Julian Assange arrested by British police at Ecuadorean embassy

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

The charge relates to conspiracy, as long as the Americans can provide evidence that he had communications with Chelsea Manning before or during the time CM stole US classified documents I am sure that will good enough to extradite him to the US.

I am speculating that it concerns Mannings request for help in cracking passwords, 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

I am speculating that it concerns Mannings request for help in cracking passwords, 

It is alleged Ms Manning and Assange had "real-time discussions" on how to share the classified records, with Assange "actively encouraging" Ms Manning to provide more.

During an exchange, Ms Manning allegedly told Assange that "after this upload, that's all I really have got left", to which Assange replied "curious eyes never run dry in my experience".

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/771416/breaking-julian-aassange-arrested-Ecuadorian-embassy-met-police-london

sound pretty damning to me. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bendejo said:

he may have the misfortune of dying of pneumonia while in prison.

He will be entitled to visits from his native Australian consular services to check on his welfare.

Edited by Basil B

5 hours ago, losworld said:

Russsian masters where is the proof for this?  CNN lol

Several agency’s cia fbi nsa ect ect call wiki leaks a russan disinformation organization I trust them way more than Donald and his crew

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Assange is heading to a world of hurt, but he can help himself.

He might offer some cooperation:

Information on meetings with Manafort.

Information on coordination with Stone.

The truth of why Farage visited him.

There’s more folk than just Assange worried about their future.

Trump felt the need to comment on this news, as usual it’s not that he lied when doing so, rather why did he lie; Trump’s comment as follows:

“I know nothing about WikiLeaks. It’s not my thing, and I know there is something having to do with Julian Assange. I’ve been seeing what’s happened with Assange.”

• Like 2

Upon hearing this news from the perspective of being pro press freedom, anti-Putin, and anti-"trump" I wasn't sure how I felt about it. It's complicated. This explains it pretty well.

Don’t celebrate the indictment of Julian Assange

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/04/11/dont-celebrate-indictment-julian-assange/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

+1.  Just like immigration crimes in the west.  Break an immigration law, deport, done.

You think people who commit rape in one country and flee to another should be deported to some third country instead of extradited to face trial for rape?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You think people who commit rape in one country and flee to another should be deported to some third country instead of extradited to face trial for rape?

He was accused of rape and the extradition was so he could be questioned by a prosecutor to determine if he should be prosecuted

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bendejo said:

Bad form, Juli: should have walked out with his head held high, kept his dignity.  Instead he comes off like a homeless loco that lives in the street screaming about the space aliens pursuing him.  Or the leader of a religious cult, err, oops!   (side note: he was raised in a weird cult where everyone bleached their hair white, and he kept that up as an adult, so I suspect he bleaches the beard too)

Once the US has him there could be more charges.  On the other hand he may have bartered some sort of deal with the current powers that be in 2016 and they will pay off and give him a walk.  But DT is infamous for not paying his debts and in dealing with the likes Roger Stone he may have the misfortune of dying of pneumonia while in prison.

A hero to zero story.

Also Julien is not exactly trustworthy. He had a deal with Obama: pardon Manning and I will give myself in.

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Several agency’s cia fbi nsa ect ect call wiki leaks a russan disinformation organization I trust them way more than Donald and his crew

I would expect nothing less on a diet of big state intelligence "leaks" washed down with copious amounts of MSNBC and CNN "analysis."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Assange is heading to a world of hurt, but he can help himself.

He might offer some cooperation:

Information on meetings with Manafort.

Information on coordination with Stone.

The truth of why Farage visited him.

There’s more folk than just Assange worried about their future.

wow, some serious far fetched assumptions going on in this post

Dark and sad days when freedom of the press is curtailed.

Posters above commenting on 'breaking' the law would do well to remember this quote by someone who knows:

The police are not here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder.

Richard J. Daley

And:

Policemen so cherish their status as keepers of the peace and protectors of the public that they have occasionally been known to beat to death those citizens or groups who question that status.     

David Mamet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

He was accused of rape and the extradition was so he could be questioned by a prosecutor to determine if he should be prosecuted

Ok, you think people who have an extradition request issued because they have been accused of rape should be deported to some third country instead of extradited to face questioning for rape?

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Those who shine a light on the dark dealings of governments and their war machines should be heroes to the people, who are used as pawns for the power and profit of a class that holds common people in contempt.

I can't understand why any average joe would have anything bad to say about Assange.

Perhaps if he had been willing to shine his light on countries other than the US?  Did he ever seek to expose dark dealings in Russia, China, or his native Australia?

Interesting enough, at least so far, the only crime Assange has been charged with by the Justice Department is offering to help Manning figure out the password to gain entry to the classified material. He has not been indicted for actually helping to do so. So did Assange actually give Manning help?

"The indictment is cagey on this point. “Cracking the password would have allowed Manning to log onto” unauthorized computers, the indictment says. “Such a measure would have made it more difficult for investigators to identify Manning as the source,” it continues.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/11/julian-assange-arrested-media-journalism-analysis-226650

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal, again.
  • Like 1