Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Round Nine. 

Longer range has more punters polling better blind this week than being information rich !! Clear winner this week was me, let down by Alex's mob.

Fj hangs on but now sharing the lead with the big guy on site. They seem to be battling it out for the lunch at Bradmans. Alex has kindly joined the peanuts in the gallery at the rear watching those two hack it out.  

Punter

LR Round 9

Long R. Cumulative

Weekly tips

Weekly tip tote

FJ

Ron

Alex

Rip

Gaz

Opt

PS/ Farmer Joe adn Ron's 53 lead the site's tipping comp over-all, nudging Big Wazz and Radar's 52 into second. Ironies abound!! 

Edited by optad
  • Like 1

Well well well umps,that ole can't bounce the ball cause i'll get a bad back caper.

Maybe they should look at how many concussions and other body muscle injuries there have been to players this year,then there backs might loosen up a bit.

On the concussions it would be interesting to know whether there is less or more since the shirtfront was taken out of the game.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

Many AFL champs have butchered their first few kicks in their debut games due to nerves.   In all fairness to the comp's first field umpire-ette, Eleni Glouftsis must have been under excruciating pressure last week.

And if you think she can't bounce a full size Sherrin, here's proof she can.

Incidentally, Eleni has already been recognised with her own Wikipedia profile page.   Doing better than me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleni_Glouftsis

Edited by Radar501

I'm having problems sleeping at night trying to remember why the big circle was put outside the small circle in the centre of the grounds.

I recall a line was originally put across the small circle to stop ruckman both coming from the same side at the bounce.

Any idea's why the bigger circle was introduced?

Ok just found it,there's a 3 metre and 10 metre circle so Nic Nat can't take a big run up and win every knock.:smile:

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

FJ writes,  I recall a line was originally put across the small circle to stop ruckman both coming from the same side at the bounce.

Sam Newman and Simon Madden,  just to name a couple …

I once told my daughter in alcoholic enthusiasm  that Simon Madden was a Melbourne Uni JD graduate,, and one of the best ruckmen to play footy.

She diplomatically said,   “That’s good dad”

• Like 1

Close hard fought win by the Cats.

Wasn't the most exciting game to watch.

Bit of speculation over the Dixon kick,at the time watching it i thought he didn't get enough time,

Took a while to click that the ump didn't call any time off which was unusual.

• Like 2

On 25/05/2017 at 1:03 PM, joboss said:

Former Freo Chris Yarrum

The name is Shane Yarren.

Better take care to get the names correct or you may urk someone and enrol your family in a feud that could last into the next dreamtime.

The Yarrens are a large and proud WA family that like all families has a ratbag or two but also some quite achievers.

His mistake was to hide,  a fleet footed fellow like him could outrun most plod anyday.

Being it stupidity or rat cunning no one will hang anything on me kid....WA ....well there calling for a homeland lets give it to them...so far away from the civilised world they can have it...

Yes final minutes and Mills saw Florent then Kennedy in the background and kicked it to the hawk in the middle of them.

He will learn from it but as you say,the curtains are drawn for this season.

Hawks well there still a smokey for the 8.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joboss said:

so far away from the civilised world they can have it...

Is that a perspective from Liquor Island Alex?

You were bad at geography ....VICTORIA is not an island. 

9 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Swans down by 6 points and out of the 2017 finals. They played well considering they only had 21 fit men after the first minute of the game with Jake Lloyd off with concussion. Then at halftime only 20 , Sam Reid off with the same injury. 

Another amazing stat for the Swans was Zak Jones. At quarter time he had 2 points in the live stats and ended up with 119 at full time. 

