Dunkin’ Donuts announced rebranding

webfact

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sorry but I can't see what's so special about Krispy Kreme, nothing different / special about their taste.  

True if bought out of a box or display case. What made Krispy Kreme famous was the glazed right out of the oven. Stores in U.S. bake them throughout the day. You can come close to recreating that tast by taking them home and heating individual glazed doughnuts for 9 seconds in your microwave. No, it doesn't gum up the taste like a microwave does to bread or pizza dough. Try it. Be amazed. Been a fan since 1946, but I make it a rare treat.

Edited by Mac98
Spelling

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Boiled is quite nice, my son buys bags of small size onions at the local market (perhaps 90% of the size of a golf ball), peels and boils them with a little salt, about 6 or 8 at a time and in a plastic box on the kitchen table with some carrots and slices of apple, probably just before the kids come home from school, all gone in a flash. 

Nice example of responsible parenthood. 

Getting off his a$$ and making an effort.

11 hours ago, lust said:

Dunkin doughnuts is the dominoes pizza of doughnuts. Garbage.

I only buy from Krispy Kreme.

There are no=0 Krispy Kreme shops in all of New England (USA) Why? No one would buy their donuts, people only bought Dunkin's and in a poll their coffee is considered better than Starbucks. Krispy Kreme donuts taste too sweet.

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Doughnuts mouthwatering?

Don't think so...

While I'm not a big fan of donuts from Dunkin' Donuts, the thought of a donut from my local donut shop in Los Angeles did make me salivate.  So I am off to the shop for donuts and coffee.

1 minute ago, Trouble said:

While I'm not a big fan of donuts from Dunkin' Donuts, the thought of a donut from my local donut shop in Los Angeles did make me salivate.  So I am off to the shop for donuts and coffee.

I don’t eat them. Really do not appeal on any level. 

12 hours ago, lust said:

Dunkin doughnuts is the dominoes pizza of doughnuts. Garbage.

I only buy from Krispy Kreme.

They're not really that much better... Image only

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lust said:

Well then I have to ask if you even like doughnuts in general. Where’s your go-to doughnut shop?

Any single branch, family owned, local, UK, baking instore.

Not the corporate, industrialised, multinationalised, overpriced, bland, s*** of DD, KK, or anyone remotely like them.

Edited by Enoon

On 4/11/2019 at 8:37 PM, scorecard said:

Boiled is quite nice, my son buys bags of small size onions at the local market (perhaps 90% of the size of a golf ball), peels and boils them with a little salt, about 6 or 8 at a time and in a plastic box on the kitchen table with some carrots and slices of apple, probably just before the kids come home from school, all gone in a flash. 

That will give you a good run for your money. ????????????

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

More Amercan fast food to poison our children.

A raw carrot or onion is far more nutritious and fun for the kids, with less chance of diabetes later in life. 

There are many documented stories about parents with your thinking and the outcome of their kids.

They mostly become unstable insecure adults with emotional/substance abuse problems.

There is nothing wrong with a kid having an occasional donut or McDonald's as most kids in the world do.

But, obviously you can raise them as you wish.

Good luck...

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

They would be better off making a new donut that is vegan and tastes like something sweet but has never been anywhere near anything the flavour it claims to be ... seems to have worked for Greg's. On a more serious note, I'm surprised that companies such as this are still around thinking that the old formula for their product will be just fine for the future. If any company is vulnerable to the changing whims and laws of societies than this sort of one must be top of the list as sugar is firmly in the sights of many governments as an extra tax contributor.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

More Amercan fast food to poison our children.

A raw carrot or onion is far more nutritious and fun for the kids, with less chance of diabetes later in life. 

As much as I enjoy raw onions, I cant see them being a hit with the kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, Tony125 said:

in a poll their coffee is considered better than Starbucks.

Actually their coffee + sandwich (or donut) promo is a superb deal. Main disincentive in relation to Starbucks is the lack of ambience in most stores. 

On 4/11/2019 at 9:49 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

But! There is ! It is a  Donut! Not to be mistaken for a  doughnut! 

I am still yet  to work out  the Dunkin  part! 

The "Dunkin" is a short contraction of "dunking". Something some people do with a donut

to put a biscuitpiece of bread, etc. into a liquid such as teacoffee, or soup for a short time before eating it:

She dunked a biscuit in her coffee.
Cambridge Dict.

9 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

The "Dunkin" is a short contraction of "dunking". Something some people do with a donut

I always thought it was a a colloquial spelling of Duncan...

On that score I was going to suggest Miss Nobklao (of Golden Donuts fame) used a shortened version of her own name in the rebranding... 

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

to put a biscuitpiece of bread, etc. into a liquid such as teacoffee, or soup for a short time before eating it:

She dunked a biscuit in her coffee.
Cambridge Dict.

Thanks for  that. Not same as "dipping ones biscuit" at all. lol

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There are many documented stories about parents with your thinking and the outcome of their kids.

They mostly become unstable insecure adults with emotional/substance abuse problems.

There is nothing wrong with a kid having an occasional donut or McDonald's as most kids in the world do.

But, obviously you can raise them as you wish.

Good luck...

And nothing like giving a kid a briefcase for Christmas, too!