Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Good to have you back safe and sound AlexRRR.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Monday is the pre-season and rookie draft day so have another couple of days to sweat on the possible recruitment

of the Big Dish.

Hard to make an assessment of the draft for WC really.

After the first half a dozen, seems to be a bit of a lottery.

Oh safe dont know about sound......And Castro....didnt meet him, i can say without doubt or recrimations that Cuban women would make excellent AFL footballers...they grow quick and mature in a very short time....and even they dont have the widest latin hips in the Americas they know how to use them....first hand experience both on the dance floor and in private...lets say there very athletic even they built for endurance....i could just imagine a hip going out as they fly for a mark....

The draft Mr WILL was weak...well reported long before the big day that the Bombers took number one...shame about that....im just bleeding for them...Dee's who that fella was quick to put down were on the ball....spent up big last year too have a number of first round as well as low picks...... Im recommending that the broke Bombers should be relocated to Hobart.....

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:54 AM, Will27 said:

Looks like Ben's lifestyle is catching up with him.

images.jpg

311895_7adc44d3738be7951ce9817699332f6c.jpg

He was one of the most gifted young footy players I ever saw, with so many things going for him. It's a great shame he has ended up like this and I fear there will be no good outcome.

Many years ago I worked in the Northbridge area and much of my business happened there. I had community contacts who were on the edge of the seedy side of the area and we often talked about this young player.

Before Ben's problems became public, it was known in those circles that he was on a slippery slope. With his mate Gardiner, and others, he was mixing with the worst people there, reveling in the glamour of the criminal class. 

It was a case of too young, too famous, too much free time, and too much money to spend.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

He was one of the most gifted young footy players I ever saw, with so many things going for him. It's a great shame he has ended up like this and I fear there will be no good outcome.

Many years ago I worked in the Northbridge area and much of my business happened there. I had community contacts who were on the edge of the seedy side of the area and we often talked about this young player.

Before Ben's problems became public, it was known in those circles that he was on a slippery slope. With his mate Gardiner, and others, he was mixing with the worst people there, reveling in the glamour of the criminal class. 

It was a case of too young, too famous, too much free time, and too much money to spend.

To go the road guys like this go and you dont have to be a celebrity Mr Croc the majority are missing a few screws in the head....tradie talk for mental health issues, or in some cases just simple in the head....

Many will feel for Ben but the reality is he has had a large network around him and yet he still runs off the track, the guy is missing something like Brains plus no dout mental health problem, he always takes the path of least resistance, the jails are full of guys like that...

I stoped feeling sorry for him and the like a long time ago....its a shame sure, many due to chemical imbalance end up in similar situations but in the end if they dont want to be helped what can you do?

Then theres the drug issues.....again the ones with weaker minds tend to do it....the drug pushers are winning the drug war, its time to make all drugs legal get it out into the open that will end the profits criminals make government can tax the profits from the losers who use them and best of all the users are out in the open...when you know who they are a program can be targeted to them to help get off the shit.....its just a rough outline but basically thats it, there is absolutely no chance of stopping guys like Ben Cousins ending up dead or worse being looked after because there a vegetable under the current system.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

To go the road guys like this go and you dont have to be a celebrity Mr Croc the majority are missing a few screws in the head....tradie talk for mental health issues, or in some cases just simple in the head....

His celebrity status gave him an in with some of the biggest crims, and gangs of the time, and started him off with the drugs. They paraded him into restaurants and such as some sort of trophy.

I did hear later that one of the biggest names in Northbridge tried to get him back on the straight and narrow without success.

Other than that, I agree with most of what you said.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2016 at 9:54 AM, Will27 said:

Looks like Ben's lifestyle is catching up with him.

images.jpg

311895_7adc44d3738be7951ce9817699332f6c.jpg

Pretty clear eyes for a alleged druggy.

Pupils are normal ,

Just looks confused.

Edited by joboss

18 hours ago, joboss said:

Thanks for thinking of me Alex, but I think I’ll stick with the petite Asian ponies, I’m a tad delicate to ride those big bucking booties.

You got no idea.......it was with pleasure i experienced several Cuban girls.....they do the full girl friend experience, no hurry to leave either,  just lock up your deodorants and aftershave the babes would dive for it the moment they walked into the bathroom.....and that ass.......it works in rhythm with you.....then it works to its own beat..... as an old guy Jo you would appreciate how they do the work for you.....

Shame Cuba isn't in Asia can say there the best looking as well as the best in bedroom aerobics.......eat your heart out....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joboss said:

Pretty clear eyes for a alleged druggy.

Pupils are normal ,

Just looks confused.

The eyes look like there not connected to the brain.......i dare say its fried golden brown now or is it just the West Aussie stare?

Well.......the magpie curse continues....Dawes delisted and that other guy the Brazilian poney looks like going the retiring route....

Said something about our previous recruiters....Clarke and Dawes had beds set aside for them at St Vincents as they spent there entire contracts in sick bay....

And this taken from The Roar 30th of june 2012....