Sorry do not agree at this stage...WILL have to agree with Jo something i may regret but.....10 wins and your threatening to make the 8, 11 and your sitting 8th, @ 3 and 7 at round 10, 8 wins out of the next 14 games is not out of the question for either the Swans or the Hawks, both clubs are good enough to string half a dozen wins together. The batch of teams from around 5th to 12th is very tight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Sorry do not agree at this stage...WILL have to agree with Jo something i may regret but.....10 wins and your threatening to make the 8, 11 and your sitting 8th, @ 3 and 7 at round 10, 8 wins out of the next 14 games is not out of the question for either the Swans or the Hawks, both clubs are good enough to string half a dozen wins together. The batch of teams from around 5th to 12th is very tight.

The Swans only play 12 more games. They have the bye and there are only 23 rounds. They have to play Adelaide, GWS, Geelong and Richmond away. Swans have a very poor record against Richmond. If they win 8 out of 12 they will finish on 44 points. I do not think 44 points will make the 8

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

The Swans only play 12 more games. They have the bye and there are only 23 rounds. They have to play Adelaide, GWS, Geelong and Richmond away. Swans have a very poor record against Richmond. If they win 8 out of 12 they will finish on 44 points. I do not think 44 points will make the 8

I'm with you Rip.

The Swans will be 3 games out of the 8 at the end of the round.

I reckon they had to win pretty much all of their home games to get in.

Losing at home to the Hawks who were 17th at the start of the round was a dagger to the heart.

I don't think the Hawks will get in either.  I think they can lift for the odd big game but they've given

too much of a head start to the Saints, Essendon and Melbourne. The Hawks also have a percentage

of 79 which is virtually another game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ripstanley said:

10 games played from 23 ...stating you maths 8 wins from the remaining 13 not 12 plus the 3 in the bag give the Swans 11 wins,.,,when i went to school ....there for my original statement is correct...the Swans still can make the 8 and loose 5 more games, the Hawks are one game up on the Swans and there for only need to win 7 more games over the rest of the season....

11 games will make you a threat 12 most defiantly and your playing in the finals....Still to early to write off everyone bar the Lions though in reality Pies suns and the blues are not at all equiped to get there act together and we could throw in the Roos though of this bunch would be the form team at the moment...

Really if anyone could make it you would think both the Swans and Hawks are the best equipped teams outside of the Crows, nope....too soon to lay anyone to rest except the bottom 3 and the pies.

• Like 1

Geeeeeeesssssss Goooooooooodwinnnnnnn Get MacDonald, Hunt and Bugg back in the back line for heaven sakes, throw Watts into the Ruck he's right off and move Pederson to centre Half he's the only one with any life in him in the first half....

During your half time rev up stick a bomb under Viney, dont even recall his name called once....put a whistle up Jones and get Patracca  up froward not a living soul can take a mark up there.....then tell the rest of them to stand on toes....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

10 games played from 23 ...stating you maths 8 wins from the remaining 13 not 12 plus the 3 in the bag give the Swans 11 wins,.,,when i went to school ....there for my original statement is correct...the Swans still can make the 8 and loose 5 more games, the Hawks are one game up on the Swans and there for only need to win 7 more games over the rest of the season....

11 games will make you a threat 12 most defiantly and your playing in the finals....Still to early to write off everyone bar the Lions though in reality Pies suns and the blues are not at all equiped to get there act together and we could throw in the Roos though of this bunch would be the form team at the moment...

Really if anyone could make it you would think both the Swans and Hawks are the best equipped teams outside of the Crows, nope....too soon to lay anyone to rest except the bottom 3 and the pies.

You're forgetting the bye AlexRRR.

Sydney have 12 games to play.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

You're forgetting the bye AlexRRR.

Sydney have 12 games to play.

Thanks Will. I was just about to post the same.  

• Like 2

Well....the smooth talking Goodwin got the feet moving, the whistle blew Jones to 2 goals...Jack V was whisking Jack W started to create and Bugg...ummm still up forward cant kick if his life depended on it...30 plus behind and looking like a bunch of Bedouins....still looking lost  out in the Alice Springs desert now a couple of points up....BUT...we cant take a mark over head....the Suns doing it easy in that area...will it be a game of 2 halfs?