Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Actually, Immigration told the Embassies that they would not accept any income letters from them unless they were able to verify that the information in those letters was accurate. They told the Embassies that they may be held liable in the event Immigration found out the information was false.

So some embassies decided to stop issuing the letters rather than go through the enormous hassle of trying to verify each and every person's statements (or leaving themselves liable).
But of course, TV members not having a single clue about most things, figured that all embassies have this "magic button" that any clerk can simply push and have all their financial information displayed in an instant so that the clerk (that may actually be a foreign national) could simply stamp "verified" on their letter.

Completely oblivious to the fact that even the police in their home countries would (normally) need a warrant in order to see that same information. They expect that some low level clerk at an Embassy could access it and when the Embassies (some of them) decided to stop issuing the letters - they get their knickers in a knot and whine about how the Embassies don't care about them.

And has been mentioned, this came into effect before "Big Jok" (or "Joke" to Westerners) took over Immigration.

I am convinced that the US GB  DK AU embassies were the first to annul the income letter, they want the repatriation of their retired emigrants for a matter of money spills while these countries have the budget in debt

Edited by ICELANDMAN
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No reason has yet been given for the transfer.

How about hatred for foreigners who contribute billions to the economy, extreme xenophobia which is utterly destroying Western tourism (the Chinese are accustomed to heinous politicians, and they don't spend anyway) and rhetoric which is scaring ex-pats and causing tens of thousands to leave the country and bring their good manners, respect, kindness and fortunes elsewhere? 

The Biggest Joke was the worst of the worst. He was a total fraud. He had zero respect and set the nation back a decade or more. Good riddens. You were not fit for the office you occupied. Goodbye. We will not miss you one iota. Perhaps Thailand can now move forward?

What did he do that directly harmed you, and why do you imagine that his

replacement will be any different?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Unless you have changed address, there's no point in doing the report.

43 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Funny you should mention that.  Was talking to some Chinese students who were doing their 90 report.  They thought it draconian and dumb.  As foreigner living in China, you just need to get your housing contract and some other incidentals and everyone is really nice.  It is just a formality and as long as you try to comply, nothing bad happens.  You do that one time, not every 90 days.  You get more smiles at immigration in China than you do in Thailand

50 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

We have already told them 4 times prior, TM6, Tm28, Tm30, yearly extension, and why not just presume we are still here unless notified.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my earlier post.

But 90 reporting is not onerous.

For those who do find it so, then ‘draconian’ free China is the place to be ????

11 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

He seemed to have been doing his job the way it should. So that's payback for doing a good job. I wonder? 

Huh? You are really and truly buying into the nonsense? A real crime fighter? Total nonsense. He was protecting the elite and the army.  That is all he ever did. A corruption crusader? Not a chance. A fraud. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Why would the UK want us ex pats back  ??   They would have to at least double my pension because of no increment increases for me for 12 years.   also they would have to pay for free TV, Hospital, transport for the elderly and housing.......   this seems to contradict your post.

Agreed, mostly certainly that was not the reason for stopping income letters. Laziness, and "we don't give a toss" attitude comes to mind regarding the British Embassy.

31 minutes ago, jesimps said:
1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

No. Denmark Embassy announced latter that it would in fact continue to deliver documents showing income for Immigration purpose.

Source?

I can't find the source again, about 2 months ago,

but here is part of a topic who talked about that :

On 2/27/2019 at 1:37 PM, luckyluke said:
On 2/27/2019 at 1:33 PM, Chassa said:

Danes can still do the affidavit.

For those with a state pension. 

8 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

What did he do that directly harmed you, and why do you imagine that his

replacement will be any different?

The biggest joke was the most caustic member of the current administration. He was utterly toxic. He set the nation back a decade. The changes to immigration policy and his constant raving about evil foreigners was obnoxious, ignorant, racist and hateful. He will not be missed. Even Justin Bieber would be an improvement. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

Definitely he was involved with something else rather than busting the foreigners, I mean he busted some innocent foreigners in the same time. My guess is before the opposition party figure out they quickly ceased his projects and transferred him or maybe there is a catch behind all this scene or backstabbing co-workers. 