Former coach Dean Bailey and recruiting manager Barry Prendergast have a lot to answer for. In pursuit of a youthful, talented list, the club cleared out some of its most respected senior players and gutted the culture of the club. Players weren’t forced to earn their spots, instead given games based on the need to educate them. Critically, these younger players had no experienced role models to teach them how to prepare and play at the elite level. 

The recruitment decisions made between 2007 and 2011 have been nothing short of diabolical, due both to factors outside of the club’s control, and some very poor decision-making. 

The club recruited mobile utility Cale Morton with pick four of the 2007 AFL draft, overlooking the explosive Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn) and Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide), who both possess extreme pace, something the Demons seriously lack in their midfield. Morton is yet to show any real reason for being such a high draft pick, while both Rioli and Dangerfield are integral parts of their respective clubs.

Morton of course is long gone....what that guy said is what i was saying....Bailey hope he's burning in hell destroyed the very fabric of the club....within 2 years 95% of all senior player was gone....

And further more Needle putting off side our best and fairest in his first year then trades Moloney the following...what a bunch of dudds....Gary Lyon can take some of the critizum for helping choose the coach....

New West Coast Eagle Drew Petrie confident of bouncing back from poor 2016

Yep Drew is confident he will make WILL cough up is cornflakes.....

34  with 316 games notched up.....rairing to go in his 17th season.....lets not forget 428 goals in that time....

"I turned 34 in the off-season so I'm old in footy but young in life is what I like to say," he said.

"The opportunity came once I finished at North Melbourne and I thought I had more to give.

"To do it over here, to see a different footy club, to meet a lot of new, different people and just those experiences as well were really appealing to the decision to say yes and I'm glad they read my name out."

Only trouble Drew will face is for the ball to actually get up froward, WCE will struggle to stay in the 8 in 2017 they along with North will make way for The Saints and Dee's, Bombers and Pies could even end up higher.....

At least you have Threepeat to think about in 2017 WILL.....oh...im lobbying for you to be put on handicap...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

New West Coast Eagle Drew Petrie confident of bouncing back from poor 2016

Yep Drew is confident he will make WILL cough up is cornflakes.....

34  with 316 games notched up.....rairing to go in his 17th season.....lets not forget 428 goals in that time....

"I turned 34 in the off-season so I'm old in footy but young in life is what I like to say," he said.

"The opportunity came once I finished at North Melbourne and I thought I had more to give.

"To do it over here, to see a different footy club, to meet a lot of new, different people and just those experiences as well were really appealing to the decision to say yes and I'm glad they read my name out."

Only trouble Drew will face is for the ball to actually get up froward, WCE will struggle to stay in the 8 in 2017 they along with North will make way for The Saints and Dee's, Bombers and Pies could even end up higher.....

At least you have Threepeat to think about in 2017 WILL.....oh...im lobbying for you to be put on handicap...

I'm confident the boys will make the 8, even with Petrie.

As long as we can cope with the loss of Nic Nat and Lycett early on.

I hope Vardy can step up.

Some might say I'm already handicapped:biggrin:

• Like 2

Really important news to hand is.....Jack Silvagni takes number 1, for the members here who are expansion club supporters, Grand dad and pop wore the number 1 at the Blues....if he could walk and talk and pick up a footy he was destined to wear number 1.

Nonno Serge played 239 games and 2 flags, pop Steve 312 games and 2 flags....Nonno and pop presented the jumper to Jack in Italy grandma Rita watching on...how sweet....

The number 3...Bartel's has gone to Cats number 1 @ 26 draft pick , Branden Parfitt....the kid is a relative of olympic gold medalist and former senator Nova Peris who ever that might be...im  not  inpressed should i be?

Some interesting facts .......players that forged successful AFL careers after being overlooked in the national draft....

Sam Mitchell...Hawks now Ageing veteran at WCE, overlooked in 2000 draft came via Box Hill VFL side that took the flag in 01.

Brian Lake..Dogs..Hawks....apparently kept falling asleep at interviews with prospective clubs...that will get you unnoticed ...Dogs checked the kid out and discovered he suffered from sleep apnoea and took him with pick 71...

Matt Prides....WCE ..over looked 3 years in a row...amazing....finally got picked up in 06 rookie draft...

Michael Barlow..Freo  & GGS....snubbed in 07, 08 and 09 national drafts The Werribee midfielder picked up by Freo after winning the JJ Liston Trophy as best player in the VFL, played 126 games including the 2013 GF before delisted and picked up by the Suns....

Dec 2 already teams are back training and only some of the members are just itching to get back into it....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joboss said:

Alex,,, your avatar? 

The WD & HO Wills lab rat?

I see he’s put on some weight in witness protection.

9 hours ago, joboss said:

Alex,,, your avatar? 

The WD & HO Wills lab rat?

I see he’s put on some weight in witness protection.

Ahhhh yes a ex smoker and cunning rat of some distinction thats the reason for the weight gain son....They love there fags in Mexico "the boys light up"...thats a song tooooo....normally cigars stink but the Cubans and you see them around puffing on them were rather not to bad to the nose....i believe though never checked them out they can get pricey some cost more than a bottle of JW Blue....

I was a Malbouroug Man in my teens and twenties then became a Winfield fella only to be coiffing my head off through morning tea switched to roll your own...Drum....then at 30 i seen the light...Helleluyah praise be to Allah  i gave up....god dam disgusting habit..... I cannot stand an ash tray near me, avoid smokers and any place that allows smokers .......

Whats your excuse JoBlow?

Does anybody among our esteemed posters have information regarding the price of subscription for Watchafl in the coming season.

Their website only shows daily ,monthly and pub rates, @ $28 us a month its expensive compared to the $150us  annual fee last year.

cheers 

ozzy

1 hour ago, ozzydom said:

Does anybody among our esteemed posters have information regarding the price of subscription for Watchafl in the coming season.

Their website only shows daily ,monthly and pub rates, @ $28 us a month its expensive compared to the $150us  annual fee last year.

cheers 

ozzy

If you wanna watch The Might Dee's overseas OZZ the AFL has packages on there website for local and overseas something like $130 for all games....on your overseas package, the local only allows you to watch from tablet and phone as there in bed with Telstra, the overseas I'm dam sure it can be viewed on your Pc and probably could do an Apple Tv or equivalent to your telly fella...

You wont need to waste time watching the Eagles or the Kangaroos as there slip sliding away thats a song too....

If your cheap like Bookman and a few of the other guys you can get coverage for most games....but in my experience using the same sites for the local Aleague every now and then the site stops mid game then ur mucking around trying to get it back or in a few cases stops dead about 10 min from full time....i dont bother with it anymore and i bought the local AFL version....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

I posted this on 23 November:

"For those considering subscribing to the footy via Watch AFL next year, they have changed their

payment system.  Instead of a yearly package, they're charging $23 per week or $38 per month..

Suggest you subscribe through a AFL club to get a decent discount and a yearly subscription".

365Sport.tv is an option now.

This year they have included Fox Footy.

I just had a look at the AFL website and they are still saying 2016 season. I do not think they have released their 2017 costings.

Watch every game of the 2016
Toyota Premiership season Live and
on-demand. Plus more exclusive
content on the 24/7 WatchAFL channel. Grab your pass today!

This was on their website during the finals this year.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

You wont need to waste time watching the Eagles or the Kangaroos as there slip sliding away thats a song too....

Dee's may go close 2017....

You know the nearer your destination 
The more you're slip slidin' away

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I just had a look at the AFL website and they are still saying 2016 season. I do not think they have released their 2017 costings.

This was on their website during the finals this year.

I'm pretty sure this is their new pricing system for 2017.

They've always been slow to update their website except for pricing.

Pricing last year was completely different.

And just in.....

If found guilty, hard to see him avoiding jail this time.

Ben Cousins arrested in suburban Perth

TROUBLED former West Coast Eagles footballer Ben Cousins is believed to have been arrested again in Canning Vale.

It is understood the 38-year-old was arrested on Tuesday night for allegedly breaching a violence restraining order.

He is expected to appear in the Armadale Magistrates Court later on Wednesday.

More to come...

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

I posted this on 23 November:

"For those considering subscribing to the footy via Watch AFL next year, they have changed their

payment system.  Instead of a yearly package, they're charging $23 per week or $38 per month..

Suggest you subscribe through a AFL club to get a decent discount and a yearly subscription".

365Sport.tv is an option now.

This year they have included Fox Footy.

Thanks Will, MFC has armchair membership (non game attending) for $75 so have emailed them to see if they can offer annual watchafl package with that membership.

55 minutes ago, ozzydom said:

Thanks Will, MFC has armchair membership (non game attending) for $75 so have emailed them to see if they can offer annual watchafl package with that membership.

No probs mate.

Pretty sure you won't get watchafl included in that package/price.

• Option to purchase digital AFL Live pass to access games and AFL events online, via tablet or phone

Have a look at all of the clubs as prices differ.

You might get a better deal from one of the newer clubs like GWS or the GC.

Edit: The Suns package is $168 and GWS have 15% off the new rates for watchafl.

Freo have on the of better deals at $150.

Was $20 cheaper than WC but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Seems like you will have to get in quick as some of the clubs are either changing to the new pricing.

Again, 365sport.tv is an option.

I'm using a free trial period to watch the cricket and it seems pretty good.

Edited by Will27

18 minutes ago, Will27 said:

No probs mate.

Have a look at all of the clubs as prices differ.

You might get a better deal from one of the newer clubs like GWS or the GC.

Pretty sure you won't get watchafl included in that package/price.

• Option to purchase digital AFL Live pass to access games and AFL events online, via tablet or phone

Can I use my AFL Live Pass overseas?

Live streaming and premium content is not available to our customers if they are roaming outside of Australia and New Zealand. For more information on international broadcast details please visit the following link: http://watchafl.afl.com.au.

From the look of the above mentioned statement Live Pass is only for use inside Australia as it utilises Telstra.

I have 30mbs wifi connection here in the village in Issan so it looks like I may have to fork out for the Pub Pass to get a pay annually subscription.

Payment of monthly charges is my problem as I have no banking ties to Oz,normally I give the fees to my mate on his once a year visit and he pays it on his return to OZ.

At near 80, footy is one of the few enjoyments left in life.:smile: 

• Like 1