having to pay insurance and gasoline herself on a car he’s just bought her.

She makes a yearly visit to Europe and has already planned to ditch him if he doesn’t agree to marry her this time around, and pay a sinsod of just over 500k + just under 10 baht of gold. I wish I knew the guy better.

It's a mugs game sponsoring a girl, but it gives some guys something positive to live for. Of course it's fake in most cases. I find it funny that girls get this money and spaff it up the wall on family, friends and drinking and expect the falang to pay more. They don't seem to see farang as friends, just as cash cows

Edited by scubascuba3

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's a mugs game sponsoring a girl, but it gives some guys something positive to live for. Of course it's fake in most cases. I find it funny that girls get this money and spaff it up the wall on family, friends and drinking and expect the falang to pay more. They don't seem to see farang as friends, just as cash cows

Some guys have forgotten much their wives back home took in the divorce.

I would have chosen this gal over my Brit wife in a goddamn second.

Probably would have gotten more sex as well!

Thai Sinsot Vs Western divorce settlement

Which to choose?

Edited by BritManToo

On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, FarangOnTour said:

One thing that kept coming up was the concept that the Farang must pay what is effectively a salary to his Thai girlfriend for the duration of the relationship.

Yeah, hard to spot sometimes, and much harder to flush out, but damn son, you got yourself a bonafide HOOKER!

Congratulations!

Lots of interesting comments here.

I just happened to get married to an Isaan gal.

Could have been an American, Australian, Japanese, Korean, Canadian, you name it.

Married her because honestly that is the person I wanted to be with.

Lived in Thailand for 10 years, moved back to the USA 6 years ago.

My wife has learned everything she can about America and is now a US citizen, preferring here to Thailand.

As far as paying?

I married a partner and everything I own either has both of our names or her name.

House, cars, you name it.

Have joint bank account, her own ATM, Amex Platinum and a pocket full of her own Diamond cards.

Have all the household bills setup to pay direct from account each month.

I work and make the money however everything is accessible to her on her own.

She is very responsible with her purchases, has a close relationship with my family, etc.

No different than how marriage should work in any other country.

11 years married.

That is the way it is suppose to be.

If you cannot treat your wife as an equal.....

If I was worried about giving it all to her, I would never have got married

42 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

If you cannot treat your wife as an equal.....

Historically in the west, wives were never equal.

Worldwide, wives are not equal.

Only for a recent short time in a civilisation currently failing, is a wife considered equal.

One may almost wonder if the weak attitude they're equal is what is causing out civilisation to fail.

3 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Sorry mate but sounds a load of bull

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Historically in the west, wives were never equal.

Worldwide, wives are not equal.

Only for a recent short time in a civilisation currently failing, is a wife considered equal.

One may almost wonder if the weak attitude they're equal is what is causing out civilisation to fail.

This thread is really about paying girlfriends a salary. Paying a wife a monthly amount to run the household where you live is very different than paying a girlfriend a salary when you may or may not live with her?

• Like 1

Face it, Lots of guys pay girlfriends here a so called "Salary". The problem is that a lot of men don't understand or play by the same rules that a lot of Women play by?

So It comes as a shock when they discover that the GF has another guy(s) also providing support, She has a Thai boyfirend or even a husband, commonly referred to as Her "cousin".

So is paying a "Girlfriend Salary" Bad? It depends on how you look at it? If you understand the above conditions and set a few rules that you both agree to and you can verify, then maybe its ok? Most women you meet are not wife material, but can be a lot of fun! Just understand the rules and don't get emotionally involved.

8 hours ago, sanemax said:
On 1/25/2020 at 2:44 PM, atyclb said:

More likely, you take her to Japan and she earns her expenses there and....................thrn pays you back your expenses ?

well she had a management position at the jw marriot hotel, had made a pit stop at her parents hi end condo, took me to hua hin for a weekend to a beachside boutique hotel, routinely insisted on paying the bill when going out though eventually we either shared or took turns paying.  she was also studying day trading.  father is chinese

Edited by atyclb

2 hours ago, mike787 said:

Do not pay her.  THai men get sex for free, they get financial support, and have multiple partners with NO consequence,  Save your money.  Don't pay!!

actually this is true and significantly due to actual situation that exists in society.  it helps to be conversant in thai.  below are actual statistics that explain why the ratio of available men to women is so skewed. The survey breaks down number of Thai men as follow:
10.6 million are gay and ladyboy
7.5 million elder men/retired
6.5 million age below 20
1 million disable
1.2 million in jail or addicted to drug
1 million become mokss/priests.

1580096458743.jpg.c7291c8cb94fee65af63cac843acf5f6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Some guys have forgotten much their wives back home took in the divorce.

I would have chosen this gal over my Brit wife in a goddamn second.

Probably would have gotten more sex as well!

Thai Sinsot Vs Western divorce settlement

Which to choose?

always had a prenuptial agreement except with my first wife who i supported through law school ank knew i was legally entitled to 50% of all her future earnings after divorce. 

1 hour ago, onekoolguy said:

So It comes as a shock when they discover that the GF has another guy(s) also providing support, She has a Thai boyfriend or even a husband, commonly referred to as Her "cousin".

Many st girls I meet with admit to getting monthly payments from boyfriends living in the EU as "support".  Yet it is never enough, 2-3 weeks into the month and the money is gone.  haha 

If you like the woman and she provides a service for you, pay her for that service.

That is my philosophy, enjoy being independent and don't want a full time GF at this point.

I know expats who spend more on western food and beer than they do on women. 

If you want to spend your money eating and drinking yourself to death, that is your choice.

I have different priorities.  ✌️