16 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Why would the UK want us ex pats back  ??   They would have to at least double my pension because of no increment increases for me for 12 years.   also they would have to pay for free TV, Hospital, transport for the elderly and housing.......   this seems to contradict your post.

They don't care what it would cost,  we are no more than traitors to the uk government .

so they would always,   want us back at any cost,  just to be nasty,  showing us who's the real boss,   Uk standard operating procedure for traitors who left. :jap:

Edited by stanleycoin

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Isn’t he a ally of Prawit. Is this some sort of hidden message and agenda? Interesting indeed. 

He is/was... But there are bigger fish in the sea than the watch man.... Big enough to swallow up his minions (minnows), if given cause or the whim to do so.

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Funny you should mention that.  Was talking to some Chinese students who were doing their 90 report.  They thought it draconian and dumb.  As foreigner living in China, you just need to get your housing contract and some other incidentals and everyone is really nice.  It is just a formality and as long as you try to comply, nothing bad happens.  You do that one time, not every 90 days.  You get more smiles at immigration in China than you do in Thailand

Having lived and worked in China you have exceeded yourself with this post! Thai's can make themselves look bad - no need to help.

29 minutes ago, TonyR101 said:

Big Joke received unfair criticism within the English speaking community, mostly driven by "cheap skate Charlie" residents with minds stuck in an era of colonialism. I've just read 25 pages of hypocritical waffle to prove my point, but Big Joke was an enemy of criminals, frauds, and cheats, and a friend of genuine foreigners willing to accept both rough and smooth of life in Thailand.

For anyone looking for a clue as to why this change is taking place, remember that Taksin Shinawatra started his career in the Thai Police Force.

Well other countries in the region do not have celebrity police officers that are in the news constantly.  Is Thailand such a basket case they need a super hero cop with his own website and media staff?  That may be why he is out.  Its totally weird the amount of attention he gets over such trivial things.  There are some special people in Thailand that make Thailand special, but he is NOT one of them.   Guessing there is a popularity purge happening in junta land.  He's an obvious target. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

Hate to say this, but about a week ago BJ had a meeting with Prawit where Prawit was expected to table a few ideas of his own. Nothing will change if it Prawit who is driving it.

I believe, part of that was supposed to be another three month extension of free visas on arrival (VOA) for the 20 or so countries, mainly China and a bunch of oddball others.   Wonder what's became of that?  It was supposed to be heading for ministerial or cabinet consideration...

29 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I am convinced that the US GB  DK AU embassies were the first to annul the income letter, they want the repatriation of their retired emigrants for a matter of money spills while these countries have the budget in debt

If they want me back, I'm going to Honolulu and start asking for my share of handouts. I'll keep all my money out of the US and they'll wish they had never seen me return.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hellstens said:

He has probably stepped on some big shots toes, that lose business because of him.lol 

arresting immigrant workers means the big bosses lose money and workers to exploit

If he is responsible for the visa extension havok then it is justified. Keeping 800,000 Baht in the bank for 5 months without interest is extortion. Then a further 3 months with 400,000. Crazy. What are foreigners supposed to live on? They are painting everyone with the same brush. Agents should not be allowed to apply, especially for a retirement visa. It was a simple process. That is why I gave up doing the O family extension, too complicated snd repedative. Not reciprocal, EU and UK countries give you a right as soon as you are married or have children with a foreign national if the relationship is proved genuine. Thailand does not welcome foreign nationals but is happy to take their money and offer nothing in return.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, harada said:

Being popular in Thailand can be unhealthy. 

But not as much as chipping away at the gravy train....

I bet all those karaoke bar busts, drug hauls finally tipped the balance.... 

Thailands 1st commandment: Thou shalt not steal from your masters !

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I'm guessing that all the same "experts" who rushed to post here a couple of years ago about how wonderful it was that the Junta was cracking down on corruption when a few members of the same family were dismissed and disgraced will be giving us the benefit of their own conclusions again.  The fact is we will probably never know the whole story and may not know even part of it

Although, the prior episode you recall, in its origins and instigator, probably bears a lot of resemblance to what's going on here. The details and the cause(s) obviously will be different. But it kinda looks like the playbook is the same